Monstrosity

Finale

Liv had been killed and now Felicity was almost certain about who the killer was. She didn't know how she was going to confront them, but the death of Charles was still lingering in her mind so she wanted to face them head on and see whether grieve for family beats the strength that this killer clearly had. But she knew that she had to go back to the scene of the first crime: the old mansion.

Before she could do such a thing, she had to plan out what was going to happen after then and for her, it wasn't a simple affair because she wasn't going to be messing up and revealing herself to the police should something happen to the killer, especially not after the way they treated Charles when it came to the handiwork of the killer itself.

The night before her plan was set to go into action, she got more than she bargained for in her own bedroom. The room was fairly big and Felicity was up to add the final detail into her plan when a noise startled her and she grabbed the knife that sat on the desk and switched the light off. It hadn't been her window but rather the window beneath her one which gave her the impression that someone was attempting to climb up the side of the house, possibly to her window. She was prepared, though, so she wasn't going to let that happen.

A few moments later, a hand appeared at her window and slowly pushed it open before pulling themselves up and into the room, basking in the darkness that they were sure Felicity was asleep in. However, they were wrong and found that out when they attempted to stand up and received a kick to the side that sent them crashing back onto the floor.

"I knew it was you," Felicity hissed when she caught a glimpse of the killer's face in the moonlight from her window.

The killer chuckled before receiving another kick to the side, making the chuckling cease. "Felicity Jones–the town's snob," the killer said, "but also one of the strongest."

Felicity rolled her eyes and went to kick the killer again when her foot was grabbed and she was thrown onto her back, the knife flying to the right of her. The killer held her foot tighter and pushed themselves up, a smirk playing on their face. "But maybe too strong for my liking."

Not even halfway through the sentence, Felicity had twisted from the killer's grip and kneed them in the face just as the final word was said. This impact sent them backwards, smacking their head on the windowsill that they'd just climbed through. With this time, Felicity dived for the knife that'd fallen from her hand and spun back around to the killer just in time to be booted in legs which buckled her to the ground.

Being home alone allowed all this to happen without anyone coming to check whether everything was alright, but that also didn't mean that the couple of the house weren't on their way back already, wanting to know how far their daughter had come in her hunt for their son's killer. They'd aided her when they found out but opted to stay out of any actual situations because not everyone in the family could get a reputation like Charles did other they'd be ruined, not to mention there would always be needed someone to rely on if something happens and an alibi is needed, or even somewhere to go to if something goes wrong. They were family and that was what they did, especially if someone had died from the family.

Before the killer could strike, Felicity was back on her feet and lunged at the figure, making them both fall to the ground but with them being pinned this time. It was in that second that the knife in her left hand connected with the chest of the killer, slicing through their skin and muscle until it punctured a lung, killing the one who had started the entire fiasco.

"You were always a bitch, Diana," Felicity barked before she rose from where she'd been straddling Diana and pushed the knife in deeper with her foot.

Yes, Diana Kane, the bitch who will fuck anyone over to get what she wants. She'd been on Felicity’s list from the start as one of the main suspects, mostly because she herself despised everything about the woman, but also because she was someone who something as cruel as these murders couldn't be put past. Of course those who didn't know her would have never placed her on the list in the first place, and even though Felicity didn't know her too well, she knew her enough to have got under her skin once and saw the nastiness that resided within her–a reason why she never associated with her, even those the main reason she didn't associate with anyone in the town was because they were never going to get anywhere in life and she knew she was going to, not only because her family had money but also because she wasn't going to stay in the pathetic place her parents thought was the best place to raise their two children. After all, look how Charles turned out.

Stepping away from the body, she brushed the back of her hand across her cheek and stared down at the blood. This needed to be cleaned up and disposed of, and even though she could have waited until her parents were back because they would have surely helped her, she resolved to do it herself so that no one would know what she was seen with Diana, not to mention that she'd been the one to kill the murderer herself. Even though it'd be justice to the victim's families, she knew that the law enforcement wouldn't see it that way even though they'd failed to do their job.

Felicity had to give it to Diana, though. She may have been complete monstrosity but she knew how to commit the perfect crime and get away with it when it came to the police. The victim's family? Not so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story didn't end up as I'd planned. I am disappointed in that but I figured an end needed to be put up and this is it. Sorry if it doesn't seem adequate, but all the planned chapters never made it to publish because of authors dropping out.