Status: Working on it...

The Place That Sets Me Free

A/S/L?

I ran threw the house in the natural Monday morning rush. I grabbed my bag from the end of the banister and I threw it over my shoulder as I ran down the steps. I threw my bag in the dining room and ran through to the kitchen where my mother shoved me my breakfast and a sandwich.
"I do wish you'd start setting your alarm earlier Zack!" His mother hissed as he fussed over his hair. He nodded in reply and ran back through the house grabbing his bag off the floor and his keys and phone off the table.

I saw the bus pulling away as I left the house and let out a deep sigh. Looks like it's time for a run after all. It's not like I don't work out or anything. Believe me, I do. If I didn't I wouldn't be the star quarterback of Dulaney's football team.

Well, I could be, but I'd be a shitty quarterback if I was unfit. So here I am. Running to school because my lazy ass couldn't get itself out of bed. And who's fault is that!? Oh wait... Mine.

I guess I'm just so used to being used and then blaming other people for my mistakes. Like my parents. They're using me to get their dreams for them and it's not what I want. No one ever asks me what I want. Even though it's my life and it shouldn't have anything to do with them. Sometimes I just want to do what I want. Like... Go to college without a sports scholarship.

***

When I reached the school I was only just in time. I ran through the corridors to my locker and swung it open. I grabbed out my football kit and checked nothing was missing. I pulled out my books for the morning and chucked them in my bag.

Once I'd put the books away, I slammed my locker shut and jumped. Right in front of me was the face of my 'Girlfriend' Tay. She grinned and hugged me.
"Hey Zack," I smiled fondly at her and ruffled her hair.
"Hey TayTay, how was your weekend?" She shrugged at me and I linked our hands together, swinging them as we walked to our Math class together.

I swung our arms a little bit too far back and accidentally hit someone in the balls. I turned around and so did Tay. We looked at the guy crumpled on the floor and held back our giggles. I tugged him up and brushed down his back.
"You okay man?" I smiled and Tay grinned. She waved to the guy next to me and he saluted in return. I frowned.

They guy we'd accidentally hit walked off and I frowned in confusion. Tay laughed and took my hand again.
"That's Jack Barakat, class clown and he's a pretty cool guy. You wouldn't know him but I've known him since we were kids," Tay explained. I nodded staring after him. "C'mon douchebag, we're late." I followed Tay into our Math room and sat down at the back next to some guys on the football team, whilst she went and sat with some of the other cheerleaders.

***

Yep, that's right, star quarterback dating a cheerleader. I know what you're thinking "What a cliché! Quarterback and cheerleader!" Well. It's a bit different to that. You see, I'm gay, Tay does know and she's covering for me...

My parents want me to have the perfect life. Star Quarterback? Check. Pretty cheerleader girlfriend? Check. Popular? Check. College scholarship? Working on it.

This is my life, but I don't want it. I don't want to play sports I want to play music, it's my secret love. I want to break free from my parents control. It's not fair for me to have to suffer in silence whilst other people achieve their dreams around me at the same time.

I should be happy with what I have but I'm not.

***

By the end of the day all I want to do is sleep. It's the same with every day. But it's football season, coach has us doing practices every night for the rest of this semester. It's horrible. There are some days when I'd rather bunk off and just go home but my parents wouldn't be very impressed.

I walked to my locker with Tay. I had my arm tightly wrapped around her waist so I wouldn't lose her in the crowd of students. We stopped at my locker and she smiled sympathetically at me.
"I'm sorry you have to go Zack. I can see you don't want to." That's what I like about Tay. She get's it. She's my best friend, other than Martin maybe... No... Tay's the better.
"It's not your fault Tay," I sighed. I pulled out my bag and smiled at her. I ruffled her hair and turned to walk away. "See you tomorrow short ass!"
"JERK!" She yelled back. I could hear the laughter in her voice though.

***

I got changed and ran out onto the pitch. I noticed that there were three guys in the stands watching us as we did our warm up exercises. I looked over to Martin who was stretching beside me.
"Who's up there?" I nodded in their direction and Martin shrugged.
"No idea, dude. C'mon, coach wants us," Martin lead the way over. I followed behind him and took the orders for today's drills off the coach before taking my spot on the field.

Practise didn't end up lasting as long as normal. Coach lost his temper after the fourth time repeating the drill. I ruffled my sweat soaked hair and wondered into the showers. Without hesitation I hopped in and stripped off.

I showered in peace and got changed to leave. As I was getting changed Martin came over to me and smiled. "Cassadee Pope's throwing a party on Saturday, you in? Tay's going so..." I nodded and grabbed my stuff.
"See you guys tomorrow," I called back at them.

***

I got home and dumped my stuff before running upstairs and turning on the computer. I opened up my Skype account and checked my messages. Most were off Tay, who set up this account, I read threw them laughing at some of the stuff she said.

I noticed that I had several invitations to add people as contacts. I accepted them all without thinking about it at all. I whipped out my Math homework and decided to make a start on it. My computer made a noise at me in protest.
"What now..." I muttered and opened up the new message I'd gotten. A guy called... LebaneseDick... What the fuck!? I read the message and wrote my reply.

LebaneseDick: Hey, how's it? A/S/L? Instantly I could tell this guy had been in too many chat rooms but I didn't really care. I might as well reply.
TyrannosaurusSEX: Hey, um... Been better u? 17, Male, Baltimore. You?
LebaneseDick: Same on 3/4. I'm 16.
I smiled at the computer screen.
TyrannosaurusSEX: Cool, where'd u get my skype?
LebaneseDick: I type random things into skype sometimes. Why'd u accept?
TyrannosaurusSEX: Cuz I can. So whts up with ur life?


Curiosity killed the cat I know. But I'm one heck of a nosey person. At least I haven't asked him his name or shit like that.

LebaneseDick: A lot of things... I feel kind of trapped I guess.. My mouth dropped open. Finally someone who understands and feels the same way I do.
TyrannosaurusSEX: I get wht u mean. My parents ctrl me. It's nt right. I'm their fucking puppet.
LebaneseDick: Life sucks. We'll get through it tho.
TyrannosaurusSEX: I guess so. G2G food. TTYL??
LebaneseDick: Yh, course, speak tmoz? Same time?
TyrannosaurusSEX: Mite b l8 home tmoz. But if yur on I'll chat. Bye.


I logged off feeling less stressed then usual. Which is definitely new. And it feels good...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I made Tay Zack's girlfriend because I didn't know who else to use