Say You'll Always Keep Me

I Heard You Moved On, From Whispers On The Street

Unpleasant; that was the single word in the human language that could describe the two hour drive from London to Wolverhampton. Katherine spent the expedition wrapped snuggly in Finn’s voluminous coffee sweatshirt with a beige ‘F’ on the torso, distraught milk chocolate hazel irises engrossed with heart shattering scenarios. The young woman’s perfectly crafted button nose buried in the sleeves, inhaling deeply, the tenacious fragrance of his cologne lingering within the cloth. Liam spent the excursion functioning blindly; strong hands gripping the steering wheel in a white knuckled grasp, inattentive cappuccino irises engrossed in memories of the couples’ past. The musician would attempt to speak to his wife, sporadically, when his mind would allow conscious thought, receiving evasive silence in return. At one point, as a Welcome to the City of Wolverhampton sign came into view, he felt a sense of anxiety swell within his athletic chest. Liam would have to visit his parents and explain the intoxicated impropriety; his mother would sob, instantly consuming the youth with guilt and his father would voice his disappointment. This was going to break his heart. A harmonic chime disrupted the overcoming dead air. Katherine shifted in the midnight leather passenger’s seat, fingertips gliding across the screen of her iPhone. Meet me at mine, yeah? xx- Amber. A sequence of clicks pierced the silence, index finger dancing across the smooth smartphone screen as the young woman typed her reply. Just got into town. Be there in 5. xx- Kat. A sequence of chirps pierced the mute cab, Katherine’s dainty manicured hands typing an address into the Mercedes GPS system.

“Your flat?” Liam’s deep voice murmed weakly, inquisitive cappuccino eyes glancing momentarily at the passenger seat.

“No.” Katherine’s delicate voice replied hoarsely from lack of use. “Amber’s. She lives with her boyfriend, Jack and his brother, Finn. My Finn.”

An excessive suffocating tension depleted the prospective aspiration of any civil conversation. Liam’s cinnamon flecked cappuccino irises subconsciously drifted to the passenger seat, a dull ache pulsing through the musician’s chest at the indescribable pain drowning behind his wife’s milk chocolate hazel irises. The musician’s strong hands grip the steering wheel in a white-knuckled grasp; the unyielding compulsion to stroke the palm of his hand against her lengthy silken chestnut ringlets, caress the delicate flesh of the young woman’s cheekbones. Liam yearned to instill a sense of comfort into the girl’s troubled heart, as long as she would allow him to be around, she wasn’t alone. He just wished that he had the courage to let her know that.

Image

Being the gentleman his mother raised, Liam insisted upon carrying his wife’s hefty luggage up the four flights of stairs it took to reach Amber’s apartment. Katherine’s vacant hazel flecked honey irises focused on the auburn thick oak apartment door, subconsciously tracing the bold raven numbers engraved in the tempered wood; 410. Liam watched the beautiful young woman’s delicate tentative movements; the muscles within his lower abdomen tightening as guilt poisoned his veins.

“Would you like me to stay?” Liam’s deep voice inquired above a whisper; the distressed query disturbing the eerily silent corridor. The beautiful young woman’s spiraled shoulder length chestnut tendrils fell in her saddened face, narrow shoulders hunched as she shook her head wordlessly. The musician’s presence would worsen the situation sevenfold. “If you need anything.” The singer murmured, calloused fingertips brushing against the palm of her delicate hand. “Ring me, yeah?”

“Sure.” Katherine replied in a detached dismissal. Butterfly wings fluttering against the innermost depths of the couple’s stomachs at the electrified contact. The electromagnetic euphoria violently dispersed as Katherine withdrew her hand from the affectionate gesture. Liam placed his wife’s luggage on the ground with a muted thud, backing away from the young woman without another word. Katherine glanced over her narrow shoulder, catching sight of Liam’s navy blue sweater as he descended the stairs.

“Liam.” The delicate acknowledgement held a sense of gratitude. “Thank you.” Liam’s enthralling cappuccino irises made contact with voluminous stunning flecked milk chocolate eyes. The musician nodded his head politely, a handsome smirk creeping across his charming features.

“Eliza?” A deep voice questioned optimistically; as the mysterious query echoed through the abandoned hall, Liam’s athletic frame stopped all movement. Against his better judgment, the musician soundlessly crept up the stairs in hopes of catching a glimpse of Katherine’s boyfriend. He could instantly spot the source of physical attraction; Finn possessed all the makings of an Abercrombie and Fitch model. Finn’s athletic frame stood about five feet eleven inches, medium length light brown hair shaved above his ears, voluminous chartreuse eyes, a flawlessly crafted nose, adequate peach lips framing straight pearly white teeth and a modelesque facial structure. Liam instantly felt self-conscious, a disgruntled frown creeping across his beige lips. How was he meant to compete with that?

“Hi Finny.” Katherine’s melodious voice greeted sweetly. Liam visibly cringed as Finn wrapped his lean muscular arms around his girlfriend’s petite frame, capturing the young woman’s fuchsia glossed pout in an affectionate kiss.

“Can I help you, mate?” A deep voice questioned, startling Liam from the sickening display of affection. The musician’s clueless cappuccino irises widened in shock, the polite young man shared the exact same physical appearance with Katherine’s boyfriend. There were subtle differences, but there was no questioning the resemblance. Twins, Liam thought as he shook his head.

“Ignore the bloody arsehole.” Amber’s raspy voice stated maliciously; the blonde stood behind her boyfriend with a brown paper bag filled to the brim with groceries.

“Who is he, babe?” Jack questioned, chartreuse irises glancing between his girlfriend and the familiar stranger.

“Liam Payne.” The musician replied politely, strong hand extended to the handsome young man.

“Jack Harries.” The brunette nodded, firmly shaking the stranger’s hand. Amber’s salmon glossed lips released a disgruntled scoff, callous cobalt irises glaring at the young man beside her. She nudged Jack’s lean arm, shoving the brown paper bag against his athletic chest. “I am sorry.” Jack whispered acknowledging the suffocating tension lingering within the group, pouting childishly at his girlfriend.

“Piss off.” She giggled, shaking her head at her boyfriend’s adorable gesture. He was the only man that had the knee-buckling effect on the rough demeanor that so many others couldn’t handle. Amber was a strong independent woman; protective of those she loves, opinionated, stubborn and determined. Jack found all of her qualities, no matter how emotionally tiring, entirely endearing. “Have Finn start supper, yeah?” She whispered sweetly, demeanor softening as he puckered his lips for a kiss. Amber pressed a chaste kiss to his warm pout; Jack grinned in an obnoxious fashion before jogging up the steps.

“Look.” Amber’s cobalt irises hardened as she glared at Liam. “I know about the martyr act Kat’s pulling. I can’t change her mind but you don’t need to be hanging around. It’s going to be hard enough for them, dealing with this mistake without you confusing her and upsetting Finn.”

“I am not hanging around.” Liam murmured, avoiding eye contact.

“No you’re not.” Amber warned, narrowing her sapphire cobalt eyes at the singer. “I won’t let you break them up. They’re perfect together. He’s everything she needs. Everything you weren’t and never will be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Jack is on the left and Finn is on the right.
If you don't know who they are look 'em up on YouTube. [search: Jacksgap]
They're purdy! AND funny. :D
I love them both but Finny is my favorite twin. :D
So more Finny!
Image
Image
Image