I Would

001

Victoria and Louis were sitting in the living room of his London flat, catching up on some things since he and the rest of One Direction had gotten back from tour.

“So Tor, fill me in. What's been going on with you?” Louis said as he rested his head in his hand with his elbow propping him up.

She shot him her perfect smile, brushed the hair out of her face, and began. “Lou, I met the greatest guy ever. His name is Andrew.”

Lou's stomach flipped over at the thought of Tori liking someone else.

“So, what's Andrew like?” he asked, almost hoping she wouldn't answer.

“Oh Lou, he's great. Drew is sensitive, talented, funny. He's just the guy I've always wanted. I swear, Lou, he's what I've been waiting for.”

“Sounds like a nice kid.” Louis croaked out.

“Oh he is, Lou! He's perfect!”

She continued, but Louis began to drown her beautiful voice out, not being able to listen to her talk about another boy.

Would he say he's in love? Well, if it was me than I would.

“Louis,” you started to hear her again. “Earth to Louis! Hello!” she was yelling at him.

Louis snapped back into reality to an unhappy Victoria. She had her arms folded across her chest, shaking her head at Louis.

“Why are you ignoring me Louis? You were the one that wanted to see me in the first place. You invited me over.” She said.

Louis sighed, and opened his mouth. “Look, Tori, I-I” he was cut off.

“You what? You're not happy for me? Is that what it is?”

“No, of course I'm happy for you. It's just, I-I-“ he just could not get the words out.

She rolled her eyes at Louis as she stood up and grabbed her things.

“Look, Lou, you seem a little out of whack. I'll see you some other time, ok?” she said as she headed for the door.

Louis tried to stop her, but she was already gone.

“I love you,” he finally said, but it was too late.

Louis threw himself on the couch, dozing off. His dreams were always about Tori, about how they would be together some day.

Up in my head, I'm your boyfriend. But that's one thing you already got.

Louis jumped up from his dream, realizing it was a nightmare. The nightmare included the marriage of Tori and this secret guy, Drew. It killed Louis to watch her walk down the aisle, even in his dreams.

He rubbed his head as he reached for his laptop, curious as to what Andrew actually looked like. Louis logged onto FaceBook, and searched through Tori's friends until finally finding this “Andrew” character.

It was worse than he thought. Andrew was everything Victoria had ever wanted. He was tall and very fit, complete with biceps and a nice chest. He had blond hair and piercing green eyes. He even had tattoos. She was not lying, Andrew is her dream guy.

I can't compete with your boyfriend, he's got twenty-seven tattoos.

The rest of the night consisted of Louis pacing back and forth, debating on whether or not to tell Victoria how he felt.

He could not help but feel that Victoria would laugh in his face and turn him down, considering they have known each other since the diaper days.

Louis slouched back onto the couch, and dazed off yet again. He awoke the next morning to a text from Tori.

“Hey Lou, sorry about yesterday. Was in a bit of a mood.. Let's get lunch?”

Louis thought to himself, “here is my chance, my chance to tell her.”

He answered immediately, accepting her offer to lunch. He sprung up from the couch and ran up the stairs to get himself ready.

Once finished, he hopped in his car to head over to Tori's favorite café in downtown London. He was super excited to see her, but more excited to tell her how he felt.

Louis locked his car as he walked across the street to the café. The bells on the door jingled when he opened it, causing Tori to turn around. Louis' smile turned to a frown once she saw a familiar fellow next to her.

Andrew.

Louis walked over to them, shocked that she would do this. Victoria and Andrew stood up to greet Louis. Victoria placed a hand on Andrew's chest while saying, “Louis, this is Andrew, you know, the guy I told you about?” Louis raised his eyebrows as Andrew put out a hand to give a proper greeting.

“Nice to meet you,” he said, his deep voice immideately drowning out Louis.

“Same to you.” Louis said, pulling his chair in.

