Status: This is not your normal romance

No Matter What

the real me

"kat! kat! we no have milky gan' " manny yelled.
it was saturday.
i sighed and shut my book.
"okay. put your coats on." i say. i pull my hair up into a pony tail and ditch my sleep shorts and put jeans on.
"do we need to change?" tony asks.
i look at tony. he wore batman pajama pants and a batman t shirt. then i look at manny. he wore superman footsie pajamas.
i shook my head "no you look fine."
you the hell is gonna blame a five and a nine year old for wearing pajamas on a winter day?
i go into my room and pull out a wad of my tip money from my underwear drawer and put it in my pocket.
the boys and i walk to the mini mart. one on each side of me holding my hand.
we walk into the mini mart and they both take off together probably to look at the candy. i roll my eyes.
i walk to the very familiar section and grab the milk.
i hear a voice clear their throat behind me.
i turn around and see liam and i notice deuce in the background.
"can i help you with something?" i ask politely even though i want to slap him across the face.
"whatcha doin' here?" liam asks.
i shrug when manny comes crying and running. he throws himself at me and hugs my legs and forces his head between my knees.
he is sobbing uncontrollably and i dont understand anything he is saying.
"whats wrong?" i bend down and pick him up. he jams his head into my neck and i look around to find tony
he is walking towards me looking spooked. he walks into my side and pulls on my coat.
i look down at him. and he is frowning.
"what?" i ask.
"whos this?" liam asks.
damn him. i forgot he was here.
"these are my brothers." i say clipped and walked to the front of the store and pay for the milk.
"whats wrong tony?" i ask quietly while manny is still in my arms now sobbing quietly.
"someone said we should have been home. and the person who is at home payed the price for you not being there." tony said quietly. his eyes surveyed the store.
i stiffen. "who was it?" i ask looking around.
tony shrugs "he is not here anymore."
"well what did he look like?" i say still looking around
"i dont know.... we didnt see his face. he was turned toward the magazines." tony says.
i sigh.
"here you go miss." the cashier gives us the bag and tony grabs it and we walk outside and run straight into liam.
"damn it liam." i say out loud.
he runs his hand through his hair. "can i drive you home?"
"yes!" tony says.
i give him a look.
"please kat. i dont feel good!" tony says.
i feel bad. "okay." i give in and liam nodds and we walk to his car he opens the door for tony and me and manny who is still and my arms and he drives us home.