Status: One-Shot

Donghae's Coming to Town

I/I

If there was one thing that Sara wasn't particularly fond of, it was a large crowd of rioting people. What she really wasn't fond of was that rioting crowd was her relatives stuck in her living room. Its not that she didn't enjoy Christmas—in fact, she loved it—but she would almost rather have be celebrating it half way around the world.

The brunette sat in the corner, eyes focused on the multi-colored lights dotting the Christmas tree. She sighed and rested her chin in her hand. South Korea never felt so far away.

“So Sara has a boyfriend?” her aunt asked, sporting her usual ugly, Christmas sweater.

“I guess you could call him that. He doesn't speak English.”

Sara turned to her dad's remark and pursed her lips. “He speaks English,” she defended. “Its just more like Engrish...” Her family members looked at her blankly. Sara shook her head. “Never mind.”

Of course, no one would know—or probably care—who her boyfriend was. Lee Donghae, the Lee Donghae of South Korea's Super Junior. They weren't exactly public, because fangirls tended to have psychotic meltdowns, and its not like her family exactly approved of her dating a foreign man.

Her dad thought studying abroad would teach her responsibility and work ethic and all those skills parents wanted their kids to acquire. And its not that she didn't gain any of that; she learned a lot. However, her parents didn't expect to have a pop star boyfriend figured into that list of acquisitions .

It wasn't really minded that she had a boyfriend, but that he was some supposed famous idol from a foreign land that was the slightly uncomfortable topic. There were plenty of people who were going to frown on it, but Sara honestly didn't care.

She'd gotten her chance with Donghae and she'd taken it. Her Korean was rusty and his English—'Engrish'—wasn't exactly flawless. But by fate, and a little help from both sides' friends, things had fallen into place and there they were. The awkward—at least in her mind—girl from America and one of South Korea's most sought after men.

Donghae was beautiful in every sense of the word. His smile was sweet and lit up the room. The persona that radiated from him was charming and innocent. There was energy and charisma and a hundred other little perfections all bottled inside that very nice body.

The doorbell's clanging filled the house, followed by a quiet knock at the door. “I got it,” Sara said, relieved with an excuse to get away from the blather.

She opened the door and the sight before her made her jaw drop. Santa was standing on her doorstep. A beardless, Korean Santa that looked a lot like

“Donghae!” Sara pushed him back and stepped outside, closing the door behind her. “What are you doing here?” she asked, looking over his white-trimmed, red suit.

“Surprise!” Donghae exclaimed, spreading his arms out for an awaiting hug.

His girlfriend continued to stand there, arms crossed with a scowl painted across her face. Though she was more than happy to see him, she doubted anyone else would be so welcoming to the intrusion. “What are you doing here?” she asked in Korean so that an excuse of miscommunication couldn't be used.

The pretend Santa dropped his arms, bottom lip protruding slightly. “I came to see you on Christmas,” he answered innocently back in Korean.

Sara sighed, arms relaxing, and looked at him disapprovingly. “You should have called so I could prepare everyone.”

Donghae bit at his lip, brown eyes looking at her warmly. That expression about made Sara give; he was just so beautiful. “I'm sorry,” he answered in English.

“How sorry are you?”

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!”

A burst of giggles erupted from Sara's lips and she quickly clapped a hand over her mouth. After regaining her composure, she looked at him and sighed. “Well, then. I guess I have to officially introduce you to everyone.”

Donghae nodded enthusiastically, making the white ball on the end of his hat flop around. He wrapped her tightly in a hug and then pulled back enough to plant a kiss on her lips. She could feel her face turning as red as his suit.“I missed you,” he said.

“I missed you too. Come on, its cold out here.” Sara took his hand in hers. His perfect teeth flashed as she led him inside. Sara looked uncertainly at the crowd; if there was one thing she didn't want to do, it was bring everyone's attention on her.

“Hey, everyone,” she called uncertainly.

The chattering diminished as family members turned, eyes looking skeptically at the Asian boy dressed as Santa standing in the living room. Sara cleared her throat and forced a smile. When she looked up at Donghae, it became a sincere expression. “Everyone, this is my boyfriend...Lee Donghae.”

Before she could stop him, Donghae jumped forward, spread out his arms again, and bellowed, “Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha~.
For the lovely Sara, I hope you enjoy it. I decided to post it a day early since you were having spazz attacks on me. c:
Merry Christmas! <3