Status: I'm still in the process of writing this as I am doing snippets here and there whenever I write it. I might update daily or weekly depending on the time I have to write.

Descendants of Heroes

Nyssa Pierre

When I woke up 4 years ago in the same bed that I'm in now at the hospital, I know that I was fully alone now, no family to take care of me. I was completely and utterly alone... Well, almost. Achilles spoke with me time and time again. Sometimes, he was trying to comfort me. Others, he was being down right annoying.

For days I stared out the window and not eating or moving. 13 years old and I had no one in the world. For a while, I believed that I was going insane. I mean that I didn't think a sane girl would be having a guy's, someone who had been dead for 3,000 years, voice talking to her through her mind. I kept thinking that he was just an imaginative voice, but certain things he said made me rethink about it.

Weeks had passed and I realized something. Everyday when I woke up, there was a vase of flowers at the foot of my bed. I twas always the first thing I saw. And everyday, they were different flowers in the vase. Roses, Lillies and many other fragrant flowers. I never saw who was leaving them or why. Achilles always snickered when I woke up.

Looks like you have a suitor.” I felt my cheeks burn. But who would be leaving flowers to me?

Every time I tried to to ask a nurse, especially the younger interns, they turn all bubbly and blushing like crazy. They wouldn't answer my questions about who was coming in and leaving flowers. The mystery continued for a while. Until one morning, really early where I didn't even see the sun, I saw a strange figure in my room.

A dark-haired boy with a kind of scene look was assorting the flowers in the vase. He was taking them out and changing them with new flowers and one flower that didn't match the rest of the flowers. It was kind of roundish bulb that I couldn't really name at the time. He finally turned around and revealed his startling blue eyes. He saw me watching him, a surprised look on his face which quickly shifted into a smile. I kept thinking, I should know that face. I gave an unsure smile and tried to sit up.

“Don't get up on my account, Nyssa.” He came over to my bedside and sat down, mesmerizing me with his voice and smile. I was kind of stunned.

“Who are you?” His smile disappeared and a frown started to make his face droop. Instantly, I felt bad. He looked down and sighed.

“I shouldn't assume that you remember anything from before the accident. It's me. Corra Sang.” At the sound of his name, I started to remember. Though, they were memories of when I was much younger.

“Cory?” Corra smiled again and hugged me gently.

“That's right.” I hugged him back gently. “I'm sorry about your parents Nyssa. I'm glad that you are ok though.” At the mention of my parents, my eyes started to well up with tears. I felt his grip tighten around me.

“Nyssa?” I whimpered slightly and buried my face in his shoulder. He clutched me close. “I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up. Please forget I said anything.” I shook my head and held onto him. After everything that happened, I was grateful that he was there “Nyssa...”

I looked up at him, wiping away the tears with the back of my hand. “Yes...?” He looked in my eyes, a deeper understanding passing between us.

“Nyssa, I'll help take car of you. I promise... I won't leave you.” I let a few tears fall and hugged him tightly. At least, I knew I wasn't going to be alone...