Over Again

Miracles Can Come From Mistakes and Love

~~~Months Later ~~~
**Marie's POV**

I had been living in Glasgow for several months now. I was heavily pregnant and the bump on my stomach was extremely prominent. I had moved into my apartment and was living happily there. I had made several friends but only one who I trusted enough and did everything with. He, too, was nineteen. We met at our work, which was working in a hair salon in the city. It was a good pay considering I still had about one and a half thousand pounds still left in my bank and was constantly being topped up with my earnings.

Danny, my friend, and I were walking through the crowded city centre and settled in Costa for a quick coffee to escape the hype. It would have seemed that many others had shared the same idea, but after finding a secluded table in the corner of the shop, Danny went and ordered our coffees and waited at the counter for them to be made. He returned and handed me my cup.

"Thanks," I smiled. I sipped the hot coffee but almost spat it out when I felt the baby kick and leave my stomach in a lot of pain.

"The baby again?" He asked, his thick Scottish accent sounding as he peered over the top of his mug.

"Aye," I nodded. Yes, before I had moved to Glasgow, I could do a convincing accent, but after living there for about eight months, I had started to involuntarily adopt the accent and speech patterns.

"You never did tell me how it all happened and why you suddenly moved here, lass," Danny noted, placing his coffee down and clasping his hands together.

"It's a long story and you wouldn't believe me if I did tell you," I sighed.

"Of course I'd believe you! Anyway, I have a lot of time on my hands," he winked. I sighed and shook my head.

"You want to hear it all? From the very beginning?"

"Aye."

"I canny believe you!" I chuckled. He raised an eyebrow. I took a breath and began my tale.

"You've heard of the band One Direction, I'm sure?"

"Aye, who hasn't?"

"Well, the curly one, Harry Styles and I became friends a couple of years ago, when he was on the X Factor. We tried a relationship but it just crumbled because of press and hate, so we called it off." I began but after those few sentences, Danny was already cutting across me.

"You've dated Harry Styles? Do you have any idea how many girls would want to be in your shoes?" He hissed.

"Keep your voice down, will you? And yes, but let me finish!" I told him off and he nodded and sipped from his cup, interested. "So we just stayed friends for a long time. I got a new boyfriend who was an utter twat, and he... He broke my heart.

"I went to Harry telling him about everything, and he got really upset. He ran out in the pouring rain to go after him, and I had to run after him to stop him. I asked him why he cared, and it turned out he still loved me. I realised I still loved him, too. We decided to get back together. We were together for a while. We were together for so long.... We moved in with each other and had... Such an amazing time..."

I closed my eyes and sighed, my heart aching. I yearned for those moments back in my grasp, because I missed the way things used to be. I missed Harry so much though I would never have admitted it.

"So yeah. But then there were press problems as there would be with a growing star who has a solid fan base all over the world. Press attention made it as though Harry was having an affair and some text messages...I didn't know who to trust or what to do. It's all a bit of a blur now, all I can really remember is tears and heart ache," I falsely giggled a little, trying to hide pain. "As cheesy as it sounds... But still. Um, Harry and I stayed friends because we didn't want to ruin anything.

"I got offered a job as the boys pianist for their new tour. I accepted it because I could go with them and still be their friend. I sat next to Niall on the plane and we kind of hit it off. I'd never really spent that much time with him. I thought he was a friend but I didn't know him all that well. We talked and laughed the ride there. I kind of developed a thing for him. He developed a thing for me. We went on a few dates and we got together. There were many times where I just completely forgot about anything Harry and I had, because I loved Niall so much, as stupid as it sounds."

I took another sigh and realised just how much I missed Niall, too.

"So after a few weeks, Niall had to go back to Mullingar, so the tour was kind of on hold for a week. The boys and I saw Niall off at the airport. Liam told me that they were all going on a night out. I said I'd go with them and I got ready. Liam, Harry, Louis, Zayn, Perrie, Danielle, Eleanor and I all went out. I got absolutely shit-faced."

Danny giggled, imagining what I'd be like so drunk. I raised an eyebrow and he was immediately silenced.

