Status: A fluffeh one-shot

The Sweetest Kind of Love

1/1

The Sweetest Kind Of Love (Jatt):
**************************************


Johnny Seward walked around tthe massive yard of the house he shared with his longtime boyfriend, Matt Sanders, shaking a container of cat food.

"Here, Oreo. C'mon, kitty, it's time to eat," he called out, becoming a little panicked when the unique looking little stray kitten he'd been feeding for weeks didn't come scampering out to the sound of the hard morsels of food hitting the plastic of the container it was in as it normally did. He stopped and concentrated on listening, feeling dejected when there were no mewls either.

Johnny bit on his bottom lip and ran around, frantically searching for the little kitten in any place she could hide that he could think of. After nearly an hour, he went back inside and ran upstairs to his bedroom, flinging himself onto the bed in tears. He knew he should have taken the chance to grab the tiny creature during one of its feedings because now, he had no idea at all where the animal was or if it was being cared for properly.

Johnny was still in bed, silent tears continuing to streak his face, when Matt arrived home a couple of hours later.

"Baby? Baby, what's the matter?" Matt asked, sitting down on the side of the bed and placing a gentle hand on the small of Johnny's back. "Johnny, talk to me. HOW can I fix what's wrong if you don't tell me?"

Johnny took a deep, shaky breath and then slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position, sniffling and wiping at his tears.

"Awww, baby, what's wrong?" Matt asked softly, his heart breaking at the mere sight of Johnny in tears.

"I w-went out-outside to f-feed Oreo and...and I couldn't find her anywhere!" Johnny cried.

"Maybe someone found her, took her in and gave her a good home," Matt reasoned.

"Or sh-she could have been h-hurt or...or ki..."

Matt put his hand over his boyfriend's mouth. "Shhh. Oreo will be just fine. I promise, and ya know that I never break my promises to YOU. Don't worry about Oreo."

Johnny nodded his head as Matt removed his hand from his mouth and pulled him into his arms, signing softly to calm his boyfriend. Once Johnny had fallen asleep, Matt laid him down on their bed and covered him with a blanket. He pressed a light kiss to the middle of the sleeping man's forehead and then quietly left the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A couple of days later - the day before Johnny's birthday...


"So, he's still broken up over the kitten?" Ziah Baker asked.

"Yeah," Matt nodded his head and sighed. "We talked about taking her in, but she went missing before we could."

"Well, there is this cute little patchwork kitten that came into my clinic early this morning. Maybe you could check her out and see what ya think. She needs a GOOD home, and I can't think of a better home than with you, Johnny and Bella."

"Why not take her home with you?"

"C'mon, Mattie, you know that Icky and Majesty wouldn't allow another cat into our family...and neither would Mischief," Ziah added with a huge smile at the thought of her black Siamese kitten.

Matt laughed. "Yeah, Zacky told me how that little kitten has put Icky and Majesty into their places already."

"Like we ever doubted that she would," Ziah laughed. "She even has Zacky trained, and she's only been with us for a month." She and her new husband, married for a little shy of a month, had found the little black kitten in their vast back yard, snuggled up to their ginormous Great Dane.

"Gives a whole NEW meaning to pussy whipped," Matt smirked.

Ziah rolled her eyes and shook her head as she led the way through her veterinary clinic, to the quiet, comfortable area where she housed animals in desperate need of loving homes.

"The kitten I'm talking about is in the last cage on the left. She came in with a few superficial cuts and bruises that will heal over time. She's really sweet, a little shy, but once she gets to know you, she's all about the cuddling, which I'm sure Johnny will love."

"Yep." Matt walked to the cage that Ziah mentioned. He about passed out when he saw the little kitten look up at him with one blue eye and one strikingly green eye that had become so familiar to him and his boyfriend. "Oh my God."

"What?" Ziah asked, confused.

"It's her! It's Oreo!"

"Yeah, we named her Oreo because she's half-black and half-white."

"No, Ziah, this is the kitten that I was telling you about! The one that Johnny fell in love with so quickly."

"Great. That just makes everything so much EASIER. It's settled then, you are soooo taking her home with you," Ziah smiled brightly.

"Oh, I definitely WILL. She's such a unique kitten."

"She's a Chimera kitten."

"A what?" Matt asked, totally confused by what the hell his little sister was talking about.

"A Chimera kitten. It's a kitten that's basically its own fraternal twin. It's when two fertilized eggs have fused together. It means that the resulting animal is a mixture of two different kitties and look uniquely gorgeous."

"That Oreo is," Matt smiled. "Oh, and thank you so much for the free feline biology lesson."

"Bite me," Ziah rolled her eyes and flipped a middle finger up at her brother.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Matt set the tiny animal carrier down on the coffee table and then plopped down on the couch. He stuck a big red bow on top of the carrier with a huge smile across his face. The smile grew as he heard Johnny tinkering around in the kitchen.

Matt leaned forward and peered into the carrier at the tiny kitten looking up at him and put his finger up to his lips. "Shhh, we're gonna surprise Johnny." He gently rubbed Oreo's little nose with a finger on his other hand. "Hey, Johnny? Baby, could you come into the living room, please? It won't take all that long," he called out.

"Be right there, babe," Johnny called back before he made his way into the room just a few seconds later. "What is it?"

"Well, I know that tomorrow is your birthday, but I just couldn't resist giving you THIS present right away, though."

"What is it?" Johnny asked, eyeing the carrier curiously.

"Open it and find out."

"Matt..."

"Oh, c'mon, what could it hurt? Pwease?" Matt pouted, sticking his bottom lip out to add to the overall effect.

Johnny rolled his eyes and sighed, taking a seat right next to his boyfriend. "Fine. Enough with the puppy dog eyes. I'm opening it." He leaned forward, opened the carrier's little door slowly and then cautiously reached inside. His eyes widened in shock as Oreo meowed up at him. "Oh my GOD! You found her! You found her! Where...where did you find her?"

"Someone actually brought her into my sister's clinic this morning. She said that she couldn't take her, and then I saw her and KNEW that Oreo was MEANT to be yours."

"Ours. Oreo is MEANT to be OURS," Johnny stated firmly, placing a gentle kiss to the kitten's pink and black nose.

"So...do you like your early birthday present?"

"Of course, I do. I love her. I LOVE you."

"I love you, too, baby," Matt smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was an idea that I had a long time ago and finally got around to writing it.