Status: First story I have written in a while, hopefully this gets me back into the swing of things.

My Everything.

You Got Something That I Can't Explain

"I've told you before! It was never meant to be like this! Why can't you just accept that already?" he exclaimed, throwing down the items that were firmly in his grasp. Books, pens, and other things scattered over the desk and lay discared on the floor. Forgotten about. Just like I felt.

I let out a shaky breath, not even realizing that I had been holding it in the whole time he spoke. I glanced all around the room, trying my hardest not to lock eyes with him. All my attempts to keep myself from his view failed, when he walked up to me and stood directly in front of me. I felt my heartbeat get faster, and my breathing started to shallow. He was so close, I could touch him, run my hands down his sculptured chest.. I had to stop my thoughts before I got too carried away. Danny looked into my eyes, and it felt like he ws staring into the depths of my soul.

"Why do you do this to me?" Danny asked, raising his hand to my side, but letting it drop before he made contact; realizing what he was doing. I couldn't speak, I stood there physically and mentally unable to come up with anything. Danny's hazel eyes searched my own, as if he was looking for answers. He sighed, running his hand through his hair. Turning away and pacing the room infront of me.

"I.. I don't know what you want me to tell you.." I managed to say, my voice coming out pained and almost strangled. I had known this boy for years, and never had I not had something to say. "I don't know what I want you tell me either. I'm just so confused right now. I don't know what I'm doing here." he spoke, his voice sounding almost as pained as my own. I took a few deep breaths, whilst figuring out what I wanted to say.

"You.. You make me nervous, that's never happened before Danny. Is that what you want to hear?" I mumbled, it all coming out so fast that is wasn't sure if he heard me. I closed my eyes, not wanting to look into his as he walked over to where I was sitting. I felt the matress sink right next to me, and I could feel the heat radiating from his tanned skin. My heart raced at him being so close, but I forced myself not to move a muscle. "What do you mean I make you nervous.?" Danny questioned, I sighed opening my eyes and staring down at the carpet.

"I don't know, you're my best friend. I think I'm just as confused as you are. I don't know what's happening." I told him calmly, even though I was freaking out on the inside. I tried to control my breathing, but it wasn't working. I felt the bed shift again as Danny reached out and took my hands into his own. It felt like an electric charge. My eyes went wide as I glanced up to his face. I think my heart stopped then and there.

"Wh.. What are you doing..?" I asked, staring directly into those eyes that had become so familiar over the years. "I don't know, but I have this pull towards you.. Cass, I'm so sorry I yelled at you before. I never meant it, honestly I feel terrible. Please, please forgive me?" Danny asked, running his thumbs over the top of my hands. I just stared down at my hands entwined with his, I couldn't speak. "Please say something..?" Danny asked again.

"Tell me what you're thinking." I asked him, not lifting my sight, I was too wound up in how perfectly my hands fit his. "I have a million thoughts running through my head right now, I really don't know where one ends and another begins. I've been so stressed out lately, and I feel terrible for yelling at you before. You are my best friend Cass. I can't have you being angry at me.. It hurts." Danny mumbled. I looked up, my eyes meeting his sad hazel ones. I hadn't seen so much pain in his eyes since the day his dad died ten years ago. "I'm not angry at you D. I promise." I let out a weak smile, using the name I gave him when we were six. I heard him sigh, not realizing that he had been holding his breath.

I looked at Danny, he hadn't changed much from when we were kids. He had grown taller, and his muscles had grown. His hair was longer but still stuck out like he had stuck his finger in a powerpoint. But of all things, his face had stayed the same, sure he had grown into his features, but he was still Danny. My best friend. My eyes softened as I gently pulled one of my hands free from his grasp, and rested it on his cheek. Danny's eyes frantically searched mine, as I ran my thumb across his cheek. "I'm just as confused as you, and for some reason I have this pull towards you too. I've never felt it before, it makes me uneasy.." I told him.

"I've never felt like this before Cass, it scares me. I feel like everytime I'm around you, my heart beats faster and I get nervous. I'm scared of what you will say to me." Danny spoke, leaning his head into my hand. I pulled the other free and wrapped my arms around is neck, pulling him against my chest. Danny responded, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back. "It scares me too D." I mumbled against his neck. I sighed breathing in my favorite smell. I felt so warm and safe wrapped up in Danny's arms, and it felt like hours before we spoke again. "Cass.. I have to tell you something, but I'm terrified of what you will say, and I can't lose you, you mean too much to me." Danny mumbled, pulling away reluctantly, taking my hands in his. "It's okay, I swear I'm not going to go anywhere." I promised, Danny nodded and took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"I.. I don't know how to say this.. We've been friends since we were five Cass. You were the girl that everyone wanted to be friends with in preschool. I was the loner, but you ignored all those pleas, and chose me instead. That was the happiest day of my life. You were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and you still are. We have been best friends ever since and we have both been through some pretty rough shit, but we have stuck by each other every time." Danny took another deep breath, continuing his speech, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "Everytime I see you, you make me smile. You still make me nervous, and you always have. I never really understood why a girl like you chose to be friends with me. But I was grateful the day you walked through that door.. Cass, honey don't cry please" Danny chuckled, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"I'm sorry D. continue please." I nodded, holding onto his hand tightly. He smiled, and I returned it imediately. "Cass what I'm trying to get at is.. Man, I'm so scared right now.. Here goes.." Danny mumbled to himself, looking around the room. I squeezed his hand willing him to continue. "Cass.. I.. I love you." Danny's eyes softened searching mine for a reply as tears fell from my eyes. I was speechless. I was trying to wrap my head around those three words that he just told me. "Cass..?" Danny asked, resting his had on my cheek, searching my eyes.

I did the only thing that came into my mind. I pressed my lips against his. Danny was shocked, but that soon faded away as we both melted into the kiss. It was sweet and held so much raw emotion. It was nothing like anything I had ever experienced, Danny's lips were so soft against mine and it felt like they were made to be there. Tears slowly began to fall from my eyes again. I pulled away, looking into his eyes.

"I..I l-love you too D." I choked out in between sobs. "Really?!" Danny asked, his eyes widening at my response. I nodded and he pulled me against his chest. "Oh Cass, you have no idea how relieved I feel right now, knowing that you feel the same." I felt Danny relax against me, he had been so tense leading up to this. I pulled away, looking into Danny's eyes and found everything I needed. He was my everything, but I just never realized it. He was my rock, my partner in crime, my safe house. My best friend but most of all Danny was the boy I loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please tell me what you think. I haven't written anything in a while and I would love some feedback. Hope you liked it!