Fix You

Liam

Liam is distracted all throughout the concert. He can’t shake the knowledge that Finley is waiting just off stage for him, watching from the wings. He is excited and scared and so, so nervous. He would do anything to not mess up in front of her.

Liam clutches the microphone in his hand as Harry speaks. It is slipping out of his sweaty palms but he can’t control it. Taking a few deep breaths, Liam waves and smiles at a few girls in the front row who have a giant banner stretched between the three of them. They shriek, much like the rest of the audience is, and Liam can’t help but chuckle.

He casts a sideways glance over to where Finley is standing. He can just make out her blonde hair separating her from the dark curtains. She is smiling, watching him intently, and his stomach flutters.

The boys are all chatting now, as a couch is brought out onto the wide stage. They take their places, Liam propping himself on the arm of the striped furniture. Harry starts with the twitter questions, asking all the boys what their favorite Christmas gift ever was. They pass quickly, with Liam finding his eyes constantly drawn towards the side stage.

Finley is leaning against the wall with an amused smile on her face. She is laughing constantly at the boys’ antics. Liam grins and waggles his fingers at her behind his back so no one in the crowd sees. She runs a hand through her hair and waves back.

The last question is a request for the boys to play leap frog on stage.

“I guess I’ll just stand here,” Harry chuckles.

He stands perfectly still in the center of the large stage. Every eye in the crowd is watching them in hushed tones. Niall volunteers to go first, pushing down on Harry’s shoulders but landing immediately on his back. Niall rolls slowly off Harry, legs up in the air as he lands face first on the ground.

Girls are screaming, the boys are laughing and yelling at Niall, their so-called “jumper” of a friend failing them right away.

“Zayn, come on mate. I know you can do it,” coaxes Harry.

Zayn does a small jump over Harry’s shoulders, the first to finally pass. He high fives Niall and grabs a water bottle near Josh’s drums.

“Who’s next boys? Shall it be me?” Louis smirks, tugging on his suspenders.

Louis pulls the maroon straps down to hang by his legs but Liam waves his hand at him.

“Nah, Lou, I’ll go.” He bats his big brown eyes at Lou who just shrugs and mutters into his mic, “Save the best for last then.”

Harry bends down for Liam, who runs across and leaps over Harry with barely any push to Harry’s shoulders. The crowd goes wild, cheering for another successful jump. As Liam stands straight up, coming around behind the back of the couch, he catches Finley’s eye. She gives him a thumbs up and his heart flutters.

“Now who’s ready for the best of the best?” Louis riles the crowd, throwing his arms up to get the girls screaming.

It works - it always does. Louis chuckles and grins over towards Harry. Harry nods and stands perfectly straight, his back stretching back to its full height. Louis steps back into the shadows. He runs forward, planting his hands firmly on Harry’s broad shoulders and soaring right over the curly-haired boy’s 5’ 10” frame.

Liam laughs, leaning onto Niall’s shoulder. Louis practically flew over his best friend. Liam didn’t know Louis could even jump that high in the first place.

Harry bows cheekily as the boys file off stage, him telling the audience that they would be back. The little movie starts in the background, occupying the audience while the boys do a quick change.

Finley has moved from her spot by the stage to the wall outside of their dressing rooms. Harry presses a kiss to her cheek as he passes by her, making her squirm away and crinkle her nose. Liam smiles from afar, glad that she is getting along with his friends.

He approaches her slowly, ignoring the fact that he only had two minutes to change and get back on stage.

“Are you enjoying yourself?”

Finley grins, her big eyes sparkling as she looks up at him. “You guys are fantastic. Thank you for taking me.”

Lou comes out of the dressing room, a bottle of gel in her hand. She catches Liam’s wrist and drags him away, leaving Finley laughing.

The first quick change goes by so fast and before he knows it, Liam is already back on stage. They perform four more songs, talking in between each, before going to change one last time for the encore.

As Liam stops to fix his tie, Finley places her hand on his chest.

“Let me,” she murmurs.

Her slim fingers untie his loose knot, quickly fixing it She tucks it under his vest and buttons it up. Liam grins down at her. She is so concentrated on making sure he looks perfect and he finds it so sweet.

Finley’s palms smooth out his vest, tugging down the ends to make it fit just right to her standards. He lets out a breathy chuckle.

“All set, yeah?”

Liam looks up to meet Harry’s eyes. Harry winks at him and pushes past the duo to get on stage.

“There you go.”

Finley squeezes Liam’s wrist. “Go kill it,” she chuckles.

He nods, flashing her a toothy grin and runs out on stage. He is silently vowing to himself that he will make this the best end of a show for her to ever see.

The crowd’s energy is intoxicating and it fuels the finale. The boys jump around, leaping off stage when the guards are distracted. The sign things in the crowd, lean in for pictures while they sing, and hold girls’ hands. It is the most brilliant thing in the world for Liam to see. He never thought this would happen to him.

When the lights dim and the boys take their final bow, exhaustion hits all of them. Zayn mutters as he walks offstage how tired he is, while Niall is wiping his brow and Louis collapses onto the floor.

