Phantom of the Rock Opera

The Light Behind Your Eyes

That night it rained, it was a calming sound. Frank just listened to it, half asleep. But he stayed awake, despite the sleep that threatened to take him over.

Gerard was sound asleep in the bed, and Frank just watched him. He was beautiful. The countless hours he spent watching the boy and teaching him were nothing compared to this. He was so close, so....he couldn't exactly describe it, but it was a nice feeling.

Honestly, he expected to scare Gerard away. But he didn't somehow. Slowly, quietly, he walked over to his piano and started playing keys softly. The alarm clock by his bed read 5:30 AM. Frank really didn't sleep much, he was always up playing his guitar or something.

Tonight was no exception. He grabbed his notebook, one of several that were all over the basement, and started to write. Occasionally, he looked up at the sleeping Gerard before returning to what he was doing.

Gerard stirred then woke up, stretching and rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Wh....what the..." He looked around then at Frank, who was content in his writing and hadn't noticed the other boy was awake.

"Hello?" He got up, speaking louder. Frank looked up from his notebook and bit his lip. His hood covered his face, which Frank was thankful for. Gerard walked over slowly. "I thought this was all only a dream..."

"It is no dream, dear Gerard." He chuckled a bit before setting his guitar down and getting up.

Was the whole night real? As Gerard looked around, he realized it was. "Dear god..."

Frank chuckled and got up, moving closer to the other boy. Gerard walked closer and slowly removed Frank's hood. Frank looked away quickly, covering his face with his hands. "Look away!"

"Why do you hide your face?" Gerard tilted his head curiously, raising an eyebrow. "You're beautiful..."

"I am a monster." He swallowed hard and looked at Gerard. "You do not turn away...."

"I am not afraid. I have seen much worse..."

"Everyone else...they run away."

Gerard laughed. "But why? Just because you do not look like everyone else doesn't make you ugly. I think you are stunning."

Frank teared up and turned away. "We must get back." He put his hood back up. "The fools who run this place will miss you."

He turned back to Gerard and held out a hand. Gerard sighed then took it, letting Frank lead him back upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this doesn't exactly follow The Phantom of the Opera.

But I still think it was nice. Comments are appreciated(: