Fix You

Liam

It’s been three days and Liam still hasn’t heard a word from Finley. He wonders why he got his hopes up, thinking the blonde would text him something. Anything. Liam pauses, his hand holding tight on the microphone in his left hand.

Zayn moves over next to him, an eyebrow slightly raising up as he moves.

“Li,” he whispers. “You alright mate?”

Liam shakes his head to clear his thoughts before sending a bright smile at Zayn. The music cuts out in the background and he hears Harry groan.

“Liam what’s on your mind? You’ve missed your cue for like the twentieth time!” Harry groans, letting himself drop to the floor dramatically.

Now four sets of eyes are staring at him, wondering why he can’t keep his mind for once. They should be rehearsing for their show at Wembley, which is in two days, but with Liam being so spacey they hadn’t been able to get through at least half of the set list.

The boys are quiet, still waiting for him to answer, so he does.

“The other day I made a dumb mistake and read someone else’s mail.” Louis‘ eyes shoot up in surprise and Niall laughs. Liam shoots him a look and he instantly shuts up. “I went to return it and I- I don’t know. Finley is such a sweet girl and she read the letter and absolutely broke down on my arms. I just want to make sure she’s alright.”

Niall nodded in understanding, but Harry’s eyebrows immediately raised.

“Is she fit?”

Louis slapped Harry’s arm and scolded him quietly.

Zayn talks over the arguing boys, “Why don’t you just go visit her then? You can check up on her and see if her brother’s called yet.”

Zayn is the only one that knows Finley’s story, well at least what Liam found out from the letter and what she told him - which wasn’t much. Liam nods, realizing he could use a break from their rehearsals. He offers to go get coffees for the boys. Harry jumps up right away, sliding his wallet into his tight jeans and saying that he’d come and help too.

Liam decides then that he won’t mention that the Finley at the Starbucks he’s going to is the same one he had told Harry about.

The two walk quietly and Harry is chatting about random things that had happened when he was back home in Holmes Chapel. It’s to no surprise that Harry gets a little glum when he talks about the privacy he didn’t receive at home, even on an unannounced trip.

Liam claps a hand down on his mate’s back.

“It’s not exactly what we signed up for, is it?”

Harry shakes his head in agreement and pulls on the sleeves of his white tee shirt. Harry starts telling more stories - mostly of his little niece that came to visit. Liam laughs and he realizes that he hasn’t been so relaxed in a while.

When they arrive at the coffee shop, Harry strolls in first, his eyes immediately landing on the blonde standing behind the counter. Finley is slouched against the counter, yawning with her head in her hands. She runs her right hand through her hair, the tattoo on her wrist just peeking out of the sleeve of her jumper. Liam smiles when he sees the remnants of the sharpie he used to write his number - it hadn’t faded.

Finley stands up straight when her eyes land on the two. Instantly a grin slides across her face and she waves at Liam, right past Harry’s cheeky grin.

“Hi Liam,” she greets, her white teeth peeking out of her plump lips.

Harry turns and looks at him confused.

“Hi Finley,” Liam replies, leaning against the counter and grinning at her. He’s too pleased to see her that he forgets that she hasn’t called or texted him.

“How’ve you been?”

The question startles Liam. He feels if anything he should be asking her that.

“I’ve been alright. How about yourself? How was your date?”

Finley’s face turns red and Liam chuckles. “Oh my god, please don’t bring it up. It was awful. He took me to a slasher movie but he got sick in the middle of it and ran out! Never happening again.” She shakes her head and giggles.

Harry nudges Liam with his elbow and Liam rolls his eyes at his friend.

“Oh, Finley, this is Harry. He’s a good mate of mine.”

Harry sticks his hand out immediately, and Finley doesn’t hesitate to shake it quickly. The boys rattle off their orders and she starts to work on them, chatting quietly as she does so. Liam watches her interaction with Harry and almost feels a little disappointment. Liam supposes that she found Harry to be very fit, much like everyone did.

“My brother called the other day,” Finley states suddenly, looking Liam straight in the eyes.

His cheeks flush.

