Status: complete. click ahead for the final chapters.

I Don't Do Lonely Well

favorite fix.

“Are you sure? I don’t want your symptoms to start back up again, babe?” Alex questions, concern in his voice.
“I’ll wear ear plugs. It’ll be fine,” I assure.
“Alright.” I can hear the uncertainty in his voice. “How have you been feeling lately?”
“Better. My ribs don’t hurt anymore. I don’t get this stupid cast off my arm for another week, but whatever. I haven’t had a headache today yet. So, that’s good.” Part of that is a lie. I told Alex as a joke that I couldn’t use my hands (if you get what I’m saying) because they casted my left wrist. That’s a lie. I’m still wearing the brace, but I’m supposed to take it off at night and for a few hours a day. So, I basically never wear it anymore.
“Well, it’s nice actually having a coherent conversation with you,” he laughs. I roll my eyes.
“You know how many medications I was on. That’s not fair at all.”
“I think it was easier understanding you drunk.”
I scoff and pull the straightener through my hair a few more times. “Whatever. What time do you want me at the venue?”
“What time is it now? Three-thirty?”
“Yeah, I think.” I pull my phone away from my face and glance at the time. “Yeah, three-thirty.”
“If you want to get here around five, that’s cool.”
“Okay, I’m going to finish getting ready. I’ll see you soon.”
“Okay, babe. I love you.”
“I love you more.”
I hang up the phone and run the straightener just a few more times through my hair before turning it off and dropping it into the drawer.
My front door opens. “Virginia?” Cass calls. I exit the bathroom to greet her. She embraces me. “Excited?”
“Oh, absolutely,” I reply. She follows me back into the bathroom and fixes her makeup as I do mine. “It feels like months since I’ve seen Alex.”
“Well, it’s been almost two months since you really saw him.” She winks. “If you know what I mean.”
I let out a laugh. “Oh, I know what you mean, and I’m counting down the seconds.” I cap my eyeliner and take out my mascara.
“You’re not in too much pain?”
I shrug. “Not really. As long as I don’t hit my head, we should be fine.” The two of us share a laugh. “What about you and Rian?”
“I can’t wait to see him. I’m taking him to this awesome club I found after the show.” Her lips pull into an excited smile. “And then he’s coming to practice tomorrow.”
“That’s legal?” I joke, referring to the strict The Voice rules.
She shrugs. “I guess I’ll find out, right? Blake seemed fine with it, which is really all that matters.”
I let out a laugh. “You two are precious.”
“Us? Try you and Alex. All we talk about is how we want to model our relationship after yours. You two are so understanding of each other, and when you fight, you don’t even fight. It’s like an argument that you end up talking out within a half an hour. When Rian and I fight, it’s a mess. Granted, we don’t fight that often, but still. It’s amazing how much Alex has grown up and into your relationship.”
I smile and shrug. “I think we’ve both grown up a lot.”

Cass and I approach the ticket window. “Virginia Lennox and Cassadee Pope. We’re picking up our passes,” I inform the worker.
“I’ll just need some ID.” We both pull out our drivers’ licenses and show them to the guy. He shuffles through some things and pulls out two laminated cards. “Enjoy the show.”
I smile and take my card, clipping it onto my belt. “Vinny!” Cass screeches.
“Jesus, Cass,” I whine, covering my ears. She doesn’t hear me. She’s well on her way to the merch booth where Vinny is setting up all the shirts and posters.
“My lovely ladies!” he greets. He embraces us both at the same time, even though I get there well after Cass does.
“You look great, Gin,” he tells me. I smile and run a hand through my hair.
“Stitches and plastic surgery later,” I respond. “I was not about to have a huge scar on the side of my face.”
“Understandable.”
“Oh, it wasn’t even that big,” Cass laughs. “Alex would still think you’re stunning.”
“Speaking of the devil, where can we locate our men?” Vinny leans over the table and points into the venue.
“Through those fangirls, up the side stairs, exit stage left and continue until you hear the madness.”
“Thanks, Vin!”
Cass and I make our way there, and naturally she’s stopped by almost every single girl.
“You’re Virginia, aren’t you?” I turn around to find a girl about my height, blonde wavy hair, and probably about seventeen years old.
“Yeah, I am.” I offer her a warm smile.
“I heard about your accident on Alex’s Twitter and in a few interviews. I’m really glad you’re okay!”
“Thank you! I am, too,” I laugh. She smiles and shrugs. “Hey, do you and your friend want to come with me?”
Her eyes light up and grow to the size of beach balls. “Yes!”
Cass and I lead the two girls to the room we suspect is where the boys are. Considering we can hear Jack screeching, Alex warming up his voice, and tapping. Probably Rian.
Cass pushes the door open. “Cass!” Rian shouts, scrambling to his feet to embrace his girlfriend.
Alex just smiles when he sees me and notices the two girls next to me. He approaches us, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pressing his lips to my temple in greeting. He turns to the girls. “And who are these lovely ladies?”
“Isabella, and this is my best friend Katie,” the one I talked to answers quickly.
“How would you guys like a picture with the band?”
“Yes!” they chorus excitedly.
The guys take a few pictures with them, sign their shirts, and answer a few questions before having the security guard bring them back to their places. Alex immediately returns to me, cups my cheeks, and presses his lips to mine. I grip the sides of his shirt. “I missed you,” he mutters.
“Now you don’t have to miss me anymore.” I’m smiling as he pulls away.
“Babe, you look amazing.” He slides both of his hands into mine and then drops one to spin me in a circle. “Can’t even tell there were seventy stitches in your pretty little body.” I scoff for the second time at him.
“You haven’t seen anything yet.”
“I’d really like to.” He winks and pecks my lips. “But really, hon, you look like…well, I’d say a million dollars, but you can’t put a price on how beautiful you are.”
I smile, and he slides his fingers through mine.
“Hang on.” He picks up my bare wrist. “You dirty, little liar!”
“Oh, damn. Maybe my hands can be good for something,” I mumble, pulling my arm back and observing my wrist like I’m surprised. I shrug. “Got you good.”
“I’ll get you better.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i've come to grasp that
i have fallen in so deep.
there's no resisting.