Status: It's done!

Bulls in the Bronx

Taken By the Sky

For moment, Chandler couldn't speak, her knees gave and she felt sick. She forced herself up to call the police, but she heard Michelle's phone go off. She knew it was Mike, she knew what would happen when she told him but Chandler had to answer it.

"Mike?" she answered in a shaky voice.
"Why are you answering her phone?"
"Mike."
"Where is she?"
"Mike, she's...she's," her throat tightened.
"Please, don't say it, do not say that to me!"
"Mike, I have to because if I don't then I won't believe it." But Mike hung up, she couldn't imagine what Mike is doing but she knew what she had to do. She called the police because she didn't know the emergency number for the paramedics.
"911, what's you're emergency?" said a woman's calm voice. For a moment, Chandler couldn't find her voice, "Ma'am, are you there?"
"My friend...she's...dead, she killed herself," silent tears crept from her face.
"Ma'am were do you live?" She slowly and as clearly as possible told the woman Michelle's address, "We will send an ambulance as quickly as possible, god speed."

She sat on the living room couch, sobbing and rocking herself until the ambulance came. Once she the heard the sirens, Chandler walked outside and sat on the curb, "She's in her bedroom." she stated loudly. Once they left and the sirens were long gone, she walked to her car and drove home. The next day, Chandler layed in bed with no intention of moving, she stared, absentmindedly, at the ceiling but no thought ran through her head; there was a knock at her door, though she tried to ignore it. Agitated, the short-haired woman pushed herself out her room and opened the door. Tony was standing on the other side, both of them staring at each other. She moved back so he could step in, and he hugged her in silence.

"Michelle Rodriguez, an angel in disguise," was the concluding sentence of the Bishop, which was proceeded with a prayer. Chandler looked around and felt overwhelmed with the amount of heartbreak that filled the room: family, friends, co-workers, and lovers, the thought that Michelle meant something to which and everyone one of them and the she never thought meant anything made Chandler cry even more. The afternoon of Michelle's burial was chilly with a slight breeze, there was an overcast and it was as if the weather felt the anguish of the crowd. All were silent, and as the casket lowered into the ground, the cries of Michelle's mother was just audible.
As the crowd dispersed, Tony held Chandler's hand tightly, "I miss her already." Chandler mumbled.
"Let's just go home," Tony suggested, "I'll make some pancakes."
She looked back and Mike, who was standing over her grave; she wanted to go over and talk to him, but she couldn't see how that could help. Then Veronica came her way in a black dress and tiny black hat with a veil; Chandler tensed up, but felt no anger.
"I would like to apologize," Veronica said with a dried tear on her cheek, "To both of you. I have been childish and I'm sorry that it could this to help me see that." Veronica hugged Chandler and nodded at Tony before walking off with Austin.
They drove in silence, the only source of noise coming from the radio that softly played 'I'll Be Missing You' by P. Diddy. Tony headed to Chandler's home but so protested, "Please don't take me there, take me to your place." So he did. Once they got to Tony's home, they took their clothes off and changed into pajamas.
"Tony, I'm sorry for cutting; I'm sorry for hurting myself. I'm sorry for you and I'm sorry for doing this to myself. It wasn't fair to me or you, and I love you for sticking around while I was sick, I mean I still am but thank you for staying."
He smiled, "I accept your apology and I'm truly happy that you realized that you were hurting yourself more than you were hurting me; I'm to hear that you're on the path to self-love."
Chandler excused herself to use to the restroom, and as she washed her hands, she stared deeply at herself with small tear escaping her eye and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's been two years and I almost forgot about this and I'm sure alot you guys have too, but I finally finished it. I'd like to apologize for leaving you guys hangin like that, and I love you all! The title is from Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac (it's a good song), and the song mentioned in the story is also a good song and will help tug at the heart strings to listen to while reading! Love ya!