Status: Currently in progress

The Bones of You

Bromance and Romance

- Stiles-

I trekked up the dirt path toward the old and decrepit Hale house. Scott had insisted we meet Derek here since no one seemed to know where he was living nowadays. No one even knew if he showered. The night was young, just a little past 9pm when I threw open the door grumbling to Scott on the phone.

“Why can’t we meet somewhere a little more cozier and well lit. Somewhere with indoor plumbing, ya know?” I said.

Scott was about to respond when I heard a noise. I quieted Scott and ended the call. Scott was only a few minutes away if he ran like a wolf, so I didn't feel in any immediate danger. I let everything go quiet, only hearing the sound of my pounding heart echoing in my eardrums. Another creek resounded. Maybe it was Derek messing with me. He always loved to make an over dramatic entrance.

“Hello?” I called out, expecting Derek to pop into the light and scare the shit out of me. My side throbbed from the scratch as I tensed up awaiting the shook.

“Who are you?” came a voice from the distance. It was a girl. She suddenly came into view in the dim light and I was speechless. I couldn't get a good look at her, she was still in the dark. All I could make out was a swish of hair in the moonlight.

Behind me, the door swung open and Scott bounded in. His eyes hadn't changed into their golden tone, which means he didn't expect any immediate danger. That or he was just plain being a du-

A glass vase shattered against the wall next to us.

“Look, you’re not supposed to be here. I don’t know if this is some bromance turned romance and you needed someplace secluded to satisfy your carnal lusts for each other but this place is occupado. You need to leave,” the girl said, walking down the stairs casually.

“Bromance turned romance?” I asked, but Scott cut me off.

“We were just leaving,” Scott said, grabbing me by my arm.

“Lena, meet Scott and Stiles,” Derek said, his voice coming from the other room.

Lena gasped and went to Derek, ready to embrace him in a hug. Scott and I were taken aback. We had never seen Derek be this loving with anyone. There was even a small smile on the mean Alpha’s face.

I looked her over when my adrenaline died down as Derek and Lena talked quietly, forgetting our duo. She was about 5’5”, long blond hair, and a pretty face. No wonder Derek was being so friendly. It was her outfit that threw me off. She was wearing a dress, a business dress, inside the burnt remains of the Hale house. What girl would do that? My eyes trailed down and noticed she was in heels.

“What the fuck?” I murmured under my breath, but Derek and Scott’s acute hearing caught it. Derek cleared his throat and I realized they were all staring at me. “Sorry, I just didn't expect… this.” I gestured towards the two until Scott batted my hand away.

“This is Lena. She’s an old friend. And she’s here to help with your little issue Stiles,” Derek said, the gruff Alpha sliding back into play.

“I just wanted to stop by and say hi before I got to my hotel room. Didn't really expect anyone else to be here. I will need some help finding my hotel though, GPS crapped out a couple towns out,” Lena said.

“Oh Scott and I can help you with that,” I interjected, raising my hand like I was in class.

“Thanks for the offer but I don’t think it would be proper to be seen outside of class with students,” she said.

“What?” Scott asked.

“Boys, say hello to your new Biology teacher, Miss Lena Arlen,” Lena said Derek responded to the news by wearing that shit eating grin of his.