Status: Contemplating on making a story out of this...

This Is Our Life

Happy Birthday.

My day had been bad, and I’m pretty sure that in itself was an understatement. Work had been tedious, the bistro was busier than ever since it was already nearing the holidays. So, I was thoroughly annoyed. It was also my birthday... Which everyone and their mothers had forgotten about. I wasn’t one to worry much about birthdays, but it’s not every day that someone turned nineteen! I did feel like it was a big deal for me.

My parents and siblings had called and wished me a happy birthday. That was the usual routine. Just a call, but you know the thing that hit me the most... My boyfriend hadn’t called me once or even showed up on my doorstep wishing me a happy birthday. I wasn’t even mad, we did live together and he was due home soon, but it did still have me feeling down in the dumps.

He probably had some important meeting somewhere and couldn’t text me, or I don’t know.

I set my stuff down and sunk into my comfy sofa and pulled out my phone. It was time for me to wallow out in my sorrows as I signed in on twitter.
Once Liam's and my relationship had gone public, my Twitter followers went through the roof, something that I had forgotten about completely. Took me by surprise once I had logged in. It was crazy, people from everywhere wanted to know who I was. I constantly was badgered with tweets, hate, and love. They didn’t bother me. I felt nothing towards the hate sent my way, meaningless pieces of words that held nothing but jealously. My mother taught me better than just to wallow in self-pity about how people, that I didn’t even know, hated me. She had given me that advice, as soon as I'd told her I was dating a world famous member of a boyband.

A shit tone of people tweeted me a happy birthday. I replied thank you to a few, which caught sight of many other people and then the massive boatload of tweets started to crowd my feed. One tweet stood out, as a few usually did.

@Directioner4ever: @Katie_Jenson10, why hasn’t @Real_Liam_Payne, tweeted Happy Birthday to you yet!

I frowned. Good question, but I put on a front and replied to her. There was no harm in answering a curious question.

@Katie_Jenson10: @Directioner4ever he’s been really busy today and wasn’t able to tweet anything. xx

Liam had better grovel at my feet if he was going to get out of this mess.
I searched through my feed for a few minutes. Favoriting a few tweets, retweeting a few people, and then I tweeted something sweet and simple.

@Katie_Jensen10: Thank you all for all those birthday wishes! It means so much. xx <3 Off for the night.

I logged off and set my phone down. Literally, none of the lads had tweeted me. Liam wasn’t home yet, so I supposed he was going to crash at one of the guy's flats. Like he usually did when he had a busy day and he was too far from our flat. I got up and headed to our room to go get ready for bed.

After taking a relaxing shower, I put on a pair of Liam’s shorts and his favorite Batman shirt. It smelled like him, which put a worse damper on my mood. I hadn’t seen him in a week even though he was home, since he was out with the boys doing promotions and other band related stuff, I was busy with Uni and work. Such a hassle. I grabbed my laptop and went to the den, and borrowed myself on the love seat. I had decided to see if any of my friends were on Skype.

Just as I had signed on, the front door started making noise, like someone trying to open it. I was sure it was Liam, or my best friends, or really anyone Liam and I had given a key too. Still, it was ten-thirty and he was the only person I had excepted to show up around this time. I bit my lip, a half of me was mad that he had missed my whole birthday, and the other was understanding that he had work and that was super important. Conflicted feelings crowded me.

“Katie?” he beautiful baritone voice resounded throughout the apartment.

I sighed softly, he had that kind of effect on me. He was too damn cute. I wasn't going to lie, I did miss him, from of not seeing him for a week, since he got home. I thought I’d see a lot of him, but nothing.
I stayed put and mindlessly browsed through my computer, keeping busy. Shuffling was heard as he stepped his way through our apartment. He walked to the kitchen and I heard things being set down, seconds later his footsteps were coming towards the den, where he knew I’d be. I had always waited for him there, consciously or subconsciously.

“I’m so sorry,” was the second thing he said to me.

Liam didn’t move from the entrance into the den. He knew when I was mad I didn’t want him near me. I couldn’t look up, that meant I had to stare at his adorable face. Which I’m sure he looked like a kicked puppy. Hurt crawled through me, he could have at least texted me something. Something was better than nothing.

