The Flavor of Your Lips is Enough to Keep Me Here

Should I Write Myself Out Of The History Books?

It was just like any other normal day. I was so happy to have this new job. 'The Daily Grind' is what the place was called. It was a quaint little coffee shop, and best of all, it was right on Thames Street. I lived only two blocks from there so I could walk without worrying about getting lost, seeing as how I just moved to Maryland.
It was almost closing time, around 8:30 p.m. I was cleaning out the latte machine when I heard the little ring of the door as it opened and shut. I turned my head, annoyed. It was late, I was tired, and I didn't want to deal with people this close to close. I looked up into the face of the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. He looked, ethnic, with black hair that swooped to one side of his face. He had scruff around his chin, which was perfect because I was a sucker for facial hair. I could tell he was someone important because of the way he walked, and because I could see the metallic laminate poking out from behind his jacket.
I walked up to the counter, and waited for him to tell me what he wanted. But he didn't. He just sort of, stared.
"Is there something on my face?" I thought to myself. There was no way he was looking at me. I was mediocre, nowhere near attractive. He seemed to notice me staring and quickly gathered himself.
"Uh, I'll have just a large hot chocolate" he said.
I nodded, and made him his drink. He was so cute, and my hands were shaking. I kept spilling the hot drink all over my hands. I put a cover on it and handed it to him. He walked over to the table where the cream and sugar and other condiments were and placed a straw in his drink. He took a sip, and a look of surprise washed over his face.
"Holy shit, this is good!" he exclaimed, excitedly walking back towards me.
"Thanks" I said, laughing as I spoke.
"No I'm serious, this is the best drink ever....Christa" he said, trailing off as he looked at my nametag. I blushed, but I didn't know why. I made the best drinks out of all the employees here, I got complimented more than once a day. I guess he just made me nervous.
"You coming to the show tonight?" he asked, smiling as he took a sip of his drink.
"Show...?" I said, confused.
He laughed. "I'm in a band, we're called All Time Low. This is our hometown show, we're playing down the street, and I thought like, everyone was coming. I guess not" he said.
I giggled nervously. "Well, I just moved here from North Dakota, so you could say my music taste is a little, outdated." I said. Wow, outdated? How dumb did I sound, I thought.
"Well the show starts at nine, you should come. I'm Jack, by the way." He said, holding out his hand so I could shake it. Jack, what a cute name, I thought.
I shook his hand. "I'm Christa, but you already knew that. And I'd love to come to your show" I said, trying to give him a flirtatious smile.
"Sweet! Here's a pass, you know, so you don't have to buy a ticket" he said, handing me a shiny laminate like the one he had hanging around his neck.
"Actually, I was just about to close, and I'm afraid I'll get lost. So if you want to wait like two seconds we can walk together" I suggested.
His face light up. I couldn't believe he was actually going with this.
"Yeah, sure, definitely" Jack said. "I'll wait over here."
I ran into the back room, not even bothering to finish cleaning the machine. I threw off my stupid apron and my work shit, and put on normal clothes and my jacket. I inspected myself quickly in the mirror, adjusting my hair. I turned off the light, closed the door, and went back out to the front.
"Okay, ready" I said, shutting most of the lights off, but leaving a few so the shop was dimly light.
"This way, m'lady" Jack said, linking arms with me.
We exited the shop as I locked the door tightly behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a little slow. I didn't want to make things happen too fast.

I hope you like it though!