“Naturally I told him what you did,” she giggles. “He said when he gets back he’s going to kick your ass. Then, he’ll thank you for giving it to me.”

Finley’s joking voice makes him laugh and he shakes his head at Harry’s questioning look.

“Liam, you didn’t tell your friend about what you did? I’m shocked. I thought you were an honest boy,” Finley teases. She turns to Harry, sliding one of the drinks over the counter as she does so. “Liam got a letter of mine in the mail. Rude as he is, he read it. Thankfully he brought it to me. It was from my brother. He’s in the Marines, currently stationed in Libya.”

Harry turns to Liam, green eyes flashing with amusement. “So this is the Finley you’ve been talking about!” He yells excitedly.

Liam wants to punch Harry. Hard. Liams cheeks turn bright red and he laughs awkwardly as Finley giggles loudly.

“Didn’t know my crying made that much of an impression on you Liam.”

A few more of their drinks are passed over the counter. Harry’s playing with his phone, finger tapping the calendar app quickly.

“Finley, what are you doing on Wednesday night?” Harry questions, leaning on the counter, head resting on his hands.

Finley pauses, pushing up the sleeves of her burnt orange jumper, exposing the full tattoo. She places a hand on her hip as she thinks for a moment.

“Nothing, I suppose. I was going to leave early for my vacation, but I can leave on Thursday instead. Why?”

Harry ruffles his hair and grabs a pen and one of the coffee cup holders. He scribbles something on it, but Liam can’t see what he wrote.

“How would you like to come to a concert with Liam and I? A few mates of ours will be there as well. You’ll enjoy it.”

He smirks and Liam gapes. Harry is casually inviting her to their show at Wembley, though he’s not sure if Harry realizes that Finley doesn’t know who they are.

“A show? Who for?”

Liam grins, this time butting in. “It’s a surprise, but I promise you’ll enjoy it. Please come?”

Finley nods, a grin gracing her pretty features. “I’d love to. Thank you.”

Harry slips the cardboard over to her, and she laughs at whatever is written on it. Liam can’t help but feel a little pang of jealousy: Harry always had better luck with girls. Finley steps out from behind the counter, the last cup of coffee in her hand.

She places it in the cup holder in Liam’s hand and smiles up at him. He towers over her, but that’s okay. Liam finds her height to be perfect.

“It was really nice to meet you Harry,” Finley moves over towards Harry.

She steps into his embrace, and Liam narrows his eyes at how low Harry’s hands are on her back. Then she moves over towards Liam and wraps him up in a quick hug too, which he almost loses his drinks on.

She stands on her tip toes, whispering in Liam’s ear, “I don’t think I’ve thanked you enough Liam. My brother is my world. You have no idea what you did for me by bringing that letter. Thank you so much.”

Shivers run down Liam’s spine and he squeezes the one arm that’s wrapped around her back tighter.

“I’ll see you on Wednesday Finny,” he says, using her nickname.

Finley beams up at him. “Sounds like a plan. I’ll text you for the address. Or would you rather meet me at my apartment?”

“Anything is fine with me.”

As Finley decides that meeting at her apartment might be best, but that she’ll text him regardless, Liam can’t help the warmth and happiness spread through his body. He’s so pleased to have someone other than the boys in his life that makes him happy, and that he can make happy too.

Harry and Liam leave the little coffee shop, Liam grinning insanely all the way back to the rehearsal space. When they arrive back, Zayn immediately asks how it went, but Liam just smiles at him. He is thrilled. He doesn’t even know where to begin.

The band runs through rehearsals again, starting at the very beginning. This time Liam catches all his cues and he doesn’t miss a single note. All the boys notice, and Harry can’t help but feel he may have contributed to that by inviting Finley to the show.

Everything fits together perfectly, and Liam is excited for their concert. He wants to impress Finley. He doesn’t want her to think that he is just part of some boy band that was made just to get screaming girls. He wants her to see that somehow, he is talented. That he has a real job. He wants to introduce her to his life, because she has let him into a very important part of her own.

Wednesday couldn’t come sooner.

♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.

Thank you to
crazygirl19
saudade.
Martykk
kaneswaran


Next part is in the works.

Lots of love c:
Image