Status: it doesn't hurt to comment :)

Magic in Love

Chapter 1

I was shaken awake by my chamber maid, Irena. Her wide blue eyes frantically darted around the room as she ushered me into a sitting position.
“What? What’s wrong?”
“Alekzandra, the kingdom is under attack. The whole castle’s on fire. You need to get out.” She said, desperation clear in her voice.
“Who?” I demanded.
“Kellan.” Was all she said. I nodded getting up and grabbing a robe. I ran out the door with Irena close behind.
“Mistress, it’s too dangerous to go out this way. You’ll either die from the flames or Kellan will kill you himself.” A worried tone making its way into her voice. I disregarded her remark and ran into Aiden’s room. I ran to the bed only to find the younger boy gone.
“Aiden!” I screamed, frightened that he might have ran into the flames on accident.
“Sister?” a small voice asked from under the bed. I quickly grabbed my baby brother out from under the bed, picking up and pulling him to my chest.
“Aiden, we need to run. It’s not safe for us here.” I said, his little arms wrapping around my neck. I pulled away and wiped away his tears.
“I’ll distract them,” Irena said
“Oh, Irena, no, you can’t, they’ll kill you.” I grabbed her arm.
“I have to try. I need to get you out of here, you need to be far from here.” She said with a maturity beyond her years.
“Please, Irena,” I pleaded.
“If it’s meant to be, my friend, we’ll meet again.” She said with a small smile. She gave me a short hug before ushering me towards the hidden door in the wall of Aiden’s room. Pressing a stone, part of the wall moved itself. I rested my hand on Irena’s cheek.
“I’ll always remember you. You were always a true friend.” She smiled kindly before gently pushing me into the tunnel. The last thing I saw before the tunnel closed was the door bursting open and a sword going through Irena.
“NO!” I pounded on the wall before I felt a tug on my arm.
“Sister, we need to run before it’s too late.” I nodded before grabbing Aiden’s hand and ran. Once outside what I saw was horrifying. It was a massacre. I grabbed a sword from a dead soldier. Leaning back up, I heard Aiden yell my name in fright. A searing pain in my side had my head reeling. Looking up, a man gave me a sickeningly sweet smile. I allowed tears to collect in my eyes and waited for the man to raise his sword. Once he did, I spun away from him and jabbed him with the sword. The man grabbed his side, and I took my chance, effectively killing the man. Grabbing Aiden’s hand once more, we ran. Eventually though, the sun came out. I stopped running and grabbed my side.

*Arthur’s P.O.V.*
“Merlin!”
“Yes sire?” came his irritating voice.
“Crossbow.”
“Ah yes, excellent choice sire.” He mumbled, fumbling with my weapons like a bumbling idiot. With a sigh and a roll of my eyes, I yanked my weapon of choice from my incompetent servant. Voices were heard behind some trees.
“Aiden, would you like to play a game?” came a female voice. I inched forward to see a beautiful woman, dressed like a princess.
“Yes!” a little voice cheered.
“See how many grasshoppers you can find. If you can find as many grasshoppers as you have toes, I’ll give you a prize.” She said with a secretive smile. A small boy quickly ran into the woods, though never strayed from the woman’s eyesight. Suddenly her secretive smile was gone, and a grimace replaced it. The woman placed her hand on her side, moving it back into view, blood became visible. Pain was evident, and I couldn’t just let a woman die. Moving into eyesight, the little boy ran over before the woman could look at me.
“Sister!” he pointed, catching her attention. The woman pulled out a sword, pushing the small boy behind her.
“Who are you? What do you want?”
“I am a knight of Camelot.” I said proudly.
“You lie; a knight of Camelot does not go on a hunt without their prince.” She shot back.
“He is the prince,” Merlin’s voice sounded behind me. Turning around in irritation I glared at my man servant.”
“Good lord Merlin; I had the situation under control.”
“You.” The woman said, looking past me, towards Merlin. Merlin looked around confused.
“Me?” he asked, pointing a finger towards himself.
“I don’t see anyone else.” She said pointedly.
“Well, I’m still here.” She turned her annoyed gaze towards me.
“There isn’t anyone else by the name of Emris.”
“I’m sorry, you must be mistaken. His name’s Merlin.” I said. The woman regarded me coolly, before turning her eyes back on Merlin. She studied him for a moment, before seemingly deciding to leave it alone.
“Where are my manners? My name is Princess Alekzandra; this is my little brother Aiden. Our kingdom was attacked two nights ago. I’m afraid the fires and an army killed the rest of my people.” Tears collected in the lashes of the princess. Aiden grabbed her hand in comfort. A gasp escaped her when he leant his head into her side. Her eyes seemed to roll into the back of her head, before her body collapsed onto the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
so...yeah. New story. I hope you like it, and actually give it a chance. :)