Status: In progress..

When We Were Younger

Chapter Twelve Part One

Dan and the guys were all whispering about the surprise party they were throwing for Tilly this Friday, for her birthday. It was at Dans because Dan had perdsuaded his parents to go out for the whole day. Josh and Joey were incharge of alcohol because of their 'connections' aka brothers and sister, friends etc. Matt and Chris were incharge of inviting everyone. Max was too busy keeping his mouth shut. Dan, well Dan was making this all happen.
They were too busy whispering about the party that they hadn't realised that Tilly was stood there.
"Um, hi guys."?
They all jumped and turned to face her.
"Woah, it looks like i've just caught you's doing something you shouldn't have.. What were you guys talking about?.."
Dan manned up and spoke first. "Nothing babe. Just band stuff." He pulled her on to his lap and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed the back of her neck. "So, you excited for your birthday?"
"Yep, finally 16! I'm just trying to get out of this 'family meal' thing, meaning me and my Dad because my Mam's got business or something.".
"Your Mam seems to have alot of business lately."
"I know." She sighed. "Its just that my parents have been arguing alot lately and I.. oh I dunno."
"Hey, I'm sure it's fine yeah?"
"Yeah.." she sighed.
"Hey Peters, give me a bit of your sandwich yeah?" Matt shouted over.
"Nope." She took a big bite out of it. "Mmm, chicken."
"No fair!" He grabbed the sandwich out of her hand.
"Matthew Barnes!" The others made 'oooooo' sounds from the full name. "Yeah thats right, I full named him. Give me my fucking sandwich back!"
"Never!" He took a bite out of it and passed it to Chris, who also had a bite. By the time it'd passed from Josh to Max, there was none left.
She went to go and get her other sandwich but it hand already been eaten. "Hey who took my other sandwich?" She turned slowly in a circle until she got to Dan who still had crumbs round his mouth. She pouted and he smiled at her. "Right, that's it Mr Flint." She pushed him backwards and sat on him.
"You do know this isn't really a punishment right? I don't mind you sitting on me. Especially when you're wearing a skirt." He winked at her.
She hit him in the stomach. "Nope, that was your punishment." She innocently smiled at him.
"Well that sucked."
She rolled off him and he sat up. She went and sat on Matts lap.
"Do you mind?" Matt asked.
"Nope, not at all." She smiled.
"Switched guys now have we Tilly?" Hannah said as she sat down next to Josh.
"Yeah, got bored of that one over there." She said joking, gesturing to Dan.
"Ouch." Josh said as he put his arm around Hannah.
"Fine, I'll leave then shall I?" Dan got up and started walking off with a fake pout on his lips.
"No, No. DAN COME BACK!" She get up and ran after Dan.
Hannah and the lads watched her run up to him, exchange a few words then go on a major kissing session.
"Fucking hell, wish I could get that."
"Aw Max, you'll find someone sooner or later." Josh said, trying to keep a straight face along with the rest of them...
It didn't work, they burst out laughing and Max just pouted.

~'Hey, you coming out skating?'~ Tilly got a text from Joey after school.
~'Yeah sure, meet you at kfc?'~
~'Yeah, be there in 15 :)'~

Tilly quickly got ready, grabbed the skateboard Joey had lent her and attempted to skate down to KFC. She saw Joey and smiled at him.
"Someones getting better." He said smirking.
"Yeah, I only fell over 3 times while skating here. New record I think."
"KFC?"
"Yeah I'm starving!"
They walked into KFC, Joey wouldn't let Tilly pay for her own meal.
"Joey you prick, lemme pay!"
"Nope. What sort of a guy would that make me? Letting a girl pay for her own meal. No love."
"Oh, such a gentleman." She said sarcasticly. She hit him in the arm and went to find a table.
Five minutes later a massive bucket full of chicken was plonked down on the table.
"Oh you have got to be kidding me. Who do you think you are? Matt Barnes?"
Joey burst out laughing. "Wow, you're so kind to me."
She smiled at him sarcasticly. "How the fuck are we meant to eat all this?"
"No idea. Lets dig in."
They couldn't finish it.
"Time to call re-enforcements."
Tilly pulled out her phone.
~'Chicken.KFC.Now'~
"Who you texting?"
"You'll see." Tilly smirked.
Five minutes later a breathless Matthew Barnes walked through the door. He spotted them and came right over.
"I saw your text and came running. Now what have you pussies left for me?" He sat down and started eating the chicken.
"Jesus Matt, you're gonna choke."
"Me and chicken have a special connection, I can't help it."
They burst out laughing except for Matt who had a mouthful of chicken.
"Done."
"Matt, you've only just started eating 2 minutes ago.. How the fuck have you finished already?"
"I told you, we have a special connect-." Matt's phone went off and he read the text. "Gotta go, bye."
"Where you off?"
Busted.
"Um, meeting a girl.." He went red.
"Aw Barnes, is it that lass you were talking to the other day?"
"Yeah, Holly. Right, I'm going. See you later." He got up and walked out.
"Okay, skating time T."
"Lets go Joseph."
They went to the skate park. Tilly was busy skating and Joey was with one of his mates.
"Mate, that lass is well fit."
"Ed, she's taken man."
"And?" Ed winked at him.
"Nah man, she's with Dan."
"Flinty?"
"Yeah, they're a good couple as well. She would never hurt him, she's too innocent to."
"I can see it man."
They stood in silence and Ed was studying the way Joey was looking at Tilly.
"Hey man, becareful."
Joey came out of his trance. "What? Huh?"
"I may be a stoner but I'm not stupid."
"I have no idea what you're on about." He did though. He liked Tilly, a bit more than he should.
"Fuck off man, you know I'm right."
"Yeah, even if you were, which I'm not saying you are! She's with Dan and I'm not spoiling that."
"Joseph you moron! Are we skating or are you just gonna stand there and talk to Ed? Hi Ed by the way."
"Alright love." He smiled at her and she smiled back. "Come on then Joey, I think it's time I show you up.. again."
"Not hard though is it Ed? Like have you seen him skate? He's shit." Tilly teased.
"Yeah, I know T."
"Says you, stoner." Joey smirked.
"Yeah but Joseph, you suck."
"Right, thats it." He dropped his board and ran after Tilly.
She ran and the turned around and tripped Joey but she also tripped herself and landed ontop of him.
They were both laughing.
"Oh my god, sorry I landed on you." She giggled, rolling off him. She laid next to him laughing to herself.
"No problem." He said, traces of laughter still playing on his lips. He rolled over to face her and she did the same.
He tucked a strand of hair that had fell on her face, behind her ear. Did Tilly feel something? She put her hand over his.
He realised what he was doing and pulled his hand back. Tilly also realised and sat up.
"I better be going. I have homework." She stood and offered him a hand up. He accepted and pulled himself up.
"Okay, want me to walk you?"
"Yeah, it's getting dark."
"Come on then." He picked up his board and handed hers to her.
"Bye man." Him and Ed exchanged a bro hug with slaps on the back and everything.
"Bye Ed." Tilly flung her arms round him. Ed was a little taken back but hugged her back.
"Bye T."

"So, you looking forward to your birthday?"
"Yeah, finally 16. Thank god." They were silent for a few minutes. "Fuck, its freezing."
"Here." Joey took off his jumped and handed it to her.
"Thanks." She pulled it over her head. "What were you and Ed talking about earlier?"
Fuck. "Nothing really." He lied.
"Oh right, looked like you's were having a serious convo.."
"Ed? Serious convo? Really?" He fake laughed.
"Oh yeah." She laughed too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any spelling mistakes and this chapter is split into two x