Fix You

Liam

Liam’s phone’s incessant ringing awakens him from his much-needed slumber. He gropes around in the thick duvet cover for it until his hand finally comes into contact with the sleek mobile.

“‘lo?” he asks quietly, clearing his throat softly.

“Liam were you sleeping? Oh god, sorry. I’ll call back later. I totally forgot about the time zone thing,” Finley’s worried voice filters through the tiny speakers and he grins immediately.

“No no,” he adds hastily, “I’m awake. What’s up Finny?”

She’s quiet on the other line, and Liam knows that she has definitely received his gift by now. It’s been a few days since the boys left and Liam had ordered the gift for Finley the second he was in the airport’s international departures lounge.

Ever since Finley had mentioned that Rochelle was going on a vacation to the British Virgin Islands, the idea to send Finley there too had been in Liam’s mind. He knew that she was always crazy busy with work and her online schooling and that she would need some down time at some point in her schedule. He had booked the ticket after getting the flight number from Rochelle and having her swear that she wouldn’t say a word.

“I can pay for things myself you know,” Finley starts, “I’m not broke Liam. Gosh you’re just like Adam.”

Liam chuckles, “What do you expect me to do for your birthday then? And Christmas! Christmas is coming soon Fin.”

“Liam, this ticket is far too much for me to accept.” Finley pauses, her quiet breaths echoing into his ear. “Please don’t ever do this again.”

“I won’t,” Liam says, but he knows he will. All he wants to do is spoil her rotten.

“Promise me.”

“I promise, Finley, that I will never buy you something you don’t want again.”

Finley laughs and it stretches another grin across his face. He misses seeing her and hearing her laugh, especially now that everything is different. Now that she is his. It was so hard for Liam to work up the courage to tell her how he felt, but when she had cried over him leaving at the airport he knew he had to do it then. Liam hated leaving her so suddenly, he had wanted to wait until he came home. He didn’t want her alone.

He asks her how work is, her final few days before her trip. She goes off on a tangent and Liam listens intently, eyes trained out the window. New York City is spectacular at night, and he knows that Finley must have loved living in the US. She probably came to NYC all the time.

“Facetime me,” he says suddenly.

“What?” Finley can’t hide her surprise, as she had been in the middle of telling him all about Rochelle’s work pranks the previous day. She sighs, “Don’t laugh.”

Both set up the facetime quickly and Liam’s face appears on the screen first. When her image finally appears he can’t help but laugh. She’s got her hair piled on top of her head in the weirdest bun he’s ever seen, with bobby pins and random hair accessories sticking out of her hair in strange places.

Clearly she is sitting on top of some sort of table, and her knees are pulled to her chest, clad in a black one piece. Finley scowls at him. Her green eyes narrow at the phone and he props himself up against the headboard so he isn’t laying down.

“Do I want to know?” he asks, catching his breath.

“Rochelle’s little cousins came over today. She suggested that they play hairdresser. I was lucky they didn’t try to do my makeup too. Weasels,” she mutters.

Liam shows her the skyline and she oohs and ahs over the city lights that are just starting to appear. Finley and Liam are talking for barely an hour before someone raps on his door. He gets up slowly, pulling open the door with his phone still clutched in his other hand. Finley is quiet on the other line, waiting for him to turn the camera away from the wall.

Niall is waiting outside with a bag in his hand. He holds it up cheesily, a grin flitting across his pale face.

“Food!”

Liam waves him in and motions towards his phone. “Finley,” he murmurs.

Niall nods and shouts his hello as Liam turns the phone to face Niall. Finley says hi, waving and covering her hair with her other hand.

“I should let you go now Li. Are you performing tonight?” she asks.

“Yeah, first performance of the tour. I’m excited.”

“Good luck. Break a leg and all that,” Finley grins at him and blows him a kiss. Liam’s heart flutters momentarily. “I’ll talk to you soon. Say bye to Niall for me.”

“Bye Finny. I’ll text you after the show.”

Niall is sitting on the couch with a soda in hand and a plate of food on his lap. His eyes are staring intently at the TV and he laughs open-mouthed. Liam sits next to him, pulling open the bag of food and taking what is left out.

For a few moments they sit without talking, Niall still stuffing his face with the take out food. Liam is waiting for Niall’s questions, as he has avoided the boys’ questions about what happened at the airport since they left.

Just as Niall opens his mouth, Liam holds up a hand. “I know what you’re going to ask.”

Niall smirks and runs a hand through his blonde hair. “Then you might as well answer it mate. We’ve all been dying to know.”

Liam groans. He doesn’t want to talk about Finley because he doesn’t know exactly where they stand. She said she would wait for him, but does that mean that they are exclusive? Is she his girlfriend now? Would she let him say, in interviews, that he is no longer single?

Liam also doesn’t want to rush Finny. He’s not sure if she’s ready for a committed relationship with someone who’s going to be on tour 9 months out of the year and in the studio or at promotional events the other 3 months.

“I don’t know where we’re at right now,” Liam admits. He leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees. “We’re an ocean apart. We’re just going to have to wait until I’m home.”

Niall sits back, unsatisfied with the answer, but shrugs nonetheless. Liam knows that Niall doesn’t want him to wait until December to be with Finley, but it can’t be helped. It would be unfair to really express his feelings and then leave again.

“Okay, okay. I can tell you don’t wanna talk about it anymore.” Niall rummages around on the coffee table in front of them and pulls out a video game. “Up to get your ass beat?”

“Pass the controller,” Liam challenges, and Niall smirks in reply, tossing him the xbox controller.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weeeee sorry this took so long to get out!
I've been focusing on this wonderful little invention:
Click here to read an AU about Harry as a hockey player yum
yuuum

<3 c:

Image