Status: New One I've been working on!!

Unconditional

Go In For The Kill

"You need to just let us jump him! It would have been easier." Tony, Vanessa's middle brother and lead guitarist groaned.

"Easier for who?" She asked confused.

"All of us. I mean Joe needs an ass kicking. Pulling that kind of shit on my little sister and nephew! I told you he was doing drugs." He began to preach.

Vanessa put her hand up. "Please stop. Try and be quiet about this. I still haven't told Noah what is going on. He doesn't understand-"

Tony interruppted her "That he's a shithead."

"No why he isn't allowed to see his daddy." She sighed. "Just let me do this please."

Vanessa was in the apartment packing up as much as possible. Tony was at work and she needed to get what she could. Her brother and other bandmates were helping load up the cars.

"Hey Ness, want to take Noah's bed?" Tommy asked.

"No. I don't have a place for it yet."

"Ok I've got all his toys. Jordan has all his clothes and shit." Tommy informed her.

"I got all your records, books, photo albums, CDs and record player. What else?" Christian said walking into the room.

"Can you get the china? It's in the top cabinet. Just be careful!" She warned. He saluted her walking away.

"I'm going to take these down." Tony told her. He grabbed two bags and the suitcase she finished packing. She grabbed her favorite pillow and the blanket her grandma made her. She took a look at the half empty room. She never thought she would be leaving. "Ness the movers are here! Mom said to take Noah's bed!!" Her brother called out.

"Ok." She grabbed the blue tape, went into Noah's room and marked his bed with the blue tape. "Guys everything with the blue tape I'm taking." The movers nodded. It wasn't much she was taking, just the antiques she inherited.

"What the hell Nessa!" She heard. Vanessa turned around dreading the man she was seeing.

"Joe leave her alone. She's not cleaning you out. She's taking what she came here with." Tony told him coming from the kitchen.

"Can we talk?" Joe pleaded. "Please about Noah at least?"

"I don't want him alone with you. Until you are clean and well you may see your son at my mom's." She said softly. "I want a divorce Joe. I can't be with you. It isn't healthy for us or Noah. I love you, but this is the end. We have to get along for Noah's sake." She was going to stand her ground.

"You're right. I'm-I'm fucking sorry shit ended this badly. I want-I need to be better for Noah. Just don't take my kid from him." Joe began sobbing quietly. "I fucked up bad didn't I?"

Nessa nodded. "Between us yes. But there is still time for Noah. If you're serious about cleaning up I need proof that you're going to rehab." She left with that being said and walked out of the apartment.

For the first time in years, she felt good about the direction of her life. It was the best feeling in the world at this moment. This was exactly what she needed.

"Feel better?" Tony asked waiting by the car.

"Like a weight was lifted." She sighed relief. "Now let's go. I have a plane to catch tonight."

******H**********C****************S***************E******

"Mommy, do we get to see Philip?" Noah asked Nessa while in the taxi.

"Yes we will." she smiled down at him. She was just as excited to see Phil again. It was rare they saw one another. Both were workoholics and constantly on the move. They kept in the touch through the phone, that was their lifeline.

Phil greeted them outside the hotel wearing his black hoodie and torn up jeans. Noah immediately jumped out of the cab running to him. "Philip!!!" He yelled running into the older man's arms. Phil caught him hugging him tight.

"How are ya buddy?" He laughed.

"I tired. Mommy and daddy had a fight." Noah sighed holding him tight.

"Everything's going to be alright. Promise." Phil reassured him.

Vanessa finished paying the driver and turned to see Phil and Noah having a moment. She smiled at the sight. She began to get that small feeling in the pit of her stomach she got everytime she was around Phil. She shook her head trying to shake the feeling off.

"Nessa, you better come join in the hug!" Phil laughed. She rolled her eyes and hugged Noah and Phil. "Now, let's go get settle so we can get some food."

"Where's Maria?" She asked following him inside.

