Monstrosity

Felicity

Felicity paced the room without any real thought. The news was blaring at her, repeating the death of Gregory over and over again like a broken record. Her parents were in the process of suing the police for harassment of both her and Charles, and the fact that they only regarded him as a suspect and not someone who could possibly be a victim. They had good grounds with claiming that they were being prejudice against him because of the "nutcase" label everyone had attached to him. The funeral had been and gone, with her parents not allowing his body to be kept by authorities for more time than was needed. Now it was the period when Felicity just felt like murdering someone.

She didn't like Charles – everyone knew that because she never tried to hide it – but he was her brother, and whether he was a freak or not, within their family they protected each other. It was why she went to the police station that early in the morning with him when all the murders started, and it was also why she agreed with her parents to stay at the house to watch him. Of course, that didn't work out too well seeing as he ended up dead, but there was a psycho killer on the loose so it wasn't her fault that he ended up dead. However, it would be her fault that the killer ended up dead whenever she found out who it was.

She sat down on the sofa and put her hand in her hands. There was something about the murders that was bugging her, and it wasn't like she was an expert on killings. Hell, she didn't even know everything about the other murders because she didn't care about those people – without them, she was still Felicity Jones and that's all that mattered. Everyone was talking about the murders around town, whether they be talk about a certain death or several of them, and details of the way the bodies were found began to spread even though the police fought hard to try and contain them. However, with the bodies being left in the public eye, this seemed futile for the police to even attempt to contain.

After a moment or so in thought, she stood up and got a notebook from one of the drawers in the room and sat back down with a pen. She then opened up to a clean page and began to make a list of all the people she could think of who would have loved to mess with Charles. Near enough all the people who were dead already ended up on the list as did a lot of the people in town, especially the ones who were in any year at the high school when he was there. She then began to narrow the list down by eliminating those whom she deemed not smart enough to even work a lawnmower, and of course, crossing off those who were either dead or no longer in town.

This left not a lot of names uncrossed but there was still enough for Felicity to get annoyed and flip the notebook closed, tossing it onto the other side of the sofa. Well, that didn't give her any more information than she already had. Her parents probably didn't know anything more than her – hell, she probably knew more about everything that had gone on than they did, and she was never present at any of the scenes, especially the first one who was found. That party they had for those who were simply disgusting to be seen with. She knew most of the people who had attended that party, but the likelihood was that they didn't like her and she didn't like them back. That was generally how it went around this town, mostly because she always looked down at everyone else because they just weren't the sort of people she'd ever like to be associated with, even if her life suddenly went to hell and she ended up without money and a house.

Growing annoyed with the news that was blaring from the television, she grabbed the remote from the side table next to the sofa and turned it off before getting up and leaving the room. As her parents were out like they almost always were, she went upstairs instead of out and found herself in the spare office of the house. Her parents each had a personal office but they felt the need to have another one just in case someone came over and needed to use it, but mostly because they had in their heads that she'd follow in their footsteps and actually have a use for the office. That wasn't likely to happen, especially after Charles being murdered, but then she realised that the likelihood of her parents actually letting her go now wasn't that high. She might actually end up having to come back and live with her parents even though she'd been moved out for a while. That was something that she wasn't pleased about but knew that she would have no say over because even though she was a bitch and did everything her own way, her parents were too domineering for even her to reject like that.

Loading up the computer at the desk, Felicity tapped her nails against the surface impatiently. There was a list of people who she felt that she needed to check up on, whether that included their social networking sites, she wasn't sure. Just to be on the safe side, she was checking them out because whenever she found who it was that killed Charles, she wouldn't be leaving them to be dealt with by the police. She would be dealing with them herself, and once her parents found out (and they would, but only after she'd done it), they'd happily provide an alibi for her because it would be justice being served for their son and they wanted nothing more than that to happen.

After spending the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening digging for information, Felicity retreated from the computer with a small inkling as to who the killer might be. She wasn't sure about whether it was them or not, but she had her suspicions and that was all that mattered. Now all she needed was to find the person and make sure that she was right with her suspicions because if she wasn't right with this person, there was only one other person left on her list.