Status: Rewritten under You Had Me At Hello

Stay With Me

Dear Cocaine

The fall air turned crisp. Only four months left of this mission, and I was increasingly aware of the fact that he felt things for me, and he always wanted me around. I knew that this could not go well if it dragged on, but a promise is a promise.

I was sitting in the living room with Mikey, when there was a knock on the door. He got up to go answer it. He came back into the living room, followed by a guy with spiky, black hair. I watched him expectantly. He cleared his throat.

“Taylor, this is Frankie. Frankie, Taylor,” he introduced. I waved and he waved back.

“So, where’s Gee?” Frankie asked. Mikey point to the stairs.

“He’s taking a shower, though. So… You can just hang with us till he’s done.” Mikey gestured towards an empty chair. Frankie obliged, throwing his legs over the side of the couch. “So, what’ve you been up to?”

“Not shit, man. Work and sleep is all I do anymore,” he sighed exasperatedly. Mikey nodded understandingly. “Shit, I need a fucking party.”

“Well, I’m sure you can find one somewhere in this town,” Mikey pointed out. Frankie nodded in agreement. It was true. Jersey always had parties going on, no matter the time or day.

“Well, what do you say we go to one?” Frank asked. Mikey looked at me.

“What do ya say?” Mikey asked. I shrugged.

“What does she say to what?” Gerard asked, coming down the stairs.

“’Sup, Gee? I need a fucking party bad. You wanna go?” He asked, bouncing up and down. Gerard looked at me, and I saw by the look in his eyes, he wanted to go. I nodded.

“Sure, but I vote we get some food. I’m fucking hungry!” He laughed.

**************


I stood in a corner, waiting on someone to come find me. Mikey went to the bathroom, and Frank and Gerard both disappeared without warning. I decided to step outside for a smoke, since I had nothing else to do. Outside, it was quiet and peaceful, compared to the loud music and people screaming over each other inside. I had my back to a pillar, and took a drag. I heard the door open, and I turned to see Frankie.

“Hey, what’s up?” He asked, pulling out a cigarette.

“Nothing much. Kinda glad someone decided to come out her. I was getting lonely,” I laughed.

“Sorry about that,” he said. “I had to go talk to someone, and God only knows where Gee went.” I thought about that for a minute. Even though we were not together, I still felt this overwhelming sense of worry.

“You haven’t seen him?” He just shook his head.

“Nah, man. I went to get a drink, talk to Randy, and came back, he was gone,” he said casually, as though it was no big deal. I realized that it may not have been a big deal to him, but it was to me. I put my cigarette out.

“I’m going to go find him,” I told Frank as I pushed open the door. Once I shut the door, I was overpowered by loud music, the scent of sweat and smoke, and dim light. I maneuvered through the crowd of people. I searched the kitchen, the living room, every bedroom and bathroom. Finally, I headed downstairs to the den. I saw a group of people around a table in the center of the room, and Gerard was there with them. I watched as he leaned over the table, inhaled, leaned back, and wiped his face. I closed my eyes and had turned to go upstairs when he saw me.

“Hey, Tay,” he said casually. I just rolled my eyes and started up the stairs. I heard footsteps, and next thing I knew, he’d grabbed my wrist. “Where are you going?” I could hear the frustration in his voice.

“Look, this is your life. Not mine. I’m done trying,” I said angrily. Part of my heart felt like it cracked when I said that. I saw his eyes grow dark.

“Are you LEAVING me?” He growled. I suddenly realized that he was not himself at the moment, and it was not wise to upset him. I pulled my arm away, and headed up the stairs. I was about to reach the top step when I felt my hair get pulled, and my head was jerked back. He breathed heavily in my ear. “You cannot fucking leave me. I love you, remember? You can’t leave me now.” I elbowed him swiftly, causing him to let go. I ran up the remaining stairs and out of the hall. I pushed through the mob of drugged up dancers and drunk singers. I fought my way to the front door and ran outside. Frankie was still outside smoking, now joined by Mikey.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Mikey asked, noting the tears that had escaped.

“I have to go,” I said, without stopping. I kept up with my brisk walking for a couple blocks. Finally, I slowed down to a normal speed to regain my breath. I heard footsteps behind me, but I didn’t turn around to see who it was.

“Hey, wait up!” I recognized Frankie’s voice. I slowed so that he could catch up. “What the hell was that?” I just wiped away a tear. “Did you ever find him?”

“Yes,” I said bitterly. He seemed to think this over and must’ve realized something because he didn’t say anything else for a while. Finally, he spoke again.

“He was high, wasn’t he?” I just nodded my head. “It wasn’t a Mary Jane high either, was it?” I shook my head, wiping away another tear. “I’m sorry… I didn’t realize he would… Since you were here and all…”I just shrugged.

“I don’t care. I’m done with him,” I muttered. He nodded in understanding.

“Did he hurt you?”

“Not really. It didn’t feel great, but I was more scared and upset than hurt.” He nodded again. I felt myself shiver slightly.

“Are you cold?” He asked. I nodded slightly, and he took off his jacket, and put it over my shoulders.

“Thanks, Frankie…”

“No problem. Just let me walk you home,” he said quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so happy. In less than 12 hours, my story has 4 recommendations and 11 subscribers. I only have two comments, but that's still better than none!

Anyone who wants to comment or make a banner will get a chapter dedicated to them! :)

Well this is the last update for the day.

Good night! <3