Status: In progress..

When We Were Younger

Chapter Eight

Tilly's favourite lesson was Music, she had it for two hours every Tuesday. She played acoustic guitar and sung a little but none of the guys knew. She liked how she could express herself via music and sounds. She'd played the guitar for years but only started singing recently due to confidence issues. But now that shes friends with a bunch of lovely lads, that love her for her, shes had a major confidence boost. Her parents didn't like it, they liked it when they could control her. She has independence. The guys only knew that she had music, for all they know she could just play the triangle.

"Hey where's Tilly?" Dan asked, when she didnt show after 5 minutes of waiting for her, in the usual spot.
"Probably still at Music."
"I'm going to go get her, back in a sec guys." Dan said but Max pulled him back.
"Hey, whats going on with you and Tae?"
"I dunno man, I took her out to see a movie."
"Take her out, as in on a date?"
"I dunno, maybe. Then we kissed and yeah here we are."
"Wait, you kissed?" Matt asked, wide eyed.
"Yeah, she's a fucking good kisser as well." Dan smirked.
"Aw, Dan likes her. Dan likes her alot." Josh teased.
"Shut up!" Dan walked off to find Tilly.

Tilly had gotten carried away. She was sat there with an acoustic guitar, singing quietly. Dan spotted her through the window in the door. She looked so..comfortable? Like thats what she loved doing. Dan opened the door as quietly as he could, it didn't disturb her because she was in her own little world. Her head was down, singing into the guitar. Her voice was beautiful, it had a slight irish tinge in it. That just made it so amazing. Her hands were so at home on the neck of the guitar.
She stopped playing and singing. She sighed and then smiled to herself.
"Wow," Dan whispered, hoping that she didn't here. But she did.
Her head shot up. "Dan? Oh my god, how long have you been stood there? I was just..um. Sorry I must have got distracted." She started packing up.
"I had no idea Tils. You're amazing, seriously. Your voice is stunning. And your guitar playing..beautiful."
By the time he'd finished saying all this, she was bright red.
"You're over exaggerating Daniel." She rolled her eyes when she walked over to him.
He wrapped his arms around her waist, and hers went around his neck. He kissed her lips lightly. "I'm not Tils, you're amazing."
She hit his chest lightly and pulled away from him. "Come on, the guys will wonder what we're doing." She winked at him. He just laughed and followed her out the room, to go meet the guys.

"Finally, what did you get up to Tae?"
"Just got carried away with my music."
"Wait, you play something?" Chris asked, generally interested.
"Uh yeah." Her cheeks started going a pinky colour. "I uh, play the guitar and uh sing a little."
"Dont be so shy about it, you're amazing." Dan added.
"Wait you've heard her?" Josh asked.
"Yeah, I walked into the Music room and she was sat there, in her own little world. She didn't know I was there though, if she did I don't think she would have carried on playing."
"No I wouldn't of, because I'm not that good." She stated simply.
"Liar, you're great."
"So Peters isn't completely useless." Matt cheered.
"Oi, shut it Barnes."
They carried on talking. Dan's arm made its way round her waist and she leant into him. The bell went so they made their way into school again. Dan held Tilly's hand as they made their way to class.
"Hi Dan," a girl said as she walked up to him.
"Oh hi Jordan."
"Who's this?" She said, pointing to Tilly.
"Tilly-Mae." Tilly said smiling at her.
"New girl, right?"
"Yeah."
"Cool accent."
"Thank you."
The girl turned back to Dan.
"I haven't seen you in ages Dan. How's things?"
"Great, I'm sorry but we have to get to class. I'll speak to you later, yeah?"
"Course, see ya."
Dan dragged Tilly off to Maths.

After Maths had finished Tilly and Dan made their way to the usual meeting spot. Dan had gone to go get some food.
"Who's Jordan?"
"Jordan?.." Josh asked.
"Um shortish, blonde hair, big pair." She said gesturing to her small chest.
"Oh, um thats Dans ex."
"Oh.."
"Pure weirdo love, super clingy. Dan's completely over her, don't worry" Max said quickly.
"Oh, I'm not bothered." Tilly lied.
The guys just shrugged it off, then Dan came back.
"What did I miss?" He asked and sat down next to Tilly.
"Nothing much mate." Chris said.
"Okay then.. well what are we all doing tonight?"
"Band practice mate." Josh said.
"Band practice? I didn't know you's had a band?" Tilly asked, a confused look playing on her face.
"We're just starting one. Me singing, Max on rhythm, Matt bass, Chris lead and Daniel here, on the drums. Our last drummer sucked balls, like total shit." Josh explained
"Sounds great, when you's have got it all sorted I'll have to hear some of your stuff yeah?"
"If you're lucky Peters, don't want you cramping our style of anything."
"Right thats it Barnes." She got up and started walking over to him. He got up and started running, she chased after to him. Everyone started laughing, especially when Matt tripped over and Tilly sat on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 6:13am and I'm updating because I can't sleep.
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've still got severe writers block x
Outfit is the uniform