Say You'll Always Keep Me

It's All A Blur Last Night

”’ello, you’ve reached Liam. I am busy at the moment, but if you leave a message, I promise to give you a ring. Thank you.” The deafening screech of the untouched answering machine interrupted the overcoming dead air, a grievous grunt escaping Liam James Payne’s chapped lips. “Li, it’s Zayn again.” The profound concern consuming the statement earned a sense of urgency, Liam’s cappuccino eyes fluttered open, attempting to blink away the sleep ridden obscurity. The musician’s dark eyebrows furrowed together in bewilderment, fragments of the previous night’s intoxicated debauchery hidden beneath a pulsing ache permeating through the youth’s head. “The paps are goin’ mad.” The distant shout of his band mates in the background was no surprise to him, yet absolutely no help to the agonizing migraine infecting his skull. “Li, they’ve got video of you leaving Hotel Metro rather sloshed.” Devious profanities ghost over the musician’s lips, accent hoarsely vocalizing his discomfort as the pressure built to fierce levels. The king sized mattress shifted, shuffling sounded as the young man sat up, thick overstuffed cover sliding slowly down his muscular arms and bare chest. “Call me back, yeah?”.

Liam sat at the edge of his king sized mattress; broad shoulders hunched over as his elbows rest leisurely against his knees, bare feet flat against the frigid cherry wood paneled floors, strong hands locking behind his neck as he tried desperately to recollect the previous night’s events. The musician’s heart plummeted to the depths of his stomach the instant he noticed the pressure on his left ring finger. “Oh no.” The denial left his lips in a rough, dry groan; voice hoarse from the countless alcoholic beverages consumed only hours prior. Wrapped securely around his left ring finger was a simple silver band, the humble jewel coursing a frigid fear through his veins. A muffled sob pierced his silent home, startling Liam to the harsh reality caused by one night of drunken mistakes and vulnerability. The young man paced within his Wolverhampton master suite, waves of nausea crashing against his athletic core. He knew if he entered his master bath, this nightmare would be real. He would have to face the mistakes he couldn’t remember making. Suddenly, Zayn’s words brought a sliver of clarity to the situation. Hotel Metro; he clearly recalled accompanying his mates to the hotel, Niall encouraged Liam to consume an alcoholic beverage, after all, he no longer had an excuse both kidneys were fully functional. The hotel housed an elegant chapel. Several drinks later, the night’s events were fuzzy.

“Amber?” A harmonious feminine voice questioned, the whimper in her inquiry caused his heart to clench. Liam knew that symphonic melody anywhere, there was only one person who had been so soft spoken, so innocently appealing, so pure; Katherine.

“Kat?” Liam’s deep voice answered questionably, warm tears blurred the young man’s line of vision, a burning sensation brewing within his flawless nose as he fought desperately to keep what composure his fragile heart could muster. There was no possible way to prepare his vulnerable heart to the emotional reunion with his first love. The day he left her behind, he made the biggest mistake of his lifetime and he regretted it every day. Each time he reminisced in the fairytale relationship he regretted his decision that much more. However, in that instant, as the bathroom door released a strained screech, and Katherine Elizabeth Clarke stood in the doorway; spiraled natural shoulder length chestnut tendrils, voluminous tear-filled milk chocolate hazel eyes, quivering supple beige lips, petite curvy figure clad in his raven long sleeved shirt from the previous night and a pair of lace midnight floral print panties. He couldn’t have regretted his decision any more if he tried. She was unspoiled perfection; Aphrodite in the flesh sent from the heavens to grace the unworthy human a moment of complete serenity.

“L-Liam.” Katherine’s delicate voice whispered in disbelief, a rogue tear glistening as it rolled down her soft porcelain cheek. Milk chocolate hazel irises glimmering with unshed tears. As heart wrenching as her expression may be, even in the midst of anguish she was unmistakably ravishing. However, the helplessness in the young woman’s eyes was unbearable. Self-hatred instantly pulsed through Liam’s system, he despised himself for ever causing the angel any harm; emotional or physical. Somehow, the musician had the unnerving notion that anything that had happened during the previous night was his doing. His fault. The moment the teenagers made eye contact, Liam visibly gulped cappuccino eyes shamefully looking away from the pained angel in guilt.

“It’ll be alright, kitty.” Liam whispered in an effort to comfort the young woman the only way he knew how. He wasn’t entirely sure what had happened but he would make it right. He had to.

“Don't you call me that.” Katherine replied harshly, shaking her head furiously as she glared coldly at the man feet away. “No, no it won’t be because you ruined everything.”

“I-I..” Liam stammered, mouth becoming painfully dry as he fought for the right words to say. He knew she was right, he did ruin everything. Everything with them, everything with her family, everything involving a future. His mother had retold stories of the domino effect his decision set into motion. He was anything but proud, that was for sure. He tried to keep tabs on her when he pushed her away, but rightfully, he didn’t deserve to be involved in her life after what he did. So he did what he had to, he gave up and forced himself to forget.

“Y-you just ruined everything all over a-again.” Katherine whimpered, wrapping herself uneasily in Liam’s oversized shirt.

“I am s-sorry?” Liam whispered, dark eyebrows knit together in confusion. He acknowledged the possibility of such truth, yet, he needed verbal confirmation. A majority of his heart needed to hear what he was afraid to be true.

“I have a boyfriend, Liam.” Katherine whispered sadly, turning her face away as warm tears blurred her line of vision. “He’s so s-sweet, thoughtful, and s-supportive.” The muscle within Liam’s bare chest tightened painfully, he hadn’t the slightest idea that such information could break his heart after years of absence. It broke him almost as he had broken her. “And now,” She released a bitter scoff, shooting the musician a frigid glare. “Now I am married to Liam James Payne of One Direction. The same Liam Payne that had no problem leaving me behind to chase his dreams. The same Liam Payne that promised to love me forever. The same Liam Payne that broke my heart three years ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Katherine's outfit.
Let me know if I should continue this.
Comment, recommend and subscribe. :)