Status: In the Making... Comments = Love, and updates

Some Things You Just Can't Control

A little bit of Hope

Carlisle POV

It had been so long since I had seen Lane and his wife Rachel-Ann. About thirty years, however it had been about a year since I had seen Love and Ash. They were staying in London and I ran into them while headed to the Volturi for a meeting with Aro, Caius, and Marcus. Luckily Aro couldn’t see me meeting them along the way. That would have ended badly, and I can’t have them getting in trouble with the Volturi this early in the game.
The Wade family had always intrigued me, with their unique qualities and properties. Like how they had advanced metabolisms to a point where every year they would only gain a few pounds and it was all in muscle. I remember that day when Elle had been rolled into the hospital, not breathing and most likely almost dead. I was sworn to secrecy soon after that week of helping her to regain her health. I never knew that the Wade family was that closely related to our species. The only true differences being, they can get hurt, they age, and can die of heartache or overload.
After the introduction and Love’s little… incident, Lane and I left to his office to discuss what may or may not have just happened.
“Lane, did what I think happened, just happen?”
“It’s hard to say. One of her duties is to match people up together, and there is legend of a time when she herself will be finally matched to someone, however she will have to choose to be selfish or to give them to the one that may hold their heart forever. I just hope this isn’t that time. The last one with that job lived seven hundred years before having to make that choice that could ultimately end their lives, permanently.”
“We are probably throwing this way out of proportion; she probably just got a call to duty. I mean it does happen frequently, with her position being one of the more tiresome, along with Trista and the boys’.”
I just hope that we were right; I hope that time hadn’t come; I don’t think that the Wade family is ready to lose a member.