Status: new chapters whenever I get them done

Imperfect Perfection

Chapter 1

Felicity


I looked over at the man in front of me and pressed my lips to his. We broke apart for only a second before we were back at it. His hands were on my hips and his thumbs were rubbing soft circles around the prominent bone. I love feeling his warm hands on my cold flesh. My arms were wrapped around his neck and I played with the fine black baby hairs at the nape of his neck.

We were in the middle of a dark alleyway, the only light coming from a single street lamp outside the mouth of the alley. Trash littered the ground and the walls were covered in multicolored graffiti. You wouldn't expect many other people to find this place on purpose, but we did.

We pulled apart quickly when my phone buzzed loudly in my front pocket. I slid it out and was blinded by the bright screen when I unlocked the small white device. I stepped even further away when I realized it was a message from my Father.

“I have to go,” I said starting to turn away from him, knowing it was hurting us both.

“No, not yet, please. We never get to see each other.” He said grabbing my free hand and trying to pull me back against his chest, I looked up nervously out of habit, trying once again to push him away.

“But Daniel, Father will get mad, and suspicious. I don’t want him to find out.” I said and he looked upset.

“Why are you so afraid to be with me Felicity?” He asked and I looked at him sadly. I squeezed his hand tightly and he looked up at me through his thick black lashes. I ran my fingers through his soft dark hair and he sighed, leaning his head into my hand.

“Daniel, you know this is forbidden.” I said and he looked away from me. We always have this argument, he doesn't understand why I don't just leave, and he doesn't understand my alliances with my people, my kind.

My kind cared for one another and put everyone else first. Always. They always do the right thing and never give it a second thought. His people were willing to back stab each other for their own personal gains. They would watch one of their own lie bleeding on the floor and never do a thing. I didn't understand how we were together, we were much different people, in looks, in personality and in upbringing.

I pressed my lips to his once again before I pulled away from him and put a few feet between us. I turned to look at him and wave before I opened the awaiting text message. A bright golden white light emitted from the mobile device's screen and swirled around me, surrounding me in every way, and I was suddenly airborne.

It lasted only a minute before I was back on solid ground, my jeans and hoodie gone, replaced with the white summery dress that was required of us to wear. I looked around for a minute, covering my eyes from the bright white light that filled my home. I sighed quietly to myself before I started towards the dorms. Not many of us walked but I wanted to clear my head. I had so much going on that I was surprised I could still function.

I studied the flowers and tropical plants that were planted along the white cobble stone street as I walked. I nodded my hello to the passing people and tried my best to pretend as though I wasn’t doing something illegal behind everyone's backs. The last thing I need is suspicion, which would be the literal death of me.

I stopped in front of a beautiful white brick building that seemed to sparkle in the never-ending sunlight. Windows covered the whole front of the building and blonde haired teenagers lounged and chatted outside the doors. I smiled at their warm greetings as I pulled open the door to the building. I headed for the staircase and began to make my way up to the thirteenth floor.

I walked down the long hallway and stopped in front of dorm room 1327, I slid my hand across the door and after a quiet second the door swung open silently. I walked in and shut the door tightly behind myself. I made my way to my perfectly made white bed and flopped down face first. I let out a loud scream into the pillow before sitting up and pulling my pillow against my chest, intending to figure out me and Daniel. I love Daniel, but it is forbidden, and we knew that when we first started seeing each other.

We had both broken so many laws that if we were caught we'd probably be put to death, or worse for me, lose the one thing that was my identity. It wasn’t just me and Daniel that would get in trouble if we were caught, my best friends had lied for me and I knew they would be severely punished as well.

I looked over at my phone when it vibrated a while later and it was a message from my best friend; we NEED to talk. Meet me at the cove. 15 minutes. I snapped my phone shut and shook my head. It probably wasn’t as bad as she thought, but that’s Melissa for you. I sat there in silence for a solid five minutes before I grabbed one of my many pairs of white flats and made my way downstairs.

I slowly walked out of the dorm and down the stairs before I concentrated on my back and after a minute I felt the cold burning of my wings unfurling from their hiding place within my shoulder blades, relief flooding through my upper back. I took off for the cove, landing in the warm sand about ten minutes later.

I watched in awe as the glass clear water ran over the white sand on the beach, causing it to glitter like diamonds in the sun. I loved being here. The sound of the waves was calming and it’s where I come when I’m confused about me and Daniel, or worried about new laws from Father.

