Not Going Home Alone

(14)

Brooklyn’s POV:

“Finally you’re here. I didn’t think you were gonna show up.”

“Morgan, I wouldn’t miss my own wedding planning. Geez, what do you take me for?” We laugh.

“Alright girls, I’m glad you’re having fun, but this is serious. I’m finally getting a daughter.” Kate squeezes me. She is really excited about me marrying Zach.

“I think Zach and I have most of the stuff planned out that we need.”

“Do you know what the first dance is going to be to?” I haven’t even thought about that.

“No, actually. I hope Zach has an idea. I know what I would like it to be, but Zach and I don’t always agree on everything.”

“Let’s be honest, Brooklyn, you and Zach agree on a lot more than you’ll both admit.” Morgan is giving me the look that I know too well.

“That’s very true. We agree on most things.”

“I hate to be a downer, but have you heard from those girls recently?”

“Mrs. Porter, this isn’t this time to ask that! We’re planning her wedding to the second best guy on the planet, no offense to either of you.”

“None taken.” We both say.

“It’s fine, she can ask that. We did see them earlier today. They tried their same plan, but the cops happened to be there and they were taken away again.”

“Do you have any idea how long this is going to go on?”

“No, Morgan, I have no clue.”

“Well, let’s plan some seating, shall we.” Mrs. Porter sits up and grabs paper to write down everyone involved.

“My parents will be here in 8 days to help with the rest of the seating. I don’t even know how many people are going to be invited from my family.”

“What about friends that you want invited?”

“They are standing up there with me.”

“So you’ll just have family to sit at tables. Zach should invite a few of his old high school friends, but we both know him well enough.”

“I’m sure we can convince him to invite a few, Mrs. Porter.”

“The one time you call me that, it’s the time when we’re planning the day you become Mrs. Porter.” I smile, realizing that this is all still happening. I’m months away from being Brooklyn Porter.

“I don’t believe this.” I say out loud.

“Still sinking in?”

“Yeah, it is.”

“It is for me, too.” She says. Morgan is writing something and I look at it.

“Really?! You’re designing my cake?”

“Hey, you two were talking. This is just a rough sketch.”

“And rough it is.”

“Don’t diss my artistic skills or you ain’t gettin a cake.

“Thanks, Morgan, glad you care about my wedding.” The cake does look really good, if the person making it can tell how it’s supposed to look.

“Anytime.” We spend the whole evening talking about random things. This is the beginning of my life.

******************************************************