Status: Another, for Sree :)

Since Yesterday

one of two.

Cause all I know is we said hello
And your eyes look like coming home


I was betting half my life savings, that she actually believed she could set my soul ablaze by simply glowering at me. To be a tad irksome I smiled innocently at my mum; but I knew it looked more like the self satisfied mischievous smirk of an ill-mannered untamed teenager. The only part that spoke the truth was the mischievous smirk. It often collected me in a dome of unintentional trouble. 

Though this time none of this was my fault. It was my own mother to blame. But, to be serious, it was an honest mistake that anyone could've made. However she decided to place me in the spotlight and blame her wrong doing on me. Her own eldest daughter. There surely wasn't anything light or amusing about that since I was almost ninety-nine percent of the time a mature girl.

But my sister was a horrible young teenager. She had become one of those delusional boy band fans, day dreaming about marrying a boy. Though I'm sure that dating someone her age would've landed him in jail. My own thoughts caused me to laugh audibly earning a worried look from my mother. 

"Here," she said flipping through her bloated purse. I withheld a deep throaty groan knowing properly that it wouldn't have done any good and most likely only make me receive a pinch and twist by the ear. A fifty dollar note was pressed in the palm of my outstretched hand. Regardless of the miserable thoughts that were pounding in my head, the sight of money made it all worthwhile and my eyes glowed with anticipation. "Be careful with it. Buy the correct album this time."

I rolled my eyes but paid extra attention to her words considering the last time she sent me on an errand to buy a CD. It didn't end up going quiet well and my family had to suffer through hours of intense whining and sulking from Trishna as she didn't receive what she had wanted. I didn't know why my parents tolerated her and never gave her consequences for get selfish and bratty ways. 

"Sree," my mother pressed. She drew back the hand carrying the cash as if she thought I'd run away with it. From the past seventeen and a half years I'd been living with my mum, I'd never been too much a burden and the biggest 'bad' thing I'd ever done was attend a sleepover without asking her. But I had my father's approval of course. 

I sighed heavily. "Yes." 

Being granted the notes once again, I slid off the kitchen stool and journeyed towards my bedroom, located in the very last room upstairs. On the way I pushed an ear up to my sister's door and listened to her on the phone. I clicked my tongue realizing it wasn't anything special but another one of her gossiping sessions. I honestly wondered how she turned from such a sweet kid into the stereotypical troublesome teenager. 

After grabbing my bag - which contained my wallet, phone the money and other necessities - I hurried back down the stairs to bid a farewell to my mother. I skipped to her side and said, "Can I borrow your car mum? It's blocking the driveway."

"Sure," she murmured and eyed the dirty dishes again. "Be careful with it. And be back by six okay? I don't want you late to dinner. Again."

"Yes mum." 

As she continued to rave on, I abruptly ended her rant with a quick kiss on the cheek and shot out the front door. She had always been a softy for kisses. That's how my father persuaded her to go on a date with him - or at least that's what she claimed. My dad had another perspective in which he lured her with his supposedly tantalizing warm brown eyes. I always rolled my eyes at his ridiculous stories.


Image


After a ten minute drive, I arrived at the nearest mall. I pushed the car door open but hesitated for a second. I hadn't exactly worried about my outfit since I was too occupied with frustration for my family but now I was regretting it. I usually overdid things and visiting the shopping mall clad in only jeggings, a blue tank top and a pair of canvas wasn't my cup of tea. I gave up and sighed, stepping out of the car. 

Just to make sure my face looked decent, I whipped out the mirror I always brought around with me and peered at my reflection. With a hum I put the device back and brushed my brown strands with my fingers, hoping nobody noticed that I hadn't recently washed my hair. I was a procrastinator - to put my life in a nutshell. 

I hurried through the throngs of mall shoppers, the crowd receding as it was nearly time for the stores and shops to close for the night.  One of my wishes today was for people to build music stores, that sold modern albums and records, that didn't have to be placed in a mall that was nearly three hundred lightyears away from my house. 

Alright, that was stretching the truth a little bit. 

My eyes frantically gazed around at all the shop names causing me to gracefully bump into other people. I let out a small yes when I finally found the right store. I didn't think I would've been able to miss it though; the name was too flashy and there stickers of CD's and over-rated artists pasted all over the outside of the shop. 

I felt a shudder course within the length of my whole being once I stepped inside. It was like entering the lair of an unoriginal pop and RnB music obsessed girl who basically had the hottest radio station as their playlist because that's how much of a conformist they were. I felt like slapping myself for being so judgmental but I couldn't help it. It just irked me that some people were like that. 

I trudged around the displays and tiny shelves of the CDs searching for the correct one. There were only very few artists in this current generation that caught my attention. I was more of a person that listened to people like One Republic, Jason Mraz, Oasis, The Fray, Secondhand Seren-yes! I had been listening to Ed Sheeran lately and I'd been debating on whether I should buy the album. I never had the money but now I did and I was going to take the leftover cash and buy myself an iTunes card. 

"Do you need help?" a person, whom I guessed worked at this store, asked me. I had an uncalled for, sarcastic reply in mind though as I swished around to face a member of the music store personnel, all words and thoughts were swept away. Not leaving any trail or debris in my head. 

"You alright miss?" He had a unique tone to his voice; it wasn't extremely deep but it was raspy and the thought of his morning or tired voice sent dancing tingles along my back. He couldn't have been three years older than me, possibly eighteen turning nineteen. As I examined his whole body, he wasn't buff but he looked good in the black v-neck he wore and his soft, warm smile made up for the lack of masculinity. He was a fragile handsome, you could say.

"Miss?" he voiced for what I could tell was the hundredth time. "Are you okay?" I knew I wasn't day dreaming about his face or what our future children were going to look like but it simply didn't seem like reality anymore. I swore I'd seen him (or someone similar) before though I couldn't place exactly where.


