Fix You

Liam

“Liam get out of bed you lazy asshole!” Zayn’s voice wakes Liam from his deep slumber.

It had been the first time in weeks that Liam had gotten a good night’s sleep. He was a bit mad to be woken up, if he was being honest.

Liam rolls over and glances at his alarm clock which reads 9:30. He sits up and rubs his eyes in shock. He didn’t realize he had slept through his alarm. Usually he was up at seven or eight at the latest. Liam lets out a little grunt as he swings his legs out of bed and stands up shakily.

Zayn pushes open his bathroom door and shoves Liam inside.

“Mate you’ve got fifteen minutes before we leave. Got to be at the radio place for ten. Hurry up.”

Zayn’s voice fades out as Liam cranks the shower’s heat up and steps inside. He hums along to the tune stuck in his head. He’s got no clue what the song is, but he had heard it the day he had met Finley.

Been on another level since you came. No more pain. Look into my eyes - you can't recognize my face,” he sings along quietly.

If Liam has to be honest with himself, he would have to admit that he hasn’t let Finley leave his mind ever since he met her.

He leaves the shower quickly, letting the short hair air dry as he gets dressed and meets Zayn in his living room. He isn’t surprised to see all of the other boys in there as well, Niall eating an orange from the fruit bowl and Harry staring intently out of the large bay window.

“Mornin’!” Niall greets, mouth half full. “All set?”

Liam nods and the boys shuffle out of the flat and outside. They are hurried into a black SUV before anyone can catch a glimpse of who they are. It’s like that a lot for them. It’s hard for the boys to have any privacy from their fans, who they love, so the measures they go to can be somewhat extreme. Liam always feels bad when he has to walk away form the fans without saying hello or stopping for a few pictures. The other boys are the same way, especially Louis.

They arrive at the radio station within minutes and are shuffled out. This time though, the boys’ arrival was well known to the hundreds of fans gathered outside, eagerly awaiting them. Louis immediately runs over to a group of girls and takes pictures with them. Niall smiles and waves, signing a few things but still making his way inside.

It is Zayn of all five that looks the most bitter about having to stop. Liam knows that Zayn gets tired of all the screaming fans quickest. He has the hardest time dealing with any negativity and he is quick to snap.

Liam places a hand on Zayn’s shoulder and ushers him closer to the door. Security is shouting at them to hurry up because they are on a time limit but the boys are hesitant to pull away from their fans.

Liam grins and walks over to a little girl, crouching down to her level.

“Hi there, what’s your name?” he asks.

The little girl cocks her head to the side, blonde pigtails flopping to the side.

“I’m Layla,” she says quietly, holding nervously onto one of her pigtails.

Liam smiles. “Layla how old are you?”

Layla holds her hands up, proudly displaying the six fingers to show her age. “I’m six. Can I have a picture?”

He chuckles and nods, kneeling down now as her mother swoops in with a camera. Liam wraps his arm around Layla, picking her up easily and setting her down onto his knee. He leans in and presses a kiss to Layla’s giggling cheek. Her face flushes red.

“Thank you Liam!” she squeals, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck in a large hug.

“Anytime Layla. It was wonderful meeting you.”

Layla and her mom wave, backing away from the crowd. Liam stands, dusting off his jeans and catching up with his friends. People are still screaming outside when the boys sit down at the interviewer’s table moments later.

His phone buzzes in his pocket. Liam smiles apologetically at the interviewers who are trying to start talking and pulls it out, switching it to silent.

Finley: Can’t wait to see you tonight, I’m very excited for this concert! :p


Liam chuckles and shows the message to Harry, who grins deviously. He snatches the phone from Liam and tosses it across the table to Zayn, who catches it swiftly and shares the message with Louis and Niall, who are peering over his shoulders.

Zayn smirks up at Liam and slides the phone back.

“Alright boys, hand over the phones,” Paul’s gruff voice startles them.

Harry snorts, “Yeah right Paul.”

Paul crosses his arms over his chest but backs away. He gives them a warning look though, as he fades into the shadows behind the bright lights shining on the group.

The female interviewer, Sheila, passes them all microphones before settling back into her seat. Ross, the other interviewer, joins them soon after, a stack of papers in his hands.

The interview goes smoothly, Liam’s phone constantly vibrating in his pocket. Once or twice he checks it inconspicuously to see Finley’s texts flooding his inbox. They make him smile, which is how he gets caught and Sheila and Ross decide they are going to interrogate him about that.

