Status: Rewritten under You Had Me At Hello

Stay With Me

A Perfect Mess

My eyes fluttered open, and I jumped when I came face to face with Frankie. He fell to the floor, laughing as hard as he possibly could. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

“You’re an ass,” I mumbled. He just kept laughing. “It’s not that damn funny…”

“Damn, you’re cranky when you wake up,” he said with a sigh. I rolled my eyes and sat up, stretching.

“Yeah, well, you’re annoying.” He looked kind of hurt by that statement. I felt a pang of guilt, and scooted onto the floor next to him. “But, I love you anyway.” I leaned over and hugged him.

“Good, you’d better.” I looked up at him.

“Or what?” He looked down at me.

“Or… I’d have to do this…”He said as he tickled my sides. I squealed and crawled away.

“No! That is not okay!” I said between breaths. He just laughed.

“Hey, do you know what today is?” He asked, suddenly serious. I looked at him and shook my head slowly. His eyes grew sad. “It’s our one month anniversary.” I smiled.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know. I usually don’t keep up with that…”I apologized. He just smiled at me.

“It’s okay, baby.” I glanced at my phone.

“Shit…”I muttered quietly. “It’s Friday…”

“Yeah, and…?” He waited for an answer.

“I was supposed to go see Gerard and Mikey today,” I replied. His vibe sank, but he nodded, and forced a smile.

“I understand, baby. It’s okay. Just let me know when you get back home, ok?” I nodded and hugged him tightly.

“I love you,” I whispered in his ear. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

“I love you too, baby. Now, go save those boys,” he said with a sincere smile. I nodded, and gave him a quick kiss before heading out the front door. I walked briskly towards the Ways’ house. Once I got there, I let myself in. It was strangely quiet throughout the house. I walked gently through the kitchen and the living room before heading upstairs.

“Mikey?” I called out, becoming increasingly alarmed by the lack of activity in the house. “Gerard?” No one replied. I resorted to calling their parents’ names. When no one responded, I felt like I was about to have a panic attack. I walked into Mikey’s room, and saw no sign of him. I turned and went across the hall to Gerard’s room. I pushed open the door, and waited. I didn’t see him, but I heard water running in the bathroom. I knocked on the door, and when no one said anything, I opened it. Steam poured out of the doorway into the hall. I didn’t hear any movement, and my panic increased. I slowly approached the shower and pulled open the curtain.

“Whoa!” Gerard jumped. “If you wanted to see me naked, you could’ve just asked.” I felt my face burn.

“Well, I called out for someone for like ten minutes… I was scared that either you or Mikey had… It doesn’t matter… We were supposed to hang today, remember?” I asked, looking up at the ceiling. He shut the curtain back.

“Yeah, I remember. Mikey’s out with Mom. So, it’s just me and you today,” he declared.

“Alright, well, I’ll be in your room,” I said awkwardly. I turned and walked out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I crossed the hall and walked into his room. I sat on the bed, and sat quietly for a few minutes. I looked around, and saw a corner of a book sticking out from under the mattress. I slid it out and opened it. It appeared to be a diary. I flipped through the pages, before spotting one that was marked with today’s date. I read it silently to myself.

Two months ago today, she came into my life. And to think, it all started with Mikey telling her that I could help her with an art project. I have never felt more alive. I feel so happy. I found a reason to want to live. I found a reason to get better. And that reason is her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I woke up with 25 subscribers, 12 recommendations, and a new comment:)
Thanks to Miss Monster ?! for her comment! You just made my day:)