Image


The only female barista at the cafe motioned to me and I eagerly accepted the warm beverage. There wasn't many customers at the coffee shop today but that didn't mean I was able to slow down. Yesterday I could've been late; I would've allowed myself to be. Tomorrow I may be late but I wouldn't care but today, today was an important day that simply couldn't be missed. 

Tomorrow at eleven o'clock I had an extremely important exam that was necessary if I were to continue with my chosen degree. I was heading to the library to study for it. But it wasn't that I never studied - I studied a little too much if you asked me - but I needed to cram in extra hours tonight to be on my best tomorrow. I simply couldn't fail that exam.

I guided the cup to my lips and sipped on the liquid. Even though it was nearing summer, this season of spring had several surprises beneath its sleeves. It was like a three step pattern; hot, windy, rain, hot, windy, rain. And today was one of those off days where it was unnaturally cold, moments of drizzle coming here and there. So a coffee in this kind of spring was acceptable. 

I clutched onto the strap of my two year old satchel as I rushed through the crowds of people coming my way. It was funny as there rarely seemed to be a single person going the same direction as me. At first it was odd then I realized that all these people were most likely coming back from work. But I was always one to pay attention to these minor details that weren't nearly as important as to what I should've had my thoughts with. 

"Afternoon Sree," the head librarian greeted me as soon as I pushed the door open. I didn't think she even had to see me as I was probably the only one whoever came at this time. I was a regular at this library. 

Found the lovely place when I was searching for somewhere to study at because most of the time, my flatmate was too occupied working out different ways to stick her tongue down her boyfriend's throat to realize she was living with someone. Since then this one library had become my sanctuary. My friends used to always tease me about it until they thought about studying. 

"Hey Dyna," I replied setting my worn out bag on her desk. My books literally spilled out causing a mess with my notes and pens. I frowned at the objects below me wondering how on earth I had ever passed high-school being the unorganized person I was.

"Studying? Oh yes, you have that big exam tomorrow don't you? Good luck sweetheart." 

I nodded fixing up the chaotic studying materials. "Oh and watching too," I added with a grin. 

"Oh? You better hurry up, he's already preparing but I'm sure you can hear from all the way here."

"It's better when you can see Dave. He's really enchanting actually." I laughed and Dyna merely raised an eyebrow before waving me off. 

The other special thing about this library - and the other reason I wanted to come today so badly - was because they had a grand piano placed in the furthest corner. It seemed silly but the soothing keys of the massive instrument suited the calm atmosphere of a library. And not just that, there was a certain person who played every other day. David was a beautiful player. You could see in his face that he felt the emotions that shot from his moving fingers. 

"Hey gorgeous," he chirped as I came into his view. Of course, as usual, the warm feeling spread through my cheeks and the heat reached my wars which would've probably been burning red. Thank goodness I had let my hair fall free right after classes. He always liked my hair down anyway. 

David patted the remaining space beside him on the piano bench. I eagerly obliged the gesture, placing my satchel on top of the grand instrument before gently plopping down on the wooden bench. He reached behind my neck to rest his arm around my shoulders and I snuggled up to him. His shoulder was one of the most comfortable places in the world. 

"How was your day?" he murmured, putting his index finger beneath my chin and lifted up my head. 

I stared at his blue eyes. They were forever the deepest ocean. "Better now." He chuckled with a shake of his head then leaned down to be at my eye level. Even as we were seated he was still much taller than me; thank goodness he saw past my height or lack thereof. He pecked my lips though I was certain it was only to tease me.

To clarify the situation, David and I were a couple but we didn't classify ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend. We didn't call what we currently had a relationship. I didn't want anything that needed too much commitment right now as I was busy with university and everything else. My life was one messy void and relationships was the last thing on my list to worry about. But David was there for me and he respected my decisions - after all he was in a similar position.


Image


Those scenes flooded back into memory with such undesirable speed. They almost made my head explode with all the newfound information I'd been storing in the crevices of my mind for months. I knew those azure gems couldn't have been just random blue eyes; they meant something to me. 

I had heard about people having dreams then, later on, finding out that they had dreamed about the future. They were the sleeping psychics (at least that's what I preferred to call them) though it could've de ja vu. I'd had plenty of those to last three lifetimes and every time it happened, I would still get the same sense of shock.

However, even though I had no evidence to bounce back from, I was absolutely certain that this wasn't de ja vu. The plot felt thicker and more meaningful than a time when you simply recalled what could happen. No. It was much more than that. I wouldn't call it fate exactly but it was something like it. And it should've scared me.

David. That was his name although he liked it when I called him by his nickname, Dave. He preferred many things and he could've been quiet picky but I loved him. 

"That's not my name," the strange stranger murmured, a slight smirk on his pink lips. I looked blankly at him. "But that is my middle name. Now I don't know if you were guessing or if you like calling people by their middle names. And if you do, how'd you know mine?"

Others would've thought the boy was rambling but he was simply making his point across. To save myself from embarrassment I said, "Was guessing. I'm Sree." I stuck out my right arm hoping he wouldn't reject the handshake. Partly I only wanted to know his real name too. His hold was firm but soft and I had to remind myself he was a real person so that I was able to stop myself from staring at his hands. But he could've easily played the piano. 

"Zachary but everyone calls me Zach. That's pretty good name guessing skills though."

I nodded, feeling the heat rush through my entire face, reminding me of David - he often made me blush or falter or squirm because of his charm or mere intimidation. "Uh um," I stuttered. "Do you know where the One Direction albums are?" He smiled brightly at me before stretching out both arms towards a certain way and I immediately followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will edit. :)