Status: Alive!

Seven Devils

THE START

Blaze walked into the living room, tripping over her boyfriend's shoes once again. Danny must FINALLY be home. He was once again over an hour late. He supposedly was working late but she had called his office and they said he was off early that day.

Blaze sighed and took a deep breath. She was going to confront him. She really wanted to believe that he wasn't cheating but the facts just weren't lining up anymore. Getting her courage up she walked into their bedroom.

He was on his laptop. Blaze cleared her throat. He didn't acknowledge that she was there. Finally after clearing her throat again he looked up.

"What the fuck do you want?" he yelled. Blaze flinched and lost all her nerve. "What are you just going to stand there purposely annoying me or are you going to finally say something not stupid?" he criticized.

Blaze looked up, fear in her eyes.

"I..I just wanted to know what you'd like for dinner?" she spoke in a timid voice, praying he wouldn't hit her like so many other times.

"I don't know." Anger radiated from him. "Can't you fucking figure it out yourself? Or do I need to hold your hand through everything?"

"Of course I can do it," she said speaking fast. Why had she thought to confront Danny? Why had she been so stupid, she thought to herself as she raced out of the room.

She new Danny would be angry. He had every right to yell, she told herself as she looked in the fridge. They had nothing but a bottle of ketchup and mayo. The freezer wasn't much better. A pack of peas she used to ice the bruises that Danny gave her.

She would have to go to the store, she thought. Better make sure Danny's okay with that, she commented to herself.

Walking back into the bedroom she asked, "Baby we have no food. Can I please go to the store?"

Danny looked up from the porn he was watching, with a disgusted face he asked "Like that?" Blaze sighed without thinking about it.

In a flash Danny was up, a wave of pain tore through Blaze's face then her gut, slamming her down on the floor.

He kicked her yelling, "I told you not to make that sound you stupid bitch!" Once again all Blaze could do was cover her head and wait.

After he finished beating her he tossed a baggy pair of pants at her and an over-sized shirt.

"Wear this," he said not wanting anyone to see the bruises she deserved.

Blaze shaking, got to her feet. There was blood on the carpet. What's that from, she wondered. Danny roughly pulled her to his lips kissing her so hard it hurt. Pain waves started from her lip. Finally realizing he had split her lip.

Pulling away grinning from causing her more pain, tasting her blood on his lips he looked at his pathetic girlfriend. Bile rising from how weak and ugly he found her. "Go," he said disgusted.

She rushed to get dressed. Grabbed her shoes and sunglasses and ran for the bus stop. Danny didn't allow her to use his car. Putting on her shoes, people pretended they didn't see her.

After finally getting to and from the super market she returned to their apartment deciding how to get through the rest of the night without upsetting him.

As she got to her door she found it had been smashed open. Dropping her groceries, she ran in looking for Danny only to find him fighting the most grotesque thing she had ever seen.

Covered in blood and sickly green with patches of flesh missing everywhere. It had a broken arm and its left eye looked to be rotted out.

Danny yelled "Help me, you bitch!"

She looked at him in horror, turning and running away. As she ran she thought to herself with a ping of shame, I'm free.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think should I keep going? Let me know :)
-Phoenix