Not Going Home Alone

Surprise

Brooklyn’s POV:

“Morgan, Cameron, get your butts out here!” December 10, Zach’s 24th birthday. We are throwing him a surprise party.

“Just give us a second. We are months away from getting married and there is still so much left to plan.”

“But then Morgan distracts me.” Cameron teases her.

“Oh, no, you do the distracting. Those green eyes are breathtaking.”

“Dudes! Move your butts to the car and get to Mikey’s now. Zach’s gonna get there first and that won’t look good.”

“He won’t be there for another hour, Brooklyn. Besides the fact it’s Zach, the guy who would be late to his own wedding. Wait, I shouldn’t say that.” Cameron runs to the car and I laugh.

“What’s sad is that he’s probably right about that.”

“Brooklyn, he is not. It’s Cameron.”

“Very true. You two are so in love, it’s kind of creepy.”

“I like creepy if it’s with my Cameron.” Morgan smiles.

“Get to the car.”

“You’re really excited for this, aren’t you?”

“It’s Zach’s birthday! Of course I’m excited.”

“You and Zach seem pretty happy, too.”

“I think we are.”

“Thank goodness. You two have had enough arguments to last a life time.”

“But we always make it out stronger and more in love than before.”

“Is it even possible for you two to be more in love?” I think about it, and realize it may not be.

“It’s always possible for love to grow.” Cameron says as he sweeps Morgan up and spins her around.

“Cameron! Put me down.” He drops her in the grass. They are two of the biggest kids that I have ever seen. Finally, I get them in the car and get to Mikey and Selena’s.

“How is it living together?” I ask them.

“It can get stressful, but it’s nice having someone you love with you.” Selena twirls the ring on her finger. Mikey just proposed to her last week and she finished moving in the next day.

“Good to know. Zach will be moving in with me after we get married.”

“And Cam’s moving in after we get married.” She taps his nose and goes to set up the food and drinks.

“Music! Please tell me someone got music!” I start freaking out because I have everything else.

“Calm down, Brooklyn. I wouldn’t forget that.” Cameron pulls CD’s out of the bag he was carrying. “I also stole his iPod last night. We’re good.” He puts his hands on my shoulders until I calm down.

“Thanks, Cam. You’re a good friend.”

“What about me? You’re using my place for this thing.” Michael starts getting defensive.

“You’re an amazing friend, too, Michael.”

“Wait, he’s an amazing friend and I’m just good? That’s not fair.” Cameron protests.

“Ha! She likes me better.” They start arguing.

“Guys, you’re both totally awesome friends. Happy now?”

“Yeah.” They sulk off, punching each other. I look at the clock.

“Zach’s going to be here soon. Get down and hide. Heck, you guys know how this thing works.” I see his car pull up and here him get out.

“Hello? Michael, I swear if you aren’t here….”

“Surprise!” We jump out and he yelps.

“Thank you, Brooklyn.” He kisses me. “This is the best thing ever.” The whole night, he never lets me go.

********************************************