Status: Hi. I will try to update everyday, even if nobody reads it :P

Complicated.

Chapter 9

*John's P.O.V.*

I quickly ran outside to my bus stop. I got there early, so I sat down on the cold ground. I was trying to think about what I should say to Marri. I didn't even know what to think. I know, I just met her yesterday, but it feels like I've known her for years. I just wanted to ask her so many questions like "Did you self harm last night?" and "Do you feel ok?". I guess I just worry about her, Like a big brother would for his little sister.
I sat there for at least five minutes, zoned out, until I noticed the smell of hot chocolate behind me. I quickly got up and turned around, seeing Marri. She smiled. I waved and smiled back.

"Hey." she said, still smiling.

"Hey." I said, smiling back. I stood there for a couple seconds, unsure of what to say. I looked over at her. She was staring at something over across the street, sipping her hot chocolate. She looked over at me.

"So, how'd the rest of your day go yesterday?" she asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Good. I got a new pair of shoes." she looked down at my shoes, nodding her head. "How was the rest of your day yesterday?" I said.

"Lonely. My parents weren't home, as usual." she looked down at the ground, kicking a rock onto the street.

"Oh, I'm sorry I shouldn't have-" I said before she cut me off.

"It's ok. I'm use to it." she tried to smile at me, but then looked at the ground again. She took a sip of her hot chocolate, walking towards the garbage can near the curb. She threw the cup away, starting to walk back to me. I looked at her, losing my focus.

"I'm sorry, did you want that?" she asked me. I'm guessing she thought I wanted the rest of it since I watched her throw it away the whole time.

"No, I'm ok." I said, smiling at her. She smiled back, now staring across the street again. "What are you looking at?" I asked her. She looked over at me.

"The field over there." she pointed at the field behind the houses across the street. It did look nice, especially since the sun just came up half an hour ago. "Doesn't look nice?" She looked at me half smiling.

"Ya, it does." I replied. I looked down, so the sun couldn't burn my eyes out. I looked over at her and she was still staring. How did her eyes not burn?
She looked down, rubbing her eyes. I'm guessing her eyes started to burn.
Soon the bus pulled over and picked us up. I let her go first, trying to be a gentlemen. She went down the aisle and sat where we sat yesterday, staring out the window. I sat next to her, thinking.
"What's wrong?" I said to her.

"Nothing." she looked over and half smiled at me. "Why?"

"You just looked liked something was wrong." I stared at the ground, biting my sleeve. She looked over at me, then looked at the ground. We sat there, until someone sat beside me on the bus seat.

"Marri! Hey." he said. She looked over at him smiling.

"Hey!" she said excitedly. She looked over at me, noticing me staring.
"Oh sorry. John, this is Max. Max, well, this is John." He was tall, maybe and inch taller than me, thin, had small brown eyes, and had light brown hair. He looked over at me, reaching his hand out. I shacked his hand, not giving direct eye contact. He looked over at Marri, smiling.

"Well, I just wanted to say hi. I'll see you in school." he said, winking at Marri. She smiled.

"You're such a flirt, Max." she said to him, still smiling. He smiled back, before he went and sat down with his friends.

"Well, um, so who's Max?" I finally managed to say. I looked up at her, with a strait face.

"Oh, he's just a good friend of mine, that's all." She said to me, looking out the window again.
I felt jealousy run through my veins. Did she like him?
Wait, what was I thinking? I just met her, and shes probably known him for years. I can't just expect her to like me. Wait, did I like her? I just met her, of course I don't like her, at least not in that way. Well, she was cute, and her eyes were adorable. I shook my head, trying not to think about it. She looked at me, worried.

"Are you ok?" she asked me.

"Ya." I said back, lying. She stared at me for a couple seconds before turning back around, staring out the window again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yepp......It's longer :D
And about the field, that comes up later in the story too. :)