Status: just a little one shot i wrote for a prompt!

All My Heart.

All My Heart.

Vic’s POV

Kellin’s semester abroad was the hardest 5 months of my life. We had been dating for two and a half years, and the longest we’d spent apart was about a month when my family had gone on vacation to Mexico to visit family. Even then, Kellin was just across the border. We were both studying at USC. I was majoring in education, while Kellin was getting a degree in photography. He didn’t have much family to return to, so he had stayed in San Diego, my hometown, over the summers.

But this year, he’d done a study abroad in Oxford, England. He loved it there. I had wanted to visit him so bad, seeing as the only time I had ever been out of the country was to go to Mexico, but it was too expensive. I had hated these past months, sleeping alone, not seeing him… but the letters and skype calls had been pretty fun. He had been sending me so many prints from his film camera to make sure I knew he was thinking of me. Kellin really was amazing at photography.

Today was the day he was coming home. Just in time for the holidays. He’d be spending this Christmas with my family, who absolutely adored him. My parents had kind of taken him in, seeing him as another son instead of my boyfriend. It was pretty cute, actually. His plane was coming in at 6:30. My family had wanted to come with me to pick him up, but that’s where I drew the line. This was our moment. I had dreamed about it so many times, picturing it to be just like in the movies.

At first, I had been worried that Kellin would forget about me. He was so gorgeous; he really could get any guy or girl that he wanted. But he had chosen me. I still have no idea why, considering I was a quiet, scrawny Mexican kid. But I was blessed with Kellin Quinn. Either way, he had made sure that he was still the one making me smile every day, even though he was halfway across the world.

I was a bit nervous to go get him at the airport. What if he had changed? Would he have picked up a British accent? No, that was stupid. I sighed and grabbed my car keys. It was 5:40, but it was about half an hour to the airport, and I wanted to be there in time. I had a history of being late for everything. I exited my dorm and went down to the student parking lot. Most of the kids had already finished their exams and had gone home, but one of my teachers had scheduled ours for December 18th, the last day. Lucky me. I found my beat up Volvo quickly. It was too cold outside; I preferred the warmth and sun. I listened to the radio the whole way there, making fun of every song that came on. My CD player was broken, but shitty music was better than no music. Even this new dubstep trend, which I hated. But whatever, making fun of it was passing the time.

I got to the airport around 6:15. I parked the car and went in the main entrance, disappointed that I wasn’t able to go to the actual gate. I sat on a bench right outside the security area, waiting and checking every second to make sure his flight was on time. He had said he would text me when he landed.

“Flight 184 from Oxford, England has now arrived.” The attendant said calmly over the speaker. I felt my heart start to race in my chest. Kellin was here; I was going to see him. I stood up and faced the security area, watching nameless people file through. And then I saw him. His hair was cut a little shorter, and his blonde streaks grown out. He was wearing a red hoodie, black rolled up jeans, and black toms. I watched him scanned the faces in the crowd, everyone standing and waiting for a loved one. And then our eyes met.

His face instantly lit up. He held his backpack to keep it on as he ran over to me, dropping it as he flew into my arms. He pulled me close, holding my waist.

“Vic, I missed you so fucking much.” That’s when I realized he was crying. I pulled away from his embrace, reaching out to stroke his cheek, brushing away his tears.

“I missed you too! But what’s wrong?” I asked worriedly. He smiled, leaning forward to kiss me. I had missed those lips on mine.

“I just missed you. I love you.” He whispered, holding me close. We got a few strange sideways glances from strangers, but neither of us cared. We were reunited at last. We laced our fingers together and headed towards baggage claim to get the rest of Kellin’s luggage. I turned to him and kissed his cheek.

“I love you, too. Let’s go home.”

Kellin’s POV

I was so nervous to see Vic again. I tried to sleep on the plane ride back, because I knew I’d be exhausted, but I just couldn’t. My thoughts danced with the image of his face. His big, chocolate eyes, his warm smile, his hand intertwined with mine. I had our play list on repeat the whole ride home, smiling at the songs he had put on for me. My favorite was definitely the one he had written and recorded, even if the sound quality wasn’t the best. I could listen to it forever. Vic had a voice you could easily get addicted to.

I sighed, taking out my notebook. I glanced at my watch; about two hours until I would be home. Two hours until I would see Vic. I decided to write some lyrics to pass the time. They flowed even better than usual. I got down all most half of a song, which I was planning on calling ‘All My Heart’, before the flight attendant announced that we would be beginning descent. I wrapped up my headphone cords and started doing sudoku. My heart was pounding; I would see Vic so soon.

The second the plane hit the ground, I reached for my phone to turn it back on and text Vic that I was here. Shit, my phone was dead. Vic would understand. The plane rolled to a stop, and people began to get up and get their things from the overhead compartments. Even though we could get off, people were taking their time. I had been stuck with the very middle seat, so I had just shoved my things on the ground. I grabbed my backpack and kind of pushed through people, saying sorry about every five seconds. I was probably the fifteenth person to exit.

My heart started to speed up as I walked into the airport. What if Vic wasn’t here? I scanned the crowded faces in front of me. And then I saw him, and he was staring right back.

I practically bolted across the room, struggling to keep my heavy bag on my shoulders. But I dropped it as soon as I reached him. I flew into Vic’s embrace, wrapping my arms tightly around his small waist. I felt the tears beginning to pool up in my eyes. I had missed him more than I realized, if that was even possible.

“Vic, I missed you so fucking much.” I whispered to him. He pulled away slightly, looking a little taken aback. He wiped the tear from my cheek in one soft motion.

“I missed you too! But what’s wrong?” He asked in a worried ton. I smiled and leaned forward. I just wanted to kiss him. I needed to.

“I just missed you. I love you.” I whispered in reply, hugging Vic even closer. We got a few strange sideways glances from strangers, but neither of us cared. We were reunited at last. I reached down to intertwine our fingers and, and headed in the direction of the baggage claim to get the rest of my luggage. Vic turned to me and kissed my cheek cheek softly.

“I love you, too. Let’s go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
poop