“It’s okay,” I said softly, my voice caught in my throat. I had forgiven him already, I always did. Liam brought out the best in me.

I stared at the computer screen still and put it down on the coffee table. My eyes had become watery and tears were threatening to spill over. He rushed over to me and collected me into his strong arms as tears now spilled over. He muttered a few sorry’s over and over. I buried my face into his shoulder and cried. It took a few minutes before my sobs came to a halt. Even though he hadn’t done anything on purpose, I did feel hurt.

Liam lifted my chin and our eyes met. His smoldering dark honey colored eyes were full of love, and sadness.

“I should have called you,” he muttered and frowned.

I shook my head and sent him a forced smile.
“I’m fine really,” I traced a finger down his jawline. “I’m being overemotional.”

Liam shook his head and his frown deepened.
“I’m a rubbish boyfriend,” he sighed and buried his face into my hair. “I’m so sorry Katie, Happy Birthday, love.” His whispers sent shivers down my spine. I hugged him around the waist, not wanting to let go, as we held each other. “I love you.”

I pulled away and kissed his lips lightly.
“I love you too,” I said, sending him a light look. “It’s okay if you forgot.”

Liam shook his head furiously.
“No! I didn’t forget,” he exclaimed slightly and gave me a determined look. “My phone actually broke today, and then the people took our phones away and I didn’t have time to do anything. Much less sleep and I swear I didn’t forget your birthday. I was really contemplating taking a fan’s phone and texting you. I decided on coming home, that was the better option.”

This time I really looked at him. Liam looked physically drained. Slight bags were under his eyes and he looked like he hadn’t slept in days.

“I understand,” I said with a sigh and ran my hand through his fuzzy head, which was growing back slowly. “You have a job to do, and I support you through it all.”

He nuzzled my cheek and placed a kiss on it. Without saying anything he pulled me up from the sofa and led me into the kitchen.

“My job is to make you happy,” he said, a hint of a smirk lay on his lips. “and I haven’t done that job so well. I hope this makes up for it.”

As Liam and I walked into our kitchen, on the counter I saw a cake, that said Happy Birthday Katie, to my wonderful and loving girlfriend. Surrounding it were balloons and cards and little presents. My eyes widened and I rushed over to the counter. The cards were from various friends, from back in the States and the lads themselves, and one from Simon Cowell.
It was so sweet, all of it, I had even spotted one from Eleanor. I turned to Liam and attacked him with a hug.

"I love it, thank you Li," I squeezed him then attacked the things on the counter.

I read through Louis' card and laughed. He never failed to put a smile on my face.
"Don't come complaining to me that you're getting older. Clearly, I'm older, so don't remind me that when you get older I do as well. I'm sorry we didn't get to spend your birthday with you, I love you. You're like one of my many sisters. Happy Birthday lovely. "
–Louis

I smirked and set the card down, I turned back around and Liam wasn't there. Confused, I ventured into the living room and frowned, the lights were off and it was pitch black. He was nowhere in sight.

"Babe?" I called tentatively.

"Surprise!" The lights flew on and the shouts nearly gave me a heart attack.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed and placed a hand over my heart.

The living room was full, all the boys were there. Eleanor, the Little Mix girls, Andy, Josh, the other members of the band, and Ed. Even my two best friends, Olivia and Quinn, were there too. I was really surprised, and that didn't happen often.

"A surprise party?" I gave Liam a look as he walked over to me.

He shrugged but a smile enshrouded his features.
"Last minute thing to make up for today," he gave me a sheepish look.

I rolled my eyes. The gesture was really sweet. But before I could say hello to everyone I slipped into our room and changed into something presentable and then went out the enjoy my last minute surprise party.

The boys all attacked me with bone crushing hugs, especially Niall. It was crazy, the rest of the night I spent it with my closest friends, whistlist getting sloshed with them and drunkenly singing with Andy about God knows what. All I remember was Harry video taping us, and Liam doing a twitcam about my party.

