‹ Prequel: Thinking of Winter

Heaven Can Wait

Jace

It's strange, how one person can change so much of your life in so little time. Seven years ago, I would have never dreamed of being married, living in Japan, and have triplets. I would have never imagined having my brother back in my life and always there when I need a shoulder nor would I ever thought of him being married and happily so. I mean, I knew he'd get married, I just never imagined him to be married so early in his life.

As I watched my brother Zeth and his beloved husband, Paulie, cuddling next to the fire and whispering, I realized just how happy they were. Yeah, they fought, but what normal relationship doesn't? I smiled as I sipped on my tea, looking to my right when I saw my own husband, Liam, sitting down beside me. "You okay, honey?" I asked, adjusting myself to where I was leaning against him a little bit.

"Yeah, I'm alright," he replied, looking at me and smiling warmly. I could tell he as exhausted, the boys, Ryder and Dante, always giving him trouble. I always offered to deal with them and he'd get Andrée, but he said he didn't mind taking care of the boys. I stared up into the face of the man I loved so dearly, seeing the bags under his eyes.

"Let's get to bed," I said in a whisper, kissing his cheek. Then, in a louder voice that I knew wouldn't wake the kids, I said, "Zeth and Paulie can keep an ear out for the kids." They both looked my way and gave me a thumbs up. I finished my tea and set the cup on the coffee table, knowing Zeth would take it to the kitchen. Standing up, I pulled Liam up and pulled him to our bedroom. Both of us undressed and got comfortable, getting into bed and snuggling together.

"Goodnight, Jace," he whispered, kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes and sighed in happiness.

"Goodnight, Liam," I said, resting my head comfortably on his shoulder and letting sleep pull me under.

Time Elapse

I awoke the next morning, hearing laughing coming from downstairs. I sat up and stretched before crawling out of bed and making my way downstairs. I watched as both Zeth and Paulie giggled with the kids as they schooled them. Yes, both Paulie and Zeth got their liscense to homeschool, and they gladly took up to homeschooling the triplets. For a long moment, I watched as they did so, helping them out if they didn't understand.

Smiling, I walked down the rest of the stairs and made my way to the kitchen, where Liam was standing with a fresh cup of coffee in his hands, sipping it as he watched everyone. "Morning, Star Shine," he said, winking at me. I smiled and walked over to him, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Morning, love," I said, before walking over to teh cabinet and pulling out a coffee cup and pouring myself a cup. Taking a sip, I closed my eyes as a moan escaped my lips. "They had it!" I said, causing Liam to laugh.

"I actually went online and ordered a few containers of it from the company," he said, opening the cabinet that held the coffee. I squealed and pressed a kiss to his lips. "I should do that more often."

"Careful, the more often you do, the less awesome your sex life is going to be," I said, winking at him.

"I highly doubt that's possible," he said, wrapping his free arm around my waist and pressing a kiss to my forehead. I giggled, and for a long while, we watched as Zeth and Paulie spent hours teaching the kids.

They looked as if they truly enjoyed teaching the kids, so in to what they were doing that I realized what they were missing out of their lives: a child of their own.