Happy Dagger and the Fabulous Killjoys

Chapter 1: The Fabulous Killjoys

I looked up and saw four shadowed figures approaching. This must be it. The Draculoids finally found us. They begin make their way over to the hideout. That or some other rebels out in Zone 6. Though, I highly doubt that. We haven’t seen others in ages. I pulled out my black and blue striped ray gun. Just in case. I cautiously opened the door to the bungalow and stepped out to greet the strangers.

I pointed my gun at the group. Better safe than sorry. Besides, if it were just a rebel group, they’d be better off dead anyways. We can’t have others knowing our location. I waited for the figures to get closer. Rebels. Definitely rebels. As I studied their faces, I realized something was off. The quad seemed oddly familiar. I lowered my gun and waited for them to arrive. Fist is not going to like this.

The group finally came to a stop when they saw me. They each pulled out their guns and began hesitantly approaching. Looks like they weren’t expecting company either. Finally, they arrived at the Goat.

“Who are you?” The man that seemed like the leader asked. He was tall, about 30, with bright red hair and a yellow ray gun pointed at me. He was wearing dirty jeans, a dirty t-shirt, and a dirty leather jacket to match. Strange combination for an outcast. The others that accompanied him had guns and clothes that were similar.

Usually, those who live outside Battery City keep the plain white uniform they were given. When they escape, they have no idea how to obtain new clothes. Well, those who don’t discover Dr. D don’t. Though, not many pick up on the strange signal coming from the outskirts of the Zone. It was by chance that Fist Kiss and I found a radio station broadcast to a mysterious group called the Killjoys providing information on food, clothing, and most importantly, the Draculoids’ location.

I look at the man nervously and say, “I am Happy Dagger. I live here with two others. We escaped the city months ago, and just want to survive.” It came out as almost a plea instead of a statement.

The man looked at me and then turned to his buddies.

“She’s good,” He said bluntly. “I am Party Poison and we are the Killjoys.”