The next day I woke up with a horrible hangover, but still had my hazy memories. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and went through the notifications that crowded it. They were from the lads, Andy, and other people. I remembered a few things from last night, but everything was a bit fuzzy. I looked on Twitter and saw that Liam and Andy had posted a few pictures up. Liam had posted one of us, earlier in the night side by side. I smiled, it was a cute one.

@Real_Liam_Payne: My lovely girlfriend @Katie_Jensen10. At her party, Happy Birthday, love you lots babe. twitpic.com/jsgy6 xx

He was so sweet. Then there was Andy. Drunk tweeting.
@AndySamuels31: I'm soo fucking drunk its nt even funny. Hapopy birthayy @Katie_Jensen10. Crazy bitch, luv u. twitpic.com/etya8

Now that picture he took of us was one for the books. We were both on top of my couch and we looked like we were singing into some hairbrushes. How that came to be, I would never know.
"Good morning," a deep voice, interrupted my search, through my twitter feed. Liam's breath tickled my ear, as he snuggled into my back.

"Morning," I winced at the pounding in my head, I shifted slightly so that I faced him, and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you for showing up."

He grinned slightly.
"For you, I will always show up," he nudged my neck with his nose.

"Liam Payne, ever the romantic," I made to get up but Liam pulled me to him and hugged me like a teddy bear.

"I love you," he mumbled into my neck, sending shivers down my spine, he even went as far and quoted one of their songs and sang it softly. "I find your lips, so kissable, and your kiss unmissable, your finger tips so touchable, and your eyes, irresistible."

I kissed him fully on the lips and pulled away.
"I love you more, you're the best," I traced a finger down his jawline, which was a habit I had started up, and I knew he loved when I did that. "Now how about we get up and see who stayed over from yesterday. If Harry's here, I'll make him cook."

He agreed gleefully and we got up. I pulled on his burgundy Brit jumper, bringing it back for old times' sake and another pair of his shorts, we interlocked fingers and walked to see the leftover of the disaster. I saw people passed out in nearly every corner, Zayn and Perrie looked to be cuddling in the love seat, I thought I saw Harry and Eleanor cuddled up with Louis in the middle of them.
I nudged Liam and pointed over to them, he smirked and snapped a photo. Saving it for later.

Quinn had her he head in Niall's lap, while they sprawled out on the sofa. I caught a glimpse of Olivia laying next to Harry. Liam proceeded to go wake the sleeping people up and I walked into the kitchen, finding out that Josh and Andy were doing a twitcam from my laptop at the bar counter.

"Top of the morning to you lads," I greeted and walked over to the cabinets.

"Say hello to nearly 100,000 people!" Andy had turned to the laptop, to face me and my hangover glory.

I glared at the snickering boys and waved to the camera, fully aware the clothes I wore wasn't mine.

"Morning, afternoon and goodnight to all of you," I shot them a smile and I grabbed the lovely paracetamol extra strength bottle, and poured myself a cup of water.

"Whoa, they're all commenting on how you had," Andy paused for dramatic effect, I rolled my eyes. "Birthday sex!" He and Josh had exclaimed, I downed the pills with water and shook my head. The camera was still facing me.

"I think these two are still drunk," I said into the webcam. "They're mental I tell you."

I walked over to the fridge to get something in my empty stomach.
"Get it in girl!" Andy started reading off some of the comments. "Where's Liam? Stay away from him you bitch."

Josh frowned and glared slightly at the camera. But before he was able to defend me Liam popped up from behind.
"Don't call my girlfriend a bitch," he stuck his tongue out at the camera and walked over to me.

Andy and Josh were giggling like school girls when they saw Liam embracing me as I searched for food.
"It's the morning after the disaster in Liam and Katie's flat," Andy proceeded to tell God knows how many people.

"It's hell in here I tell you, but it was buzzin' last night," Josh smiled, which I'm sure that it sent many girls into cardiac arrest. He squinted to read the comments and in my peripherals, I saw him smirk. "What are Leeyum and Kit-Kat doing you ask?"

