Status: Oneshot

Are You Scared?

1/1

No matter how much he hated to amdimit it and would deny it if you asked, Jack Barakat was afriad of the dark. The twenty-two year old had a fear of a spectum of light. He didn't understand why, it happened everyday, the sun went down and then area around him would be covered in a veil of black. But that somehow terrified him.
~xXx~
Jack was currently sitting on his best friends bed, getting his ass beat at Maden as he devoured a bag of cheetos. He was listening to the sounds of the storm blowing outside and the vicotory cries of Alex. "You suck at this game, dude!" Alex giggled as he tackled one of Jack's players to the ground.
"That's cause you cheat asshole!" accused Jack.
"I do not cheat, you just suck!" Jack just scoffed at his friends responce.
"Fuck you, man." Jack mummbled.
"You'd love it if i did!" Alex said, winking at the younger male.
"Shut up." Jack mummbled as he let his gaze drift down to his lap as his cheeks turned a furious shade of pink, accepting defeat.
"Awww Jack-o you're blushing." Alex cooed, loving the affect he had on the younger male as he paused the game.
"shutupalex." Jack quickly mummbled, trying to brush off Alex's words.
The wind was blowing harder, causing branches to tap against the bedroom window, the rain pounding on the roof sounding like thousands of tiny feet running along the roof. The room was virtually silent besides the rain and the sound of both boys breathing.
And then Alex decided to grow some balls.
"Jack, i'm gonna try something, promise you won't freak out." the blondes voice oozed with nervousness that alerted the younger boy.
"O-Okay.." Jack was aprehensive.
Alex scooted closer to Jack on the bed sitting cross legged infront of the raven haired boy. He started leaning in closer, placing a hand on Jack's knee. Jack was holding his breath, excitement bubbling in his stomach. Alex's eyes slipped close when Jack's did, all inhibitions lost.
Alex had always had strong feelings for his best friend, and would admit it if he was asked without avail. So to him this moment was perfect, and nothing could ruin the feeling they both felt between them.
There was suddenly a bright white flash that illuminated the room, taking all lights in a fiffty mile radius with it. A veil of black covered Jack and Alex.
Jack jumped away before Alex's lips could even make it past the millimeter of space between them, jumping up to try the light switch.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck FUCK!" The didn't turn on for Jack and he was about to have a panic attack because no, this was not supposed to ruin this perfect moment.
"Ja-ack?" Alex questioned as said boy threw himself into the corner of Alex's bed, throwing the blanket over himself. "What's up?" he asked coyly as he lifted a corner of the blanket.
"I didn't think this would happen, this is so embaressing, i'm so fucking stupid and a coward..." Jack continued to mummble to himself as he curled up into a shaky ball.
And then it clicked for Alex. How he jumped away only when it suddenly turned pitch black, how he was now hidding under Alex's blanket mummbling about being a coward.
"Jack? Are you afraid of the dark?" the blonde asked real concern clouding his voice. Jack just nodded in responce, glad it was dark for once so that way his best friend couldn't see how red his cheeks were from admiting such a irrational fear.
Alex pulled Jack from under the blanket and forced him to sit up, facing eachother. Jack kept his gaze down, not wanting to see the humilating looks of jest that Alex was most likely giving him. But Alex was having none of that.
"Jack look at me." when the raven haired boy didn't avert his gaze Alex placed a finger under his chin, forcing him to. Alex noticed the fire of shear fear in Jack's coffee coloured eyes, "Aww Jack-o, it's fine nothing's going to hurt you while i'm here." Alex wanted to comfort the boy no matter what.
Alex pulled Jack closer to him, practically holding him like a new born infant and started placing light butterfly kisses to his face, making Jack giggle "stop" and "alex please". When Alex did stop though it was to place a sweet kiss on Jack's lips. Putting all the feelings he couldn't express with words into, telling Jack that he wouldn't let the dark hurt him as long as he was there, with just one kiss. And Jack felt those things, he felt like Alex was going to be his light no matter what darkness came to him.
Alex pulled away first, "M'tired Jacky. Let's go to bed." Jack crawled off Alex's lap and Alex got under the blanket that was previously used as Jack's sheild from the darkness and pulled the raven haired boy close to him. They entertwined their legs and arms, becoming a mess of limbs and they pressed as close to eachother as possible, laying in sweet storm filled silence. Jack broke the content silence between the two boys before the driffted off to sleep with a statment that made Alex's heart flutter with a thousand little raindrops like the ones on his roof.
"You'll always be the light in my dark, Alex."
And then the lights came back on.
♠ ♠ ♠
-so i had written this whole thing and i went to go copy it and instead of copy i pressed paste and i lost the entire thing so i had to rewrite it because i wrote it on my phone so i can't exactly un-do acidentilly deleting it. So basically i stayed up until after midnight writing a one shot that i could only remember the ending paragraph to after deleting it.
Waste of my night.
-and i am now continuing it in my speech class when i'm supposed to be working on my group speech on teen suicide
-and then i fINISHED IT IN SPEECH THE NEXT DAY AWWW FUCK YEAH
so Radioacitve Hearts this is for you since you know
you're just awesome and so i dedicate my first fluff where no one dies to YOU
(bytheway better get them nuggets soon the stories are getting restless)
so feed me comments and some mcdonalds mcnuggets with some cookie dough ice cream cause i'm seriously fucking hungry cause i still have to wait like 45 minutes until lunch.
here's my personal tumblr ---> dont-feed-the-fangirls.tumblr.com
my Jalex one ---> jagk-run-away-with-me.tumblr.com
and my writting one which i will update tonight ----> msterrys.tumblr.com