‹ Prequel: Thinking of Winter

Heaven Can Wait

Liam

Hearing the sounds of children stirring,I moved around and woke up before looking around. Seeing the triplets playing with the puppies quietly before they looked up at me and giggled. I shook my head and ushered them into the kitchen. Once I got them settled into their seats,I began making their food.

As they sat there and started eating,I heard footsteps then arms slid around my waist "Good morning" I smiled warmly,turning and looking at Jace. Jace chuckled and kissed me before walking over and sitting at the table while I finished our own food.

Walking over I sat down and handed him his plate "What's on today's to do list?" I asked curiously,staring at him before eating. Jace went quiet for a few before speaking.

"Getting things for the dogs,kennels,beds,bowls,food then taking them to the vet to get them their shots and tags" he said to which I nodded my head. They would need those being around the children more so ones so young as the triplets.

Time Lapse

Once I had laid the kids down for a nap,I handed the keys to Jace "Be careful alright" I said,kissing his cheek as before he left with the puppies to go to the vet. He was gonna drop them off,go to the store and get everything then pick them up on his way back home. Hopefully having this all done before the kids woke up from their naps.

After a while,I heard the car pull up then Jace walk in. The puppies stumbling in behind him before they all curled up and fell asleep causing me to laugh "Apparently that was exhausting" I giggled. Jace laughed and shook his head,walking over and sitting next to me.

"Expensive too" he added "They said we have another month before we need to get them fixed" He said as he leaned back and pulled me into his arms. I rested my head on his chest and relaxed,listening to his heart beat.

"We should have the money by then. thankfully it won't be so much" I said with a yawn. Jace chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around me,his fingers stroking my hair as I slowly fell asleep.

I adored how peacefull and easy our life was right then. The both of us happy together with a family...if only I had known that everything was going to change and I would be fighting to keep him at my side once and for all.