Tori began to tell Louis all about Andrew, while Andrew sat their correcting everything she said. Louis could not help but think about jumping across the table and punching him.

Andrew seemed to be the man of her dreams on the outside. But his impeccable attitude made Louis want to scream.

Would he hold you when you're feeling low? Baby, you should know that I would.

Louis could not have been happier when the waitress brought the check over. The waitress stood around, expecting for Louis to take a picture. He stood up to take it, shook Andrew's hand, waved off Tori, and booked it.

He fled the restaurant, got in his car, and sped home. He was not home for ten seconds when he heard another set of wheels pull up in his gravel drive way.

A car door slammed, and a very angry Victoria was charging at him. Andrew stayed put in the front seat of his car.

“Who the hell do you think you are, Louis? How dare you do that to me, and in public even! What the hell is the matter with you?” Victoria was yelling at Louis, throwing her hands in the air along with her rant.

Louis opened his mouth, and shot his eyes over to see Andrew getting out of his car.

“Get back in your car, Andrew. You have nothing to do with this.” Louis shouted, as Andrew slid back into the car.

“Look Tori, I don't appreciate this right now. I come back from tour, wanting to see you more than ever and you spring this news that you found someone on me. You get angry at me for not listening to you, you run out of my house, invite me for lunch, bring him with you, and expect me to listen to you talk about him the whole time, while he completely disrespected you? I don't think so.”

Louis was fuming, the steam almost visible coming out of his ears. Victoria crossed her arms crossed her chest, and raised her eyebrows at him.

She looked confused, wondering why he cared so much.

“I don't get why you care so much. Every time I find a guy, you act like this. Why can't you just be happy for me, for once Louis?” she said, the tears forming slightly in her powder blue eyes.

Louis sighed, and knew what he had to say.

“I want you to be happy, Tori,” he started. “But I want you-“ he choked, “I want you to be happy with m-me.”

Tori pulled her hand up to her mouth, covering the 'o' shape she had formed.

“Oh my God..”, she said. “I cannot believe this.”

Louis looked towards the ground, trying to take back what he had just said.

Victoria stayed silent for a few moments before saying, “Why? Why wait until now, Lou?”

Louis did not know how to tell her that he's been in love with her since they were younger, so he shrugged his shoulders and tried to get the words out.

“Tori, I don't know. I jus-just didn't want to ruin anything. I went on tour with the hopes that I could get you out of my mind, but you kept coming up. I can't get you out of my head.”

Victoria looked back at Andrew in the car, fidgeting with boredom.

“But what about Andrew?” she whispered.

Louis looked at her, wondering if he should take this as her saying 'I want you too.'

“What about Andrew, Tor? Was it just me who heard the way that he spoke to you earlier? C'mon Tor.. You can do better.”
Tori let a tear fall from her eye, knowing that Louis was right. She turned around to see Andrew quietly pulling out of Louis' driveway, embarrassed that he would leave her there. She brought her hands to cover her crying eyes.

Louis stepped towards her, pulled her hands down, and wiped her eyes. Victoria had never had anyone wipe her tears away more than Louis. He had been there every time she had a boy issue, making Louis act as a walking diary.

“Lou, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I put you through all this. Ever since I was little, I've wanted you. But you never did anything to make me think you want me.” She continued on and on, but before she knew it, Louis' lips had cut her off.

The kiss they both had been waiting for. The kiss that would make each other realize that they were meant to be. The most meaningful kiss that the two had every shared with anyone.

Louis parted his lips from hers, opened his eyes and waited for Victoria to open hers up. She finally opened her eyes, while Louis' thump stroked her cheek.

“It's you, Tori. It's always had been and always will be you.”

Victoria's already rosy cheeks were a deeper shade of red as she formed her mouth into a smile.

There were no more “I would” thoughts running through Louis' head. From now on, his thoughts regarding Victoria were “I will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!
Feedback is much appreciated!
Massive thank you if you have read!
Xx