We're All a Little Insane

Don't Scream Anymore My Love

Two days before...

"Juliet! Hurry up! You're going to be late for school!!" Juliet's mother cried from the bottom of the stairs. Juliet sighed and marched downstairs. She grabbed her backpack and was out the door, where her carpool was waiting. The carpool consisted of her classmate, her classmate's older brother, and his friend. They talked loudly, and Juliet was used to zoning them out for the entire twelve minute ride.
School came and went like a fog. Nothing really stood out from anything else. It seemed at times that all of Juliet's life was like this. And what a boring and pointless existence it was indeed.

On her way to the parking lot, where her ride would be waiting, she passed the highschool that was next door. There was nothing especially abnormal about this, as she walked by the same highschool every day, but for some reason, she had a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Juliet gazed up at the school, looking for something, anything, that was out of place. No, there was nothing. Everything appeared normal. She turned around to continue on her way. She looked straight ahead and gasped. There was a girl standing a few yards away from her.
"Anything wrong?" The girl called softly. She looked about 15, and had brown hair to her waist that was separated into 6 long braids. Juliet noticed that the girl's expression was not that of concern, but of suspicion.
"N-no, I-I just didn't see you there before is all, " Juliet choked out nervously. The girl gave a small swift nod, and Juliet started walking forward at a quickened pace. As she passed the girl, Juliet noticed how chilly the wind was, and wished she had though to bring a jacket. She felt the girl's gaze on her back, but didn't dare turn her head until she reached her destination, the car.

When carpool dropped her off at her home, she thanked the driver and headed up to the porch. She swung the front door open and ambled inside. The door slammed loudly behind her, which made her jump.

"Mum! I'm home!" Juliet called as she dragged her backpack through the seemingly empty house.
"Mum! Dad! Where are you guys?" The only responce to her pleas was the unsettling scilence. Juliet became distressed. There was no one in the entire house.

'I bet mum just went on a quick errand and forgot about me coming home. Either way, she'll be back soon.., " she thought, in a forlorn attempt to ease her apprehensive stomach. Emily grabbed a granola bar out of the pantry, and she climbed up the stairs. She entered her pink room and tried to find something to focus her attention on. Juliet tried to concentrate on her homework, but the voice in the back of her mind, the one that kept telling her that something was wrong would not be quiet. She spend another few minutes trying to block the worst-case senarios from her mind, until she finally decided to call someone. Her parents were old-fashioned and therefore did not have cell phones , but she could call one of her friends who lived close by...

Juliet got up from her spot on the floor and heard the door slam from behind her. She swung her head around and was face to face with the one who had made the noise. There was a tall man standing right in front of her. She opened her mouth to scream, but couldn't find her voice. Her gaze was locked on his menacing black eyes, and she felt tears begining to sting her own. Juliet's phone started ringing from the corner of her room. The man glanced to the side just long enough for Juliet to regain a bit of composuer. She turned to run, but it was too late. The man caught her and drew a large knife from his pocket. Juliet's high-pitched scream was abruptly stopped as the blade peirced her heart. The man dropped her and was gone. Juliet lay motionless on the floor.