Once again they had turned the webcam to face us.
"They're spooning!" A raspy voice exclaimed. "No spooning in my kitchen!"

It was Harry in all his glory. Literally all his glory, thankfully Andy or Josh didn't turn the camera to face him, management would be on our asses like no tomorrow.

"Not your kitchen!" I shouted and threw a plastic cup at him, he flinched and ducked out of the way. The cup hit the wall. "Go put some damn clothes on!"

"400,000 views now!" Josh exclaimed with a smirk and read a comment. "Give me some of your gravy Harry!"

A chorus of laughter filled the kitchen. Liam nearly choked on the water he was drinking.
"I don't want to," Harry crossed his arms, clearly not ashamed of his nakedness. "and I'm really hungry at the moment so I'd rather not."

"Shit bro, I was not expecting to see a very naked Harry when I woke up," Olivia commented and eyed Harry up and down, looking very impressed at his urm... package.

She saw Andy and Josh on the laptop, which was facing them and walked over to them.
"I just saw Harry Styles naked! I'm set for life bitches!" She exclaimed and ran out of the room.

"How the fuck did you even get naked?" Andy frowned at Harry, who was leaning against the counter, with his phone. "Damn, not even I can get naked that fast."

"I didn't need to know that Andy," I glared at him, he just stuck his tongue out.

"I don't care, I prefer you don't walk around like that when there are woman preset," Liam rolled his eyes at Harry.

"You're not my mother!" Harry grinned and winked at me, which I rolled my eyes and walked back to the living room.

The others were awake, and I saw Harry's discarded clothes. I greeted the ones awake and grabbed his clothes and walked back into the kitchen and walked up behind Andy and Josh.

"Stark naked this one," I motioned to the clothes in hand, Andy turned the laptop so that it only caught Harry's upper body.

Harry made a face at the camera and ducked down behind the counter. They turned the laptop back and went on talking. I threw his clothes at him and took a seat on the stool.

"When you're decent make us food! You have, Andy, Josh, Liam, Louis, Eleanor, Olivia, Quinn, Perrie, Zayn, Niall, yourself and I to feed," I smiled and fiddled with my phone.

I saw him blanch once he pulled on just his boxer briefs and pants. I rolled my eyes.
"Are you putting me through hell just because I stripped in your flat?" Harry questioned opening cabinets and drawers, taking things out to start cooking.

"Yes she is, frankly I am too, Harold," Liam poked on of Harry's ever present dimples and took a seat next to me.

"Zayn! Are you okay?" We all heard, which came from the living.

That was followed by a loud string of curses from the Bradford boy. This caused Josh to promise to do another twitcam later, deeming our morning after wasn't suitable for the public. Gee, he could've ended as soon as a naked Harry walked into the kitchen.

"I slammed my forehead into your coffee table," Zayn muttered walking into the kitchen, he held his head in his hand, and Perrie walked in next to him. "I think it dented my forehead."

"There's an ice pack in the freezer," I told Perrie, who had sat Zayn down on the stool near the wall, to the right of myself.

"Of course ya did mate," Niall's infectious laughed filled the kitchen. "I wouldn't put it past you." He saw Harry, who had started to cook, and proceeded in trying to steal some of the pancake batter.

"No Niall shoo!" Harry tried shoving the Irishman lightly.

"Out of my kitchen!" Harry finally gave up and conceded on kicking Ireland out.

"He's going back to his X Factor days," Niall frowned and took a seat on the other side of Liam.
Liam shrugged and then laughed as Perrie placed the ice pack on Zayn's forehead. He was still mumbling curses and wishing death onto my coffee table.

I smiled warmly. These people were my family, and I wouldn't trade them up for anything.

A very happy birthday to me indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was inspired to write this one, by scrolling through tumblr, and by watching Andy and Josh's twit cam, like nearly a month ago or so. It's crazy I know.
This has been sitting in my drafts for a while now. Anyways....
I may make this into a story. Not so sure yet, but I thought this was cute... I guess.
Thank you for reading. Let me know if you liked it! and thoughts whether I should start a story or not!
xx

Btw- Idk if those twitter accounts exist... and yeah.