"Harry and I started dancing a little dirtily on the dance floor. He kissed my neck. I told him to stop but it I was too drunk. I lead him on...though I couldn't have regretted it more. He took me back to the hotel. We went back to his room. We.... Did things... And, um, well..."

I pointed out the baby bump. Danny's jaw dropped.

"Harry Styles is the father to your baby?" He asked, wide eyes.

"Ssh! Aye, but like I said before, stay quiet. I don't want people thinking I'm delusional or anything," I tried to hush him.

"So what bought you to Glasgow? I'm guessing that you've never lived here before then?"

I dropped my Scottish accent. "No." Danny's jaw dropped even further if that was possible at the sound of my thick British one. I had known him for several months, but I had always pretended to be someone else.

"Louis found out and was furious. Niall phoned when we were all in my hotel room, kind of arguing and trying to sort things out. I picked up the phone and told Niall that I had to tell him something that was important. He said he was coming back early - the next day. Louis and Harry left and I thought that I'd better go. I couldn't stay with Niall carrying Harry's baby and a huge guilt in my stomach. I couldn't break up with Niall and just stay a pregnant pianist and stay around both of the boys, because what I realised the morning after I slept with Harry was that I still loved him so much. I loved Niall but there was something about Harry .... I think it must've been our history. I loved Harry.

"The next morning, I handed in my resignation to their tour manager. I made sure all of my cases were packed. I hid them away in my room as Harry called on me. He asked me what the plan was that was so worrying him. He said whatever I was doing, to take the three hundred pounds from his wallet for the baby. I had booked a flight here and bought myself an apartment here the night before. Harry kissed me and.... It felt so right.... Something I wanted more of... But Niall arrived and he left my room. Minutes later, Niall arrived. I told him about the baby and he fled from the room to go and find Harry no doubt. He left me shouting his name in the corridor as he ran away. I grabbed my bags and left for the airport.

"Once I'd landed and arrived in my apartment, I found about a hundred missed calls and texts from Harry and Niall... The week that followed consisted of so many calls and texts that I turned off my phone and changed my number. I haven't contacted any of them in so long... Every time their names are mentioned on the tv or radio, or I hear their songs... I die..."

I trailed off, leaving Danny in awe. He opened and closed his mouth to talk but failed. Finally, he managed to talk.

"Which one do you love?" He asked.

I looked at him sadly in the eyes. "Niall is the most lovely man I have ever met but my heart lies with Harry," I whispered.

"So you still love him?"

"Honestly? Aye, but now I'm just one of millions," I sighed, sipping my coffee that was rapidly cooling down.

"You never thought he might love you back?"

"Why would he? I'm just a girl he had a fling with, accidentally knocked up when she was seeing one of his best mates and then ran away! He wouldn't love me back," I drank the remains of my coffee and set the cup down. Danny mimicked my actions.

"What about when the kid needs a dad? You're going to have to tell the lad or lass about their dad sooner or later."

"I'm hoping it'll be much later."

"In the grumpy teen years? Good luck with that..."

"What are the chances of me ever seeing him again? For all the kid'll know, you could be its dad until it gets to about seven. Then I'll worry about it."

"I bet you still have that Harry's number..."

"Aye, his old one. I'll bet anything he's had to change it. When I knew him, he had to change it once every three or four months."

"Ah... Oh well. Come on... Let's get going and find our way through that crowd... Why is it so packed out there today? It's a Wednesday.... Not a holiday... What the hell s goin' on?"

We walked into the huge shopping centre to see hundreds of people on the floor and on the balconies, all shouting to one raised platform...

"Danny.... It's him.... Danny, it's him! Harry!"

"What?"

I pointed to the raised platform and his jaw dropped when he saw five boys, one of which had vibrant curls, smiling at many of the hysterical girls who were getting things signed. I clenched my stomach when the baby inside of me made my stomach clench again, only harder this time, as it kicked. I clung onto Danny's arm and screwed my face up in pain.

"That's gonna be a bonny lad or lass if its causing you that much pain just by kickin'," he announced, supporting me.

"Thanks for that, Danny," I sighed sarcastically.