Finley is sitting on the couch, feet propped up on the table.

“Nice show boys. I really enjoyed it,” she congratulates them.

Harry and Liam sit on either side of her, groaning as they sink into the cushions. Harry lets his head drop onto her shoulder and she squeals as his sweat drips onto her bare shoulder.

Liam glances at the watch on her wrist, noting that it is already eleven.

“Want me to take you home Finny?” he asks casually, praying that she’ll say yes and let him drive her home.

“Sure. That would be lovely. I have to work tomorrow morning so it would be best if I headed back soon. Whenever you’re ready though, I’m in no rush.”

She brushes a piece of her blond hair behind her ear and smiles gently at him.

“Let me just change really quick. Is your jacket in the coat closet?” She nods. “I’ll grab it for you when I’m done.”

Louis, Niall, and Zayn have already headed to the dressing room, so Liam nudges Harry’s foot.

“Come on mate. Time to head out.”

Harry looks ready to fall asleep in his spot on the couch but trudges alongside Liam. They change in silence. Zayn is the first to head out, waving his goodbyes as he texted Perrie. Louis, Harry, Niall, and Liam head back to where Finley is. Her maroon leather jacket is draped over Liam’s arm.

“Did Zayn say goodbye?” Niall asks curiously.

“Yeah, he was running out to see his girlfriend he said. Oh, and he said something about me going to some party?” she trails off with a giggle.

Niall rolls his eyes and wraps Finley in a hug. “It was lovely to meet you. Hopefully we’ll see ya soon.”

Louis does the same, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek which is mimicked by Harry only moments later. Those three leave out the back door and Liam hands Finley her jacket.

Finley slips it on and follows Liam out of the building. There are still girls lingering in the parking lot, so Liam tugs on her wrist gently. He shields her with his body as he presses through the crowd that has somehow gotten past the barrier.

At the other side of the parking lot is the black SUV that is his ride since, technically, Liam can’t drive. He pulls open the door for her, his hand resting gently on her lower back as she climbs into the car. He lets out a quiet laugh as she grasps the handles to help heave herself into the car, her petite frame giving her slight troubles.

Finley turns and pouts at him before taking her seat, patting the spot directly next to her. Liam waves to the fans that are watching on curiously and closes the door behind him.

As the driver pulls out of the lot after following Finley’s instructions to her flat, Liam decides it’s time to face the inevitable and ask her if she truly enjoyed the concert.

“Liam tonight was fantastic,” it seems as if Finley has read his mind. She grins at him, placing her hand on top of his. “But you kept looking over at me. Shouldn’t you be paying more attention to the fans instead of making sure I’m happy?” she teases.

Liam laughs heartily, shaking his head no and slinging his arm around her shoulder in a sudden bold move. His heart is thumping against his chest and he wonders if she is as nervous as he is.

“No. I wasn’t sure if you would enjoy it, that’s all. Wanted to make sure you were happy the whole time. Next time I’ll take you to a concert we can both watch,” he sends a sly grin her way and she blushes.

Somehow he has just slipped in that he wants to see her again and Liam is praying that he doesn’t sound desperate. Finley’s smile tells him otherwise.

“That sounds like a lovely idea Li. It would be a lot of fun.”

They arrive at Finley’s flat much too soon for Liam’s liking. The whole ride had been filled with chatter but it had made the ride go by too fast. He slides out of the car, holding the door open for her and extending his hand.

Finley slips her hand into his and he leads her into the building. His palms are sweating and he is so nervous that she can feel how tense he is. Liam can’t deny the fact that he is entranced by Finley.

Outside of her door they stop, her key in hand. Finley slides a hand through her hair, looking unsure of what to say.

“Are you working tomorrow?” he asks suddenly.

Finley nods. “From 8-5. Should be particularly boring,” she rolls her big eyes and Liam’s heart flips.

“I’ll have to come in and visit you. Would you like to go out to dinner tomorrow night?”

He catches his breath as she ponders the question. Her teeth bite down on her bottom lip gently, the lip he so desperately wants to kiss.

“I can’t, sorry Li. I’ve got plans with Rochelle. Rain check?”

Her grey eyes look up at him hopefully and he won’t let the disappointment show at all, since he is just too thrilled that she wants to hang out with him.

“Another time it is,” he agrees.

He notices the cold air on his hand and wonders how long it has been since she removed her hand from his grasp - he hadn’t even noticed. His fingers twitch so he sticks them in his hoodie pocket.

“God night Finley,” he murmurs, a tiny smile creeping on his lips.

Finley leans forward, bracing her palms on his shoulders as she stands on her tip toes.

“Night Liam,” she whispers into his ear before pressing a delicate kiss to his cheek.

Finley turns and heads into her apartment, closing the door softly behind her.

Liam’s face breaks into a grin and he heads out of the building with his cheek tingling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelies c:

A little feedback would be appreciated.
Let me know if you like it c:
<3

Image