Teenaged

Chapter Seventeen

“The sixth month,” Gabby read from the book, “Around the time of the sixth month the mother will start to feel fatigued more, hungry more, and will experience emotional swings of epic proportions.” Roland groaned, “Great...more emotion!” Michael laughed, falling off my bed and onto the floor. “Shut up!” I snapped, reaching into the baggy of grapes and stuffing a handful in my mouth. “Yes your highness,” he said, giving a mock bow.
Trent knocked on the door, opening it slightly: “Hey, Rylie and I are going out to eat; it’s our anniversary. Will you be ok all by yourselves?” he asked. “Absolutely,” I nodded, “go have fun!” He smiled, “We will, don’t go into labor.” I blushed. “I’ll try not to.”
He retreated down the hall and minutes later I heard their car start up and back out of the driveway. “Aww it’s their anniversary!” Gabby squealed, “We should do something nice for them!” I nodded, popping another grape into my mouth. “Yeah like,” she looked down at the book, “a nice diagram of what their baby should look like right about now.”
Roland rolled his eyes, “Or something non baby related. All this talk about baby is driving me crazy!” he said. “His name is Nolan Spencer!” I said, pointing across the hall to the open door. You could see the names spelled out in the block letters above the crib. “Yeah, but it’s not always just about Nolan,” he said, patting my stomach lovingly, “it’s about anything related to babies in general.
Michael rolled his eyes, “Why not bake them a cake?” I sat bolt upright, “YES! I want cake!” I said loudly. “Oh god!” Gabby said. “NOW!” I ordered. Roland sighed, “Come on Michael. Your idea, you’re going to help.” he said, pulling my brother to his feet. “Whatever, I get to go through their list of phone numbers. I would love to meet some of their special friends,” he winked.
“Oh that’s right, you’re gay,” Roland laughed. “Yupp!” he said, looking Roland up and down, “HANDS OFF! HE’S MINE!” I shouted as Michael laughed and darted down the hallway.