Monstrosity

Katia

Music boomed from the old mansion as Katia made her way inside. She used to be a part of the crowd that had gathered, but time had changed her. Instead, she was just another party crasher looking for a drink. Eyes fell on her leather coat and ripped fishnets with distaste as she made her way through the main room to the kitchen where a keg sat.

All the usual suspects were there. Derek and Megan were off near the back of the kitchen; Derek with a camera in hand while Megan talked to the lens. The two had been that way for years and Katia doubted it would change. Liv was smoking at a window, a drink in hand. Diana was walking out of the room.

Shaking her head, Katia took her cup of beer and started down the hall. As she passed by the closed doors, she noticed Charles at the end of the hallway. In school everyone had thought he was a nutcase, mainly because he was kicked out. Katia walked by the boy as his eyes fell on her; a shiver ran up her spine. It was like he knew something that she didn’t.

Quickening her pace, Katia left the hall and found a room further into the mansion. A large old bear skin rug was beneath a ceiling fan. There were dents in the fur telling her that furniture had been placed on the creepy decoration, but recently moved. As she squinted at the floor, she wondered why anyone would move furniture in this place. It would be time consuming and tedious. After a sip of her drink she walked over to an old table near some bookshelves, the dark woods matching perfectly, and set her red plastic cup down.

Her eyes scanned the shelves looking for a familiar title, but couldn’t find one. Sighing, she gave up and picked up her drink to gulp it down. As the cup emptied, she heard the door to the room close. As she looked up, the lights went out and the only shred of illumination came through the window, but the intruder was covered by shadows.

“Hello?”

Silence was the only response she got as she stepped towards where she believed the door to be. There was no movement and for a moment she thought someone may have turned the lights off before the door shut, but she knew that wasn’t the case.

“Is someone there?”

As she took another step, a hand clamped over her mouth causing her to drop her drink. Her eyes flew open wider than they had ever been in her life and for a moment she wondered if she was going to die. The intruder twisted her body until she fell and hit her head on the small table, the force enough to tear at her scalp and knock her out.

Stirring as she felt her limbs being tied, Katia couldn’t remember where she was, but she knew something was very wrong. A few groans escaped her lips as the back of her head pounded from the wound, she tried to reach for it, but her hands were trapped behind her back. Her mouth opened to scream, but a hand caught her.

“Shhh,” the dark figure said, the sound echoing through the dark like the squeal of a bat.

Shaking, she felt the knife being dragged across her skin towards the neckline of her low cut shirt. The cold metal caused her to shiver as tears well in her eyes. She was going to die. She was sure of it now.

Suddenly the figure backed away, maybe Katia had been wrong. Maybe it was all a horrible prank for her crashing. Then she felt the ropes tighten around her limbs and her body was beginning to hover above the floor. A scream ripped through her throat as her shoulders popped out of place having been cranked back so far. Once she was four feet off the ground the intruder came back to her chest with the knife. A gloved hand took hold of her jaw.

“I’m going to enjoy this,” the figure stated, the voice muffled so that Katia couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman.

As the figure laughed she felt the knife dig into her flesh and the heated blood begin to spill from her. Her screams pierced through the night, but were drowned out by the music. It wasn’t long before she passed out from the pain and blood loss, but her last thoughts had been of how gruesome it would be for someone to find her dead above a blood cover bearskin rug.

Image


A giggly blond and her friend made their way down the hall hours after Katia’s arrival. Opening the door they were surprised to find the dark room, but the blond simply flipped the switch and screamed at the sight. A girl with dark hair was strung up on the ceiling fan, blood and intestines decorating the rug beneath her. She had been gutted. All the girls could do was scream until a large crowd had gathered at the doorway revealing the horror that had occurred. The biggest worry that spread through the crowd was that somewhere among them was a killer.