We tried to find a shop or somewhere to sit until the mayhem died down. We settled on a little cafe in the shopping centre. It was hard for us to leave for hours and hours. We sat eating sandwiches, crisps and, what I had been craving the entire pregnancy, chocolate. I shouldn't really have eaten much of it, as it was one of the foods I should have avoided, but I just felt as though I needed it.

Danny looked out the window and looked relieved.

"It seems as if we can get going now. We can go and look in a few shops without having to force past some hysterical teens over that band," he helped me stand and we left the shop. "Little do they know that you're carrying baby Styles."

"Shut up, Danny!"

We made our way out to the balcony.

"Well come on, they're all like "Oh my God, it's Harry Styles!" And you're just there like "well I've fucked him, so be jealous, bitches"," he put on a high pitched voice for the fans and a weird American -British accent for me.

I giggled hysterically and had to hold on to the side bar to support myself. Another kick came from the baby and my laughter soon ceased. He held my waist to try and support me and smiled at my reaction.

"I canny believe you!" I said, catching my breath before starting to laugh again.

We were about to get an escalator back to the ground floor when I realised what Danny was doing. There were only about five fans left to be signed, which meant that we would see the boys. I stopped in my tracks and stared at Danny.

"No," I stated bluntly.

"No what?" He asked, pretending as though he never knew a thing.

"I know what you're playing at, Danny!" I hissed, motioning the escalator I was about a metre away from and he was about three inches apart from it.

"How else do you expect to get off of this floor?"

"That's not what you're doing! You're trying to get me to see him!"

"No I'm not!"

"Danny, I can tell when you're lying," I scorned.

"Right, fine, you don't have to talk to him. But we do need to get out of here, don't we?"

I reluctantly nodded and stepped I to the escalator with him, riding down to the ground floor. I pulled out my phone and kept my face down. Danny was walking by my side before he pulled at my arm. We swerved.

"Wait!" He shouted. He ran over to the boys, tugging at my arm.

"What the hell are you playing at? Danny! Stop it!"

I pulled free of him and turned around, waiting at the bottom of the platform with my head hunched over my phone, pretending to be texting.

"Hi," came a familiar Irish accent that sounded pleasant but tired.

"I was wondering if you could sign this for my sister? She's thirteen and loves you guys," I heard Danny say.

"Sure. Is that your sister over there?" Came a slow Cheshire voice. I tensed up.

"No... That's my friend, Marie," Danny replied. .... Motherfucker... Was my initial thought.

"Sure mate hand over what you want us to sign," Liam said cheerfully.

"We used to know a girl called Marie," came Harry's voice, I heard Niall sigh.

"She'd have had the baby now, wouldn't she?" Zayn asked.

"Don't know," Harry said.

My baby kicked again only the pain seemed lower down. I clutched my stomach and leant against the wall, still facing the other way.

"That's funny, my Marie's expecting a baby, too," Danny grinned. He was going to pay for this.

"Is she okay?" Louis asked. Obviously he'd seen me.

"Umm..." Danny rushed over to me and took my hands. "Marie, are you alright?"

"I canny believe you're doing this! You are going to pay for this so much! The nerve!"

"Marie, are you okay?" He repeated.

"I'm fine, the kicks are just getting stronger. It's-"

"Here's your signed stuff," came a Cheshire accent. I looked up, wild eyed and in shock. His large, strong hands dropped the poster to the floor that was to be given to Danny's imaginary sister. His perfect jaw dropped and his dimples were hardly visible but nevertheless they were there.

"Marie?" he gasped. I swallowed and looked into his perfect green eyes before nodding.

"Aye," I coughed and shook my head. "I mean... Yes."

"You-you've not had the baby yet then?"

"No."

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know."

"When are you expecting it?"

"Soon, I guess."

"Do you need any help?"

"No thanks, Harry. I have Danny for that."

He took my hand and helped me stand away from the wall. I noticed that Danny had drawn back but that didn't bother me as I stared into Harry's perfect green orbs. He stared right back into mine. He held my hands in his and tears began brimming in my eyes. Before I knew it, I was in tears, with Harry's arms wrapped around me and my head in his chest. He had begun to cry, too.

