Status: I'm still in the process of writing this as I am doing snippets here and there whenever I write it. I might update daily or weekly depending on the time I have to write.

Descendants of Heroes

Corra Sang

Before Nyssa had called me, I had been sitting at home, alone. There was no one there, no relief for my loneliness. I was nothing but a mere puppet, a pawn in a much bigger game. I hated what I had done, I really did. I wanted to be free, have my own life, but with my deal with Hades, I couldn't.

At the thought of that, I felt I had really hurt myself with the choice I had made 2 years ago. I was trapped with helping Hades until the terrible deed was done, then I would be free.

Hades appeared out of nowhere in front of me.

“You are doing well. Though, you need a better way of covering what you do, so descendants don't know you are the one taking them to the underworld.” Hades' lips turned into an evil sneer. “A small price to pay to stay alive, isn't that right, Corra?” I gulped and looked at Hades, taking a deep breath and biting my lip.

“Yes sir... thank you... I...I'll try harder... and I guess it is.” I had nodded, the color in my eyes shifting around at the thought of what I was doing. I knew that in most people's eyes, I was a monster, but I was doing everything for fear of my life.

I heard my phone, but I stared up at Hades... My master in fear. Hades stared at the ringing device, snatching it up and looking at the name.

“Nyssa Erin Pierre.” He passed the phone to me. “Go ahead and answer. I believe she is one of the descendants, but she's been a bit... off as you call it.”

I watched as he reached into his cloak and pulled out his helm. His Helm of Darkness. He put it on and melted into the shadows, disappearing from view. I couldn't tell if Hades was still there or not. And I had already known that Nyssa was a descendant. Since that one time that the ancestor came out and protected us both.

I had been hiding their presence from Hades for a while now. But, I knew I couldn't keep it up for much longer. Hades was seeing through my defense on them, seeing what they truly were and I was putting them back into the line of fire. There was nothing I could do now, but follow Hades' orders.

I picked up the phone and answered after so long...