Over Again

Taking Flight

**Marie's POV**

Rehearsals? Check. Everything packed? Check. UK tour over?Check. Butterflies? Check.

We stood at the airport with our luggage waiting to board the plane for the US tour now that the three weeks of touring the UK was over. Harry and I were still friends and intended to keep it that way, as it had been about five weeks since we called it off and I finally felt as though I was getting over him. I stood texting my family while Zayn bade his goodbyes to Perrie, Louis to Eleanor and Harry and Niall played with Lux. Liam had gone to the toilet as far as I knew. We were soon enough allowed to get on the plane and sat in first class.

I took my seat and relaxed into it. I pulled out my phone, inserted the ear plugs and pressed shuffle. Maroon 5- One More Night played. I nodded, satisfied at the song choice. I closed my eyes. Minutes later, I felt someone sit next to me. It was a long flight and I intended to sleep... Oh, please, whoever it is, please don't snore! I thought. I opened my eyes and saw Niall. I sighed relief as I knew Niall wasn't a bad one for snoring.

"Hey, Marie," he smiled.

"Hiya, Nialler," I smiled back. He chuckled and pulled out his own phone. I lay back again and closed my eyes until Niall tapped my shoulder.

'Yeah?"

"Um... I don't mean to be nosy, but, like, what is the deal with you and Harry?"

"We're just friends. We've decided that we've tried to be together, but it's failed twice, so we just called it off. We're better off as friends anyway," I explained.

"You were good together," he stated lightly.

"Yeah? Well, nothing's changed really. Just no snogging and no lovey dovey stuff."

"So you're still as close as anything could be then?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Good. You're a good friend. If you and Harry weren't friends, then us four wouldn't see as much of you. It'd be a shame."

I blushed. Niall hadn't ever said anything like that to me before.

"Thanks," I smiled. I realised the song had stopped and another had begun. It took me a while to realise what it was. When I did, I was in fits of giggles.

"What's wrong with you?" Niall asked, smirking at my laugh.

"Let's get ready to rumble! Get ready, get ready, get steady, and lets get ready to rumble!" I jokingly sang along. "Oh my God, how I miss 'PJ and Duncan!"

"Wasn't that Ant and Dec?" He questioned.

"Yeah! I actually love this song!" I laughed. I passed Niall an earplug and he laughed along.

We ended up putting it on repeat until Niall could rap the whole thing. We had been airborne for a while now, and I was getting quite tired. All that laughing with Niall was actually tiring me out. I sighed.

"Right," I announced. "I'm tired. G'night Niall!"

"Night Marie," bade Niall. He sighed, catching his breath and passed me my earplug. I lay back and closed my eyes, drifting into a lovely sleep.

**Niall's POV**

Marie had been asleep for a few hours now. I had too, until I woke up. I rubbed my eyes and wondered why I had woken up. Instead of sitting doing nothing, I got up to go to the aeroplane's toilet. Someone was already in there. The door opened and Harry stood there.

"Oh, sorry Niall. You been waiting long?" He asked.

"Nah, mate. Only just got here," I yawned.

"All right then. How's Marie?"

"Fast asleep," I assured.

"Good. Right, see you later," he said, patting my shoulder and walking back to his seat, which was about three rows behind us.

I went into the toilet and thought for a second. Had Harry been crying? It wasn't like him to cry. I looked in the mirror and saw I looked as if I could have been crying, and I was just tired. Harry's voice was stable, too. Yeah, he was tired. I did my business and returned to my seat. There was only a few more hours left of the flight.

I took my seat and saw Marie had changed position. She looked cute.... Wait... I just thought she was cute.... Well, she was! Her long, dark hair shaped her face and her heavy eyelids had drooped over her chocolate button eyes. Her skin was pale with peachy cheeks and her nose slightly scrunched up. Her hands were near her face and her knees were drawn into her as she leaned slightly to the side. She looked comfortable. Her oversized jumper and skinny jeans wrapped around her and her jumper fell almost like a blanket. Yeah... I thought she was cute....

She had a cracking personality. Funny, intelligent, a great laugh.... How could Harry have let her go? Could I have feelings for her? No.... But then again, I've always thought she was lovely... Oh, Niall, you are stupid. You've fallen for your best mates best mate and ex girlfriend! Jesus Christ....

An hour or so later, Marie stirred, stretched an yawned. Aw, she looked like a little kitten.

"Hey," she croaked in her morning voice is never really heard before.

"All right?"

She nodded.

"You sleep well?" She asked.

"Yeah, all right. I woke up about an hour ago."

"Oh, I didn't wake you, did I?" She asked, worriedly.

"No, I don't know why I woke up," I wafted the idea of her waking me up away. She smiled relief.

"Good."

"Marie, I was just wondering, I had a nice time last night, talking to you and all, how would you like to come to dinner with me one night when we land?" I offered. I wasn't thinking... I didn't think that through! I couldn't take it back now....

Surprisingly, a smile broke out across her face. Unexpected, but great! Maybe I have a chance...

"All right, then. Why not? Could be fun," she winked. Yes! I thought.

"Wicked!" I was relieved. I was worried that she would say no, but she didn't great! Now I just looked forward to landing.

**Harry's POV**

I heard faint, mumbling voices as I woke up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I soon realised that it was from Marie and Niall, about three rows in front of Louis and I. I wondered what they were talking about...

My bladder called again. I only went to the toilet a couple of hours ago! Oh well, off I go!

I stood from my seat and made my way to the toilet. My stomach rumbled a little. I was thinking of what I should eat once we landed, but my train of thought was interrupted...

"...come to dinner one night with me when we land?"

My stomach tied and clenched. I felt physically sick. I slid into an empty seat just behind them and listened carefully.

"All right, then. Why not? Could be fun!" Was Marie's reply.

Marie and Niall? Going on a date? But Marie was mine...?

No, Harry. Remember? We called it off again. We were jut friends and intended to keep it that way. Obviously, Marie had found it easier to move on than I had, but I should be happy for her. It was a good thing.

Silently, I slid out of the seat and made my way to the bathroom.

"Hello, Harry!" Came a bright voice that was still fairly hoarse. Marie. Shit, they saw me. I turned and smiled.

"Hi! Didn't know you two were awake," I lied.

"Didn't know you were, either," she smiled.

"Just going to the loo. Don't know why I need it so much lately," I stated.

"All right. See you in a bit, Harry," Marie waved. I waved back and went into the toilet. But I suddenly didn't need it anymore. My whole world was falling apart... I'd lost Marie and all hope of ever getting her back... I didn't think I did have any hope I getting her back, but obviously, there was that small part of me that truly believed I could be with her again. No. No chance. Not anymore.

Before I knew anything, I was crying again, just like I had earlier that flight. I missed her. I wanted to hug her and kiss her... No, that'd be Niall's job now... I hated myself. Why was I such an idiot? Why did I let he go? You're a disgrace, Harry. The best thing that has ever happened to you has slipped through your fingers and found something better. Well done. Nice one, mate.
♠ ♠ ♠
So who do you guys like more as a ship? Narie (Niall and Marie) or Marry (Marie and Harry)? Please comment, cupcakes! Love ya ;) xx