“So Liam, we see that you’ve been checking your phone quite a lot today. Anything juicy we should know about?” Sheila asks, winking.

Liam’s face flushes and he opens his mouth to say no when Harry cuts him off with a loud, “Yes!”

All eyes in the room fall on Harry who is smirking proudly. “Liam’s been chatting to a good mate of ours all day! She’s brilliant, isn’t she Li?”

Harry nudges Liam with his elbow, but Liam is just shell-shocked that Harry has brought up Finley. His phone buzzes on the table and Harry reaches out to grab it, locking his fingers around the thin phone before Liam can even react.

“Look, here she is again!” Harry flips the phone around to show Sheila and Ross. “It says, ‘It’s a deal. I’ll see you at seven.’”

Harry laughs and Liam is sure that his face is beet red by now. Louis grabs the phone out of Harry’s hands. “Harry you’re such a wanker,” he complains. “That’s personal. Fin is gonna kill you.”

Harry pouts at Lou, playing up his large green eyes. Ross and Sheila are eating it all up, watching with big, knowing smiles.

“Liam, who’s this mate that you’ve been chatting to?” Ross asks with a wicked glint in his eyes.

Liam sighs and shoots an annoyed glance at Harry, pinching his knee roughly. Harry yelps and glares at Liam.

“Um, she’s just that - a mate.”

“Can we get a little more information for your fans that are listening? I’m sure they’d love to know who’s got your eye!”

Liam bites his cheek before answering, wondering if what he was about to do was a good idea or not. “Her name is Finley. She’s a wonderful mate. That’s about it...” he trails off.

Harry is still holding Liam’s phone when it buzzes again. “She says, ‘Don’t forget to tell Harry that he-” Harry stops talking, his eyebrows creasing. “Are my eyebrows really-”

“Harry! Who cares?” Niall moans, resting his head on the table.

Ross and Sheila chuckle.

“Liam, is Finley something more than just a mate? We know that you recently split up with your long-time girlfriend Danielle Peazer, but are you moving on already?” Sheila’s personal question gets all the boys’ attention.

Zayn looks worriedly over at Niall, who shares the same nervous expression.

“Like I said, Finley is just a mate. I’ve only recently met her. There is nothing more to it,” Liam says smoothly.

The boys are all surprised with how Liam answered the question with such finesse. It was hard for him to talk about Danielle so soon after the break up, but the boys were proud of him for handling it.

“On another note, how many of you are taken?” Ross asks, not really interested.

Zayn and Louis hold their hands up, grinning at each other and high-fiving. “We are,” they say in unison.

Liam zones out then, grabbing his phone out of Harry’s hands. He mouths sorry to Liam, but Liam just shrugs.

Harry: I really am sorry mate. Have you told her about the band yet? Might want to do that soon


Liam chuckles and slips the phone into his front pocket, smiling cheekily at Harry. Harry rolls his eyes, knowing that Liam has yet to tell Finley that he is a part of the band that they are taking her to see that night.

The interview concludes a few minutes later as Ross and Sheila wish them luck for their concert and Liam is eager to get out of the room. He’s sick of them and their prying questions. Harry slaps his hand down on his shoulder.

“You ready for tonight?” he asks, cocking his head to the side as he runs a hand through his curls.

Liam nods, a smile gracing his face, but it soon disappears. “I suppose I’ll have to tell her sooner or later - she’s obviously going to notice. I don’t really want to though...She’s so nice and I don’t want her to get freaked out by all the fans.”

Harry shrugs. “I’ll go get her then. You can go to the venue early and get ready, figure out how you’re going to explain all this to her, that sort of thing. I don’t mind.”

Harry flashes a bright smile at Liam and Liam can’t help but agree with the idea. He rattles off Finley’s address to him and Harry programs it into his phone’s GPS.

“I’ll pick her up at seven, yeah?”

Liam nods as the other boys join them in the radio station’s lobby. Fans are still waiting outside for them, screaming loud and waving signs. They all give each other a knowing glance before bracing themselves and stepping outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oops I was supposed to post this before Christmas, sorry!
Things always get a bit hectic around the holidays don't they?
Happy new year's eve everyone! Go out and be a slut and kiss some random people ;)

Again, thank you to kissed by fire

Would love some more feedback guys c:

Image

Also feel free to follow my tumblr, here