Not Going Home Alone

Saved

Brooklyn’s POV:

The police come downstairs and set us free.

“Those girls won’t bother anyone for a long time.” Morgan and Cameron run downstairs after them.

“Brooklyn, you’re okay! We were all so worried about you. You know, there was one day that I told Zach to go home and sleep, he said he wouldn’t go home alone.” I smile and look at Zach.

“Just like your cover of Wanna Dance with Somebody.”

“Yes, Brooklyn.” I run over to him and kiss him.

“So, does this mean you can handle it?”

“Yes, Zach, I can handle it. No matter what we may go through, you have my back and I have yours. That’s what you do when you love someone.” He smiles and pulls me closer.

“I've missed this so much.”

“Zach, it was only a week.” If he’s going to get clingy, I may be rethinking everything.

“No, when we were apart. That was the stupidest thing I ever did.”

“But, Zach….” He doesn't need to go there, and I try to tell him until he cuts me off.

“Let me finish. It was stupid of me to break up with you, then not run after you. I should have told you about those girls from the very beginning.” He looks like he’s about to say more, so I kiss him.

“What were you saying?” I ask him.

“I have no idea.”

“Love birds, move it. Cam and I missed a week of wedding plans so we could help you.” I look at Morgan and Cameron.

“Okay, let’s get out of here. I have been down here way too long.” When we walk out, the police are taking notes and talking to each other. I wave and they wave back, surprised. We spend the afternoon planning, then I get the words I really want.

“No offense, Brooklyn, but I think I’m going to get a real wedding planner.” Cameron says it so nice.

“No offense, Cameron, but that makes me really happy.”

“Yes! I get a planner! This is going to be a fairy tale wedding.” Morgan runs to Cameron, knocking his chair back. They both end up on the floor laughing.

“Zach, what are we going to do with our friends?” I look at him and he wraps his arm around me.

“I have no idea.” He laughs.

“Partay!” Michael busts through the door of Morgan’s apartment and jumps on top of them.

“Mikey!” Selena tries to get him, but she’s laughing too hard.

“We are so dysfunctional.” Cameron says when he finally gets up.

“That’s why we’re all so perfect for each other.” Morgan says.

“Oh, yeah, good point there.”

“Well, everyone out of the apartment. Cameron and I are going over to his house. I have to measure his sisters for dresses.”

“What about me?” She cannot leave me out of this.

“You’re appointment is tomorrow.”

“They’re going to be pink dresses.” Cameron says, less than excited.

“With a pink sparkly band across the middle. Get it right, Cam.” She kisses him and he looks at me for help.

“It’s her wedding. You should have known this was her from the beginning.” Then he gets a huge grin. He's about to make her really mad with something.

“The guys will be in lime green tuxes.” Her face drops. She can't stand lime green. Or green at all.

“Don’t even go there!”

“Pink dresses, green tuxes.” They chase each other out. Mikey and Selena leave to where ever. Zach and I go to my apartment.

“Brooklyn, we didn’t get our repeat date, so how about tonight?”

“Zach, that sounds amazing. I’ll see you in a few hours.”

“I’ll be here at 7. Don’t get kidnapped this time.”

“I’ll try not to.” We kiss and he leaves. This is really the night that he’s going to propose.

*****************************************