Status: I'm still in the process of writing this as I am doing snippets here and there whenever I write it. I might update daily or weekly depending on the time I have to write.

Descendants of Heroes

Nyssa Pierre

“Mom... Dad...” I knew that I was the only survivor of the event, but the scene would replay over and over again.

I was pinned in the flipped over car, the seat squishing my leg against the roof. Mom and Dad had been in the front, arguing like usual when something appeared in front of the car. Dad tried to swerve around the figure, turning right into a ditch and flipping the car.

I saw Mom hit her head on the dashboard and the windshield had shattered, splashing over her head. I watched as some of the glass had gone into her neck, but it didn't seem natural. Like it was force into her neck. Dad's airbag had hit him in the chest, the glass shards spraying into his face. They were unconscious, so I wouldn't have heard their screams. I knew one thing though, I lost consciousness as soon as the car stopped moving. Maybe, it was me who had screamed.

Nyssa... Wake up...” The voice was something from a dream. Somewhat familiar, though I couldn't place the voice with a name.

I tried to force my eyes to open, groaning only slightly. My leg stayed trapped between the head rest of my seat and the roof of the car. But I didn't feel any pain. Nothing, but a burning pain near my wrist. I looked around, seeing my parents in the front seat, hanging upside down. I shook my head slightly and looked at them.

“Mom...? Dad...?” My voice sounded horrible in my own ears. There was no response. The voice returned to my mind.

They are dead, girl. They died on impact.” I felt my eyes well up with tears. No...

I knew they were dead. I felt it when I first saw them before I blacked out. There was no way they could have survived those shards. But it was so unnatural how the glass just seemed to move to kill them. But how did I...

You are my descendant, girl. As much as both of us will dislike this.

“Who...are...you?”

My name is Achilles.” The voice replied.

“Achilles...?” My mind started to swim through all the stories, the greek myths where he should belong. I heard some sirens coming towards the flipped vehicle.

I should leave you for now. You need time to heal and they will probably wonder why you didn't die.

“Why didn't I...?”

Because you are just as invincible as me, Nyssa. I hope to hear from you when you wake up.” His voice started to fade, the presence of Achilles gone. Something really bright was shined in my eyes. I flinched.

“Someone's alive!” I saw hands reach for me and try to drag me out. I closed my eyes and let the unconsciousness fill me with the false relief in the darkness...