"I've missed you so much... Why haven't you returned any of my texts or calls? Why didn't you tell anybody about where you were?"

"I was scared! I wanted a new life without the guilt of my old one!" I sobbed.

"But what about when the baby needed a dad?" He asked, clearly hurt.

"I thought I could do it on my own," I admitted.

"Why? I would've been so eager to help!"

"Why? Why would you be so eager? I thought you and Niall would hate me. I thought you all would."

"I could never hate you!"

"Why?"

"Because I love you," he whispered, looking down at me, tearful eye to tearful eye. "I just have one question."

"What is it?" I asked. Our foreheads were pressed together, our hands entwined.

"Do you still love me?"

"I never stopped," I admitted.

A beam appeared across Harry's face. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me with as much love and passion as what he did all that time ago.

**Harry's POV**

I had missed the taste of her lips on mine. The silk softness of them. Her tears on her cheeks tickling my skin, I smiled into the kiss as I hugged her tighter. Eight months ago was the last time I held her in my arms, and she was so scared. I treasured the feeling.

She suddenly gasped and fell back against the wall again, clutching her stomach.

"Danny!" She screamed. Her friend came running and held her hand. "I don't think these are kicks," she said in an urgent hushed voice.

"What else could they be?" He asked, bemused.

"Didn't you take a child development course in high school?" She gasped in pain. He still looked confused as anything. I gasped in realisation.

"Contractions," just as the words came out of my mouth, she groaned in pain. I ran to her side to help her stand.

"I have to get to a hospital before my waters break," she gasped.

"It'll be a while yet," Niall had appeared over my shoulder to help her.

"Hello, Niall," she smiled in pain.

"Hi," he smiled. I could see the sadness behind each of their eyes but another contraction took over her.

"I'll go and call an ambulance. Hang in there, Princess," Niall said, patting her hand and running to get his phone.

I held her hand and she squeezed incredibly tightly when another contraction came. She flipped her head back and closed her eyes.

"Come on, darling, breathe with me," I begged. I started doing some deep breaths and she mimicked my actions. She looked into my eyes and I could see just how terrified she was. The pain for her must've been unimaginable.

"Harry, I'm scared!" She panted after another contraction.

"I know, baby, but come on. You can do it. Just hang in there. Niall's gone to get an ambulance... Everything's going to be fine... Keep breathing... Come on darling..."

"Harry!" She screamed in pain. I smirked, remembering the last time she screamed out my name.

"It's not funny! It hurts!" She whined. I carried on smirking. "What the hell is so funny?"

"I remember the last time you screamed out my name," I winked. She giggled a little and then stopped when it hurt.

"Shut up, Harry, that's what got us in this mess," she said, trying to calm herself.

"You liked it though," I poked her lightly. I was trying to take her mind off it but the baby just wanted to get out.

"Harry, now seriously isn't the time!" She groaned.

"Maybe in a month?" I whispered in her ear.

"What makes you think that everything is suddenly perfect now that you've found me? What makes you think I'm leaving Glasgow or that you're staying here?"

"Well, I just thought that-"

"I don't think I can do it, Harry," she bit her lip and tears formed in her eyes, but I could tell this was a different kind of pain.

"But what about-"

"The baby and I will be fine. I have a flat. I have money. I have a job. I'm stable."

I clasped both of her hands in mine and looked deeply into her deep brown, beautiful eyes.

"I'm going to look after you. I'm going to look after the baby. I'm always going to be here for you," I persisted.

"She's over here," came Niall's Irish accent. The ambulance had arrived and he was showing them to Marie. They came over to her and pushed me away.

"Hello, sweetie," said one of the paramedics. She helped Marie stand. "We're going to take you to the hospital so you can have this baby. How long have these contractions been going on for?"

"I guess the past few days? I've just mistaken them for kicks. They've got more painful and more frequent... Especially the last few hours," she was trying to stop herself from shouting out in pain.

