Status: I'm still in the process of writing this as I am doing snippets here and there whenever I write it. I might update daily or weekly depending on the time I have to write.

Descendants of Heroes

Nyssa Pierre

Over the years, I had been attacked every time I walked home. A certain alleyway, like the one I was recently attacked in, was what I considered a hoarding area of monsters. I don't mean like people who would be “monsters”, I mean real monsters that were popping out of no where, and seemed to be creatures that were from the older stories. Some older than Achilles.

Achilles would name them in Greek and would push me to the back of my mind. He wanted to protect me, but I didn't understand why. But this last time, I was attacked by a creature that was similar to a human, we finally had the conversation we needed to have. About us and where this relationship was going.

Corra hadn't been around in a while, and the attacks were becoming more frequent. After being slashed at by some weird human, I was back in the hospital... Again. It's like a curse that I couldn't ever be out of a hospital.

Nyssa?” I had lost my train of thought again as Achilles voice penetrated my mind. I had been staring out the window the whole time, so he probably guessed I wasn't paying any attention.

“Yes, Achilles?” I heard him sigh again. The same sigh that he had been doing for the past 20 minutes.

You weren't paying attention, were you?” I looked down and apologized. “Nyssa, how much do you really know about me?” I bit my lip and thought carefully. I wasn't really ready for Achilles' memories to come into my mind.

“I remember that you were the Greek hero during the Trojan war. Though, you didn't want to fight for Greece because of your little spat with Agamemnon. You only joined when your comrade... Patroclus died.” Achilles looked down in my mind, seeming more ashamed.

Are you sure you weren't awake Nyssa when all of that happened?” I shrugged. If I had been awake, I didn't remember anything from it. “Continue...

I sighed softly and whispered, “You killed Hector for killing Patroclus and during the siege on Troy, you were killed by Paris, when his arrow was guided to your weak spot by Apollo.”

I saw my hand clench into a fist. I never really thought about it, but there were times when Achilles' emotions seemed to control my body. Like when I flexed my hand, it was Achilles' anger.

“Still mad about something that happened 3,000 years ago?” Achilles' sighed again, making me a bit uneasy about what I was asking.

I'm sorry Nyssa. I guess Apollo has always been the one I've been mad about. That moment when I was hit in the heel, I heard you awaken and take your first breath. I guess, it was a kind of blessing that he did.

I looked down and whispered, “I'm no blessing, Achilles. I'm a serious mess.” Achilles shook his head in my mind.

Nyssa, I consider you to be my greatest descendant and a wonderful person.” I looked down, a bit more embarrassed that a guy in my mind was saying that I was a “wonderful person.”

I looked out the window, thinking how I hadn't seen Cory in a while. There were no flowers that were new in the vase in my room. The room felt a bit more empty without it. Like I when I was first hospitalized, after my parents death.

“Achilles?”

Hmmm...

“Do you have any family that is still alive?” I heard Achilles gulped.

In technical terms, no. My mother, the great goddess Thetis, faded away a couple of thousands of years ago. When people stopped believing in her. Some of her blood courses through your veins.

“So, I have a goddess in me too?” Achilles laughed, but it seemed kind of forced.

Gods no, Nyssa. Well, you have the same blood that courses through me when I was alive.

“Ah. What about your father or children?”

Achilles sighed and whispered, “Father died sometime either when I was really young or when the Trojan war started. I don't really remember.” I stared out the window again, saddened really by the fact that we have both lost family.

“Any children?” Achilles gulped, making me more nervous.

None that I know of. Not after Cassandra.

“Cassandra?” I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to remember her.

The prophetess of Troy. We kidnapped her during the siege. I took her in as a slave... Then asked Paris to flee with her.

I bit my lip and whispered, “Do you know what happened to her?” I felt a tear trickle down the side of my face.

No. I never heard or caught sight of her again.” I wiped the tear off my cheek.

“You'll see her again, Achilles.”

How do you know?” I smiled softly.

“I just know...”