Not Going Home Alone

Love Is Love

Zach’s POV:

“I hope I get to propose soon, but mom, you need to leave us alone on that. We just got back together and I don’t want to move too fast or have her get hurt again.”

“I know, I just wanted her to leave. I knew that would do it.” How can she say that about my girlfriend?

“What do you mean you wanted her to leave? I love her and you….”

“I saw Ariel and Alison when I was at the store. They were on their way over this way and I don’t think you really want them to see her with you.” I should have known she was just protecting us. My mom loves Brooklyn.

“Thank you so much. I’m sure we could have covered it up if we saw them.”

“No, sweetie, you couldn’t have. You two are too much in love. Don’t think I didn’t hear things from Vic or see things when I was up here just now.” Vic’s a little snitch. He probably told her more than what was going on.

“I will do anything to keep her safe.”

“I know you will. You’re good to her and she’s very lucky to have you.”

“Can I tell you something?” She sits on my bed.

“Sure, sweetie.” I can’t believe I’m about to say this. No one knows except for Cameron.

“I already have the ring. I carry it everywhere just waiting for the perfect moment.” I think she starts to tear up.

“You’ll find that moment very soon. Oh, this is amazing. My baby is going to get married.”

“Not for a while, ma.”

“So, are you going to move in with her?”

“We’ll figure that out when I actually propose.”

“I guess that is a good idea. Do you have an idea when this moment is?”

“Well, I’ve had a few ideas, but we always got interrupted.” She sits there for a minute, then understands.

“I am so sorry! I had no idea!”

“It’s okay. I asked her on a repeat first date and I’m hoping the moment comes up tomorrow night.”

“You have grown in to quite the romantic. I remember when you were seven and said you would never fall in love because it was gross.”

“Yeah, I remember that, too."

“Now look at all the girls you’ve dated and the one that you’ve fallen in love with.”

“I’ve fallen in love with most of the girls I dated.”

“And?” She gives me a look waiting for the rest.

“And none of them felt near as good as it does with Brooklyn.”

“There we go. You two will be really happy together. Whenever you do propose.” She goes to make dinner and I call Cameron. I’m proposing tomorrow and nothing is going to stop me.

***************************************
.