“You're early.” I turned around when I heard Melissa’s voice behind me. She had on almost the exact same white dress as me and her wings were glinting in the sunlight. Her blonde hair is half up half down with a small bun in the back. The white highlights stuck out against the glinting blonde curls that was the rest of her hair. She was barefoot and her shoes were in her hand.

“Does time really concern you?” I asked and she grinned.

“No. You were seeing him again weren't you?” She said and I nodded. She huffed and folded her arms before walking over to where I was standing. “What is going to happen when Father finds out?” She asked, concern coloring her words. I glanced up at her sheepishly before looking down at the ground.

“But I love him Melissa.” I said and she shook her head at me, her blonde curls bouncing around her head in frustration.

“Father doesn’t care Felicity! Get it through your head. All he's going to see is one of his Archangels dating a demon, Lucifer's Son at that! And you know what the punishment is for that, let’s not forget about Colette.” She said and her agitation with me was starting to show. I didn't want to be compared to Colette, she was a taboo in our world.

“Colette was different! I'm nothing like her!” I cried, unsure of who I was trying to convince more, her or me.

“This is exactly what happened with Colette except ten times worse. The only reason Colette is still alive is because she ran away and fell. If they catch you they will kill you in the most painful way possible!”

“Then let them do it! I don’t care anymore! I just want to be with him, I love him Melissa.” I screamed before I turned around and folded my arms, the tears finally flowing freely down my face.

“Oh, Felicity, you don't mean that.” She said walking in front of me and wrapping her arms around me. I sobbed into her shoulder as she rubbed soothing circles on my back.

“I just want to be with him Melissa, neither of us chose to be what we are.” I said and she nodded.

“I know sweetie.” She said wiping the tears off of my face. I stood up and wiped at my eyes some more. We both jumped when we heard a voice behind us.

“Girls! There's a meeting, Father called for all the Archangels.” Edmond was running up behind us. He is another one of our good friends and an Archangel as well.

“Is something going on?” I asked when Edmond had stopped next to us. Father never calls meetings of the Archangels, usually he has the others handle it.

“I don't know, he didn’t say, but it was urgent and I knew you weren't at the dorms, so I came down here to find you guys.” He said and I nodded.

“Well, I’m not an Archangel so I’m going back to the dorms.” Melissa said, unfurling her wings from her back. She waved and took off. I turned towards Edmond and stretched out my wings.

“You ready to go?” I asked and Edmond nodded before letting his wings come free through the slits in his shirt. We nodded at each other before we got up and headed towards the council building.

It is a large white brick building, as all the buildings here are, and resembled a Mortal Realm 'capitol building'. In front of it stood many Corinthian columns, and behind those a set of tall glinting gold doors. They are always locked tightly shut, except for when a meeting is called or a trial is being held.

We landed in front of the building amongst the other Archangels who were all in hushed conversations with each other.

“Edmond! Felicity!” Edmond and I turned around just in time to see Chloe running towards us, her orange and white blonde hair flowing behind her. She was one of the few angels allowed to have her hair dyed.

“What happened Chloe? What’s wrong?” I asked when she stopped.

“The rumors, there’s rumors that one of our own has turned to the dark side.” She said and I felt my eyes grow wide. “Chloe looked horrified and I wasn’t sure if it was because someone had turned or because she knew who had turned.

“What do you mean? How do they know?” I asked, worried that they knew my dark secret.

“Father knows everything, but he can't pinpoint exactly who it is yet.” She said and I nodded. I saw Edmond give me a look out of the corner of my eye and I subtly shook my head at him. Chloe opened her mouth to say something but the doors to the council chambers opened and we all began to walk through the doors and find our seats.

The council room is large with circular seats all the way up the walls in tiers. The most important Archangels sit closer to the bottom. In the middle of the room is where the guilty are held during trials. Father's golden chair was centered on one of the walls with two of his guards standing on either side of it unmoving. I took my assigned seat next to Edmond, luckily Chloe sits lower down on the other side.

After we were all seated the lights darkened and the light on Father's throne shined brighter. After a moment of silence he stepped out and sat down in his chair, flanked by another two guards. He waved his hand and the lights came back on.

“Welcome, my council. I call to you in a time of distress.” Father's voice thundered around the cavernous room. After a pause he continued. “One of our own, is making deals with one of the Netherworld.” He said and at this the Archangels began to whisper to each other in worried tones.

I knew it had to be me and Daniel. No angel was stupid enough to do it otherwise. I looked at Edmond worried before I picked up my mortal phone and typed one quick message.

We might have a serious problem......
♠ ♠ ♠
First one ;D Comments