Not Going Home Alone

Zach and Ariel

Zach’s POV:

I am going to propose to Brooklyn within the next hour. I am smiling the whole way to her apartment. I go down the familiar halls and get to her door. I just know she’ll look amazing. 5 minutes later, she still hasn’t answered. I go to Morgan’s door.

“Please tell me Brooklyn’s in the hospital, but she’s going to live. You two were in a deadly crash, but you survived enough to come tell me.” Morgan looks so worried when she opens the door.

“I was hoping you would tell me that Brooklyn is over here getting ready for our repeat date.” That doesn’t help her, or me.

“So where is she?” Morgan asks.

“I have no idea. She does still love me, doesn’t she?”

“Oh my gosh, Zach! Of course she does! We spent all of yesterday picking out what she was going to wear because we both had a good feeling about today.”

“That feeling was right. I was going to propose to her. My poor Brooklyn, what if she’s hurt?”

“No, Zach, don’t think like that. She’s fine, okay? We have to believe this.” I can tell by her face that she doesn’t believe it for a second.

“Okay, if you insist on it.”

“Dang it, Zach, stop talking like that. You are scaring me more than I already am.”

“I’m sorry.” I stand there awkwardly, not sure what to do or say.

“It’s okay to hug me. Friends do that kind of thing in a time like this.” I hug and she starts crying.

“Do you want me to call Cameron? I can have him come over here.” She wipes her tears away.

“No, I’ll be fine. Call me if anything changes and I’ll call you if I hear something.”

“Sound good. Morgan, we will find here. I won’t give up.”

“Thanks, Zach.” I walk off and run in to the last person I want to see right now.

“How are you, Zach?”

“Go away, Ariel. I do not want to see you right now. Some things are going on and I don’t really want to talk about it.”

“Did your little girlfriend blow you off?”

“No, she did not blow me off. No one knows where she is, but she wouldn’t do this to me.” I have to believe that she is perfectly fine.

“What if I said I knew where she was?”

“You better tell me right now. Ariel, I’m tired of your stupid little games. I do not love you, or even like you. Seeing you disgusts me.”

“Well, then, I don’t want to disgust you. Bye! Hope you find her, but I know you won’t. She’s in a safer place now.” Ariel knows something and is enjoying every minute of this.

“Is she with another guy?” Brooklyn wouldn’t do that, especially on a night like this. I just need to mark off my options.

“Who knows? See ya.” She waves and walks away, laughing at the joke that she’s playing on me. I don’t know what Ariel and Alison are doing, but I know their behind all of this.

“I’m so sorry, Brooklyn. I will look for you until my last breath.”

******************************************************