"Well, lets get you to the hospital... Before your waters break. Is the baby's daddy here?" She asked. Marie flashed me a dangerous look before groaning in pain.

"I'm here," I announced, stepping forward.

"You? But- oh never mind. Lets just get you out of here... Come on, honey."

The paramedics helped Marie into the ambulance and gave her gas and air. They allowed me to go in there with her. I held her hand.

"I'm going to kill you," she panted.

"You can't do this on your own," I soothed.

"I had Danny," she glared.

"It's not Danny's baby. We'll do it. I promise I'll be here for you all the way," I stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Why do I trust you?"

"Because I love you. And you love me."

"But after all we've been through-"

"All the more reason for you to trust me."

"Harry..."

"Yeah?"

"I think my waters are breaking!" She exclaimed. The paramedic who had been in the corner of the van sorting something came over. There was a warm watery feeling on the bottom of my jeans. I looked down and saw my leg saturated and I stared at Marie's dress which was also soaked.

"Uhm... That's.... Nice..." I was sort of disgusted, but under the circumstances, I didn't care. Marie began to laugh again but she was soon in pain again and stopped.

"You're now covered in my amniotic fluids," she tried to joke.

"You can't say I don't love you after what I've been through for you," I chuckled.

"Oh, shut it Harry," she panted.

We made it to the hospital. We were all made to change into hospital gowns. Doctors and midwives fled around Marie.

"Nine centimetres dilated... She'll have to deliver soon," one doctor announced. I rushed over to Marie and took her hand.

"They're saying you're going to have to deliver soon... Just think... You're going to be a mummy soon! And I'll be a daddy," I encouraged her, trying to calm her.

"Harry... I'm scared..." She whispered. "They can't give me any pain relief because its too late on... I can only have gas and air..."

"You squeeze my hand as tightly as you can and you scream and shout at me as much as you want."

"Ten centimetres.... Marie... You're going to have to start pushing now, okay?" Came a doctors voice. I didn't look at him because I was too intent on watching fear grow on Marie's face.

"Sir? Would you like to watch your baby be born?" Asked a midwife. I nodded and moved to the bottom of the bed.

Marie pushed and screamed. The doctors encouraged her. I tried, but I was too fearful for Marie.

"Is that?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yup, that's it's head," smiled a doctor.

"Oh, Marie, we can see it! We can see the baby! Come on, you incredible woman!" I cheered. She screamed and squeezed my hand again as she pushed. The baby was becoming more and more visible. "That's it, Marie! Come on!"

"Harry.... With all due respect... Shut the fuck up... It feels like I'm pushing out a football!"

I laughed and gave her hand an encouraging squeeze.

"One last push!" Announced a midwife.

The next few seconds were a blur. I was pushed aside. I sat at the top of the bed with Marie as she fell back and panted in relief. I squeezed her hand. I leaned over her and whispered into her ear;

"You did it... You're amazing... You did it," I kissed her temple and she gave me a weak smile as she looked back at me.

"Would you like to see your beautiful baby boy?"

Marie was handed the most beautiful bundle I had ever seen in my entire life. She was tender with it and kissed his fragile forehead.

"What'll his name be?" I asked.

"James," she replied, smiling down at the little miracle.

"Marie, I want to ask you something," I said. I took a deep breath and looked into her perfect eyes. I was taking the biggest risk of my life here, but I didn't care. "You don't need to answer me now, but just consider.... Would you make me the happiest man alive and become my wife?"

Her eyes widened and she opened and closed her mouth a few times.

"Don't answer me now. It's just a question."

"Would you like to hold him?" She finally said.

"You sure?"

She nodded and held the baby out for me to hold. I took him protectively in my arms and stared down at him. It just made me realise what miracles could come from mistakes and love.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this update took a little longer than expected but oh we'll, here it is :) a nice long chapter. Please leave comments. I'm getting quite a few readers but I have 4 comments :/ I'd love to know what more of you think and thank you to those who have commented. Thanks Cupcakes :) xx

BY THE WAY this story is not over... There's more to come ;)