"Interviews." He stated. There was something off about his tone. She knew it meant he wanted to drop the subject and move on. She checked in and pushed the elevator button to go upstairs. The only conversation was Noah talking to Phil about his school and how much he liked it.

Once they put everything away they grabbed a taxi to the nearest deli. Phil looked over at his best friend smiling. It literally felt as if too much time had passed since he last saw her. "How are you holding up?"

She shrugged. "The best I can." He could clearly hear the sadness in her voice.

"Hey Noah, are you really hungry?" He asked changing the subject. He knew it wasn't the right time to bring things up.

"Yes! I could eat a rabbit I so hungry!"

"You mean cow?" Nessa asked laughing.

"No that's too big for me rabbit is just right!" Noah said giving a toothy grin.

Phil and Nessa laughed at the young boy. When the taxi came to a stop, they piled out into the sidewalk. Phil paid this time. They ordered thier food and took a seat. Noah began eating and talking with his trains Phil saw an opportunity to start a conversation.

He cleared his throat to get her attention. "I'm really glad you came. I've missed you-I mean both of you."

"We've missed you too. Noah hasn't stopped talking about you since I booked the flight."

"How is he holding up with everything?"

"Better than I expected. He still asks questions, I'm honest about them. Joe calls him daily. He talked to him about his problems in terms Noah could understand."

"I know this sounds repeadative, but everything will eventually be ok." Phil said softly reaching for her hand sitting on the table. He caressed it gently offering her a smile.

"Thank you. It means alot." She smiled back. She tried hard not to read into his actions. "Thank you for being there."

He shrugged pulling his hand back. "That's what friends are for. I'll always be here for you."

Vanessa gave him a weak smile. She hated when he said they were just friends. She always wished for more, but it never happened. They ate in silence. Phil and Noah continued to have random conversations until it was time to go to sleep. Once he was out Phil and vanessa sat on her bed watching the news quietly.

"Hey Phil?" Nessa asked breaking the silence. She had a serious question on her mind.

"What's up?"

"Is everything ok with you and Maria?"

He sighed dreading this question. "No. We broke up a couple of weeks ago."

"I'm sorry. Why didn't you say anything?" She was concerned but inside she did a little dance. She never really care for Maria.

He shrugged unfazed. "Doesn't matter. That's life. Some people come and go. Didn't really feel like talking about it."

Vanessa sighed frustrated. She should have known he would try to brush the subject off. Something bad must have happened. She could tell by the tone of his voice. She decided not to push it any further. She hated when he snapped at her.

Phil looked over at her shaking his head. Sometimes he had a way of saying things and it not coming our right. "Sorry. The wound is still raw."

She looked back at him. "It's okay. I have to remember to not take it so personal." He smiled warmly. There was something so beautiful about her tonight that he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Phil, you're staring." Nessa giggled uncomfortably.

He blushed embarrassed. "Sorry. You look so beautiful."

She rolled her eyes. He always tried flattering her with words like this from time to time. "Shut up. You're talking crazy."

"I'm serious." He sighed grabbing her hand. "Every time I see you, you get even more beautiful. If that's even possible."

Her face got hot and her mouth began to water. She was lost for words. She never expected him to be so dead serious about it. "Um....Thank you?"

He laughed at her reaction. She was never good with compliments. He leaned in closer to her face. "I'm serious. You're fucking beautiful." He looked down at her lips. "I wish you could see your beauty, Ness. You mean a lot to me."

Vanessa stayed paralyzed with the touch of his face on her cheek. She was pretty sure she knew where this was all going and she wasn't sure if she wanted it to happen. "You mean a lot to me too."

His face lit up at her words. He needed to do this now. He wanted to know what her lips tasted like. He wanted her. He was going to finally brave up to his feelings to his best friend. Before Nessa knew what was happening:

He leaned in closed and kissed her lips softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments! I love to read them and your